Stashes

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Antoninus, Sep 19, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Antoninus

Antoninus New Member

Am I the only one who finds stashes usefull? I was talking to a bunch of guys online "Stashes? Who needs 'em? Just carry everything with you!" I downloaded the Cargo Hold MOD for Techies and for mages I use the Hall of Records in Tarant. You store all your extra stuff there, its especially important for Techies because youve got parts and ammo to worry about.

2. Stuart

Stuart New Member

I always use the little warehouse north of the Zoological Society in Tarant to store all my extra stuff.
    I have had incredible amounts of gun, sword and armour in that little box. And not to mention manuals... Oh boy.

-Stuart

3. jazzkit

jazzkit New Member

I use the cupboards in the rooms at the inns in each major city. Tarant has all my important stuff and the others just have surplus arrows and jewels and stuff. You don't have to pay for the room to use it and nothings ever gone missing.

Couldn't live without it as I'm not very strong and don't always want alot of followers.

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

yah, i kept some magic plate mail in an inn until virgil was strong enough not to be moderatly encumbered when he used it and carried anything in any amount...

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I usually use the locked barrels in the streets, one in each city. Mostly the one near the bridge in Tarant- but it always gets so full I don't know where to put stuff. Lately I came up with the idea of using the chest in the empty house of that girl who desperately wants to work in Madam Lil's. Once she gets her wish, I get my stash :)

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

what about that warehouse in tarant? that works for me! (the one with all the rats you get hired to kill)

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Also a cool idea, though I prefer my stashes to be close to the junk dealer- less time spent running

8. Yeti_Ohms

Yeti_Ohms New Member

I usually use the free inn room in blackroot or the sewers in tarant. Definitely useful for certain modifcations to Arcanum. By the way me and a friend are working on a mod/expansion type thing so expect one. Still in early stages though.

9. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

Yeah, I have to say that's the best place. Even better, you don't actually have to go IN the warehouse. Just use the barrel inside the wall. It's the best place, as it's halfway between the junk dealer and the gypsy identifier lady. No way would I use the sewers. Wastes time on the map change.

10. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

I use the Warehouse in Tarant as well (the one with Rats)... it's really useful... mainly because I'm right near the thieves guild, which is VERY nice for me... :)

11. Shire

Shire New Member

I've always liked to establish my "base of operations" in the Workshop near Blackroot. There are 4 containers which are safe for storing items. With Teleport, it's easy to reach from anywhere too. This is for mages, of course, haven't played that much of a techie. I tend to go towards mages or thieves all the time..

12. Balint

Balint New Member

I see we think alike. :) As in Divine Divinity, so in Arcanum: I've always tried to pick a teleport "home" where I could divide up loot into different containers according to type. That way, I wouldn't have to sort through weapons looking for healing and fatigue potions, for instance.

13. ZirePhoenix

ZirePhoenix New Member

I use the file cabinet in Tarant's train station for Quest items, and anything that I don't immediately need. Of course, I'm playing a complete imbecile (int 4) as my first character, so I don't "need" anything but a big sword. I'm also enjoying all the silly dialogs that Troika put in... oh man... Thorbald Two Stones was called "Thors' Two Bald Stones"... oh man... so funny :lol:

14. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

You have much to learn, oh... uh.... green hoppy thing.

Wait until you get to Nasrudin or Aaronax. Also make sure to ask Virgil (and every other name you call him) what you should do as often as possible. The results are VERY humorous.

IQ4? Pfwah! You, sir, are still a genius compared to my 1/2 ogre, Mr Fisto, with his IQ of 1.

15. gjpayne

gjpayne New Member

I tend to use Mr. Plough's warehouse as my home too. The barrel between the tailor and gunsmith in Ashbury is my secondary stash.

16. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

I use the inn in tarant when i need to get stuff from there when i am out of town i just teleport to tarant get what i want and teleport out.

Our Host!