Raven hates me please help

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by blazer2002, Sep 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. blazer2002

blazer2002 New Member

when i get near ring of brodgar she doesnt tell that she loves me and when in caladon in my old game she says walking around would be nice but when i ask she says this place is where we can find more about nasrudin and i am an elf and i am below Raven's level

2. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

If you are having problems with your followers reaction , I would suggest to be a Gnome. All you have to do is learn charm. Using charm on somebody when your a Gnome leaves +10 reaction every time you charm somebody. (including your followers) Gnomes rule!

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Put on a Smoking Jacket, that's +20 reaction

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    The third option is to put some points at Beauty, or at least wear some Beauty increasing equipment.

I had to do that with one of my former characters. For no appearent reason, most followers were suspicious to me, with Chukka being the foremost representative of suspciousness on the planet. What's wrong with that ogre? He seems to have strong objections against any kind of action. I suppose Bates forgot about booking a time for lobotomy at the Tarant veterinary...

Don't spend points in Beauty unless you can spare them though... you'll need to dump a few points before you get noticeable changes in NPC reaction.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Chukka is amazingly good hearted, especially for a pure blood ogre, and takes offense if you squash a cockroach. He also starts off really prejudiced against you. I usually just let him get killed and then resurrect him- always the best way to boost up the follower's reaction.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yeah, he's good hearted allright, and also amazingly intelligent for one of his kind (IN 6 if I recall correctly, which I always do :p )

While he leaves no question to be the greatest tank in the game, I just can't stand all his whining - I helped out the gnome in Tarant to clear his warehouse out of rats. Guess what? Chukka began to complain. I helped the Wheel Clan dispatch all those creepy spiders and guess what? Chukka complained. I helped Stringy Pete destroy the Bangellian Scourge, and you just couldn't guess what Chukka did!*

Nope, that ogre is better off upholding his gay relationship with Gilbert Bates. Everything else pisses him off, it seems - guess Virgil ain't that much of a substitute...

* He complained!

7. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Oh well. I'm not too fond of Chukka anyway, he is usually at least 4 levels below all my party by the time I get him, and with pyro axes high ST doesn't really matter- main damage is fire anyway. With bad starting reaction and annoying good heartedness, Chukka just isn't worth the hassle.

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

you know, when i first started posting here everyone was bitching about how virgil complains too much, and i had no idea what they were talking about, then i realised that i was exempt from this aspect of virgil's character because i equipped him with helmet that lowered his alignment gradually (i forget the name but it was evil looking) may be that would work with chukka?

9. Solaris

Solaris New Member

It would. It works on anyone who isn't highly tech oriented. I had 100% evil Dante, Perriman and Raven with Dark Helm trick

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I do believe Blazer is complaining about the lack of romance.

Blazer, unless you have an extreemly high BE, you have to kill Min Gorad to set the affair off. You need to be Human, Elf or 1/2 Elf male. Lighting up PoW for every conversation you have with the beautiful Raven before she joins can't hurt. If she offers to heal you when you get back from T'sen Ang you are on the right track.

11. blazer2002

blazer2002 New Member

THANK YOU SHADYGROVE I didn't kill Min Gorad i remember now thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much :D :lol: :) :lol: :)

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

You REALLY want Raven to screw your guy don't you?

I've never played through with a chick character, but does Raven still fall for you?

13. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

No. :deep heartfelt sigh:

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Awwww :cry: :cry:

Can you still go to Madam Lil's though? :-(

15. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Yes. Given the right stats, a girl can do Min Gorad & the Widow Minsk too.

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

The widow Minsk! Damn, she's a freak! That guy with the book had it lucky!

Our Host!