NEWBIES READ!!!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Antoninus, Sep 19, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Does This Drive You Crazy As Well?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

PLEASE check your posts for spelling when you are typing them. If your not a good speller, coppy and paste your completed post to Word or Notepad or Word Perfect and do spellcheck there then coppy and paste the edited post back here. Or, gods forbid, press BACKSPACE and change the word. Bad spelling makes a post confusing and frustrating to read.

2. Milo

Milo New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

Quoted in case you edit your post later on.

3. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

Umm......I fail to see whats so hilarious

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    ...because in a post where you've been imploring others to check their spelling, you've gone and made yourself a typo. :lol:

As far as I know (and you know, that really ain't far), copy is still spelled with just one P. :)

5. jazzkit

jazzkit New Member

Also: "your" should be "you're", the shortened version of "you are". Sorry to be picky.

6. VPoH

VPoH New Member

Well, if you guys hadn't caught those errors, I certainly would have. Is that what we are supposed to vote about, whether or not people with bad spelling who post about other's bad spelling bothers us? If so, my vote is yes. :p

7. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

Idiots, I said clean up your spelling, not be anal about it.

8. Milo

Milo New Member

No, you said you wanted people to "coppy" and paste their posts into a word processor, spellcheck it, and then "coppy" and paste it back into the reply window (that seems pretty anal to me, but whatever). Something that you, the person asking everyone else to, obviously haven't done.

So, you, can take you're little spelling, and grammer, hang-ups write over their.

9. VPoH

VPoH New Member

You post a thread, bitching at people to use spell check, while making so many spelling errors yourself that it just boggles the mind, and you have the nerve to call someone else an idiot??? If you had followed your own advice, you wouldn't seem like such a retard.

It amazes me how you can screw up so bad and then call us all idiots for pointing out that you didn't even follow your own advice. You need to grow up. You also need to be as anal as you want every one else to be and copy and paste everything into word and then use spellcheck, before posting it here, because you obviously cannot spell.

Oh, and as for your pm calling me a dick head, well, I will just chalk it up to your mental capacity and let it be.

10. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

By the way, if your a newbie, you're not allowed to use newbie as an insult. You say newbies read like you're so much above them, but honestly you still are one, so shut up. I honestly don't give a flying fuck if someone spells heello instead of hello, I'm not enough of an ass to get on them about it. I know what they are saying, and that's what matters. You tell people not to be anal about spelling, then you go around being a such a giant ass that Chris Farley would be jealous. If you didn't make a big deal out of it in the first place, no one would be getting on you now.

Oh and he isn't like Retard. Retard is cool, he isn't. How oculd you even compare them VPoH, you're completely out of line :D .

11. VPoH

VPoH New Member

My most humble and sincere apologies. I will never attribute to him the coolness of the retard again. I now understand that he is so much lower and so much less cool than a retard. Thank you for opening my eyes. :razz: :p :D

12. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

AH HAH! THAT is where you are wrong...sir. I have been here before, I rotate usernames every few months or so. Truth be told, Ive been here for about 3 years. So I am NOT a newbie thank you very much.

And I probably shouldve been a little more specific. Please try to make your posts as clean as you can. IE: dont mispell simple words. If your spelling something like "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" then yeah who really cares if you mess up.

13. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I didn't think copy was a very complicated word.

And if you're not a n00b, why act like one? Ideas count more than grammar and spelling. Look at Shadygrove. He's probably the smartest one on this forum, yet he can't spell. Yea, you shouldn't try and misspell words on purpose, like Matt with his tyme, but if someone misses the spelling of a word by accident, who cares.

14. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

Im sorry, but when you have mispellings EVERY THREE WORDS, that gets a little insane. I spell coppy the way I do as a personal preference. I learned it that way so I write it that way. But like the infamous "how do you walk on wator" post.........Im not saying spelling is connected to intelegence in any way shape or form. It just makes things LOOK a whole lot smarter and much easier to read for other people. I learned my typing through years and years of IMing believe it or not. I RARELY have to use the Backspace key. Im not saying spelling has to be flawless, it atleast should be tidy. Not like "how do u get th pryo bow in denholm from thta guy in th werehouse?"

15. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Some people just can't spell. It's called dyslexia. As long as the post is understandable, who the hell cares for the spelling. Deal with it.

16. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

WOA !!!!
    Funniez NOOBZ wantz NAZI GRAMMAZ powha movez inz does BoaRDZ !!!!!

Me HAtEZ NAZIE GRAMMARZ NOOBZ !!!!

NIZIE GREAMMARZ NOOBZ GOT DA FOOKZ ouTA herez !!!!

17. VPoH

VPoH New Member

I have made your errors bold, so you can see them easier.

How can anyone take you seriously when you continue to make the simple mistakes you rail against everyone else about. Just so you know, it should be ie, not IE. The simple word is misspell, not mispell. It is you're, not your. Word, if you used it like you want everyone else to, would have caught your stupid errors.

Why do you supposedly change your account every few months? Inquiring minds want to know. What are you trying to hide from? Tell us what your last three account nicks were, so we can remember you. Prove you are not just a mentally deficient noob. Back up your claim of long time membership.

You are most certainly infected with the id.10.t virus and should get offline and stay offline until it is fixed.

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Like I said it's stupid to MISSPELL words on purpose, like choosing to write coppy as some odd form of self-identification. Personally, wator isn't that bad. I know the kid is saying water, it's not like he spelled it wateresdfs.

If you want to go into grammar:

I learned it tha way COMMA so I write it that way.
    It isn't Im, it's I'm. Now I can understand what you mean, but if you are going to blast other people for using simple abbreviations like, ur and u, then at least have the intelligence to not do it yourself. Oh, and it is INTELLIGENCE, not INTELEGENCE. You should have put a space between at and least, atleast is not a word.

I'm not going to doubt you learned to type IMing, it isn't worthy of a believe it or not. I really fucking proud of you that you never hit the backspace key, congratufuckinglations. You basically ARE saying typing has to be perfect, but in fact, that makes this the most hypocritical, ignorant thread in existence. You said copy and paste the post into Word, because you want the posts to be perfect, even though your posts aren't. You don't have some fucked up extra privilege when it comes to grammar; if you want people to use correct language, YOU use correct language. It's amazing that no matter how long someone says they come here, they can still be a dickhead.

19. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

I'd like to humbly query as to whether anyone else thinks this thread should be vaulted?

20. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

It probably should be, just for the idiocy of the topic. BTW, why isn't this in general discussion? It has jackshit to do with Arcanum.

Our Host!