Hexed Dagger -Besse Toon Mine

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by diRty_tOkX, Aug 29, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. diRty_tOkX

diRty_tOkX New Member

i have a couple of questions. please bare with me, im new.
    what does this dagger do? (Hexed Dagger -Besse Toon Mine)
    why does it have an orange title?
    it opens an extra button, and what does that do?
    are there many more hexed items?

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Wrong forum, expect to get moved.

The Hexad dagger in the Bessie Toon is there to train you. If you sell it unidentified, it will bring about 160 coins. Identified, about 10. Orange lettering identifies cursed items, but only after IDing them. Never give an unidentified item to a follower unless you know it is not hexed. THe blue botton is used to access any spells that a magic item will provide. Some items that carry no spells wil light this button, to no seeming pourpose.

3. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I don't know if this is a spoiler, it has nothing to do with the plot but,

So, there are some weapons i found that look like they are hexed, therefore bad IMO, but they don't look bad. I found this sword that deals decent damage, and has a thing for random fire damage each hit. Should I use it, even though it's hexed?

4. gargob

gargob New Member

Tip: If you find an unidentified sword in the Tarantian sewers. Throw it away.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Solaris's Rules for Using Hexed Items:
    1)Quoting Shadygrove the Omniscient: Never give an unidentified item to a follower unless you know it is not hexed. Don't use it yourself also unless you know EXACTLY what it does, and at what cost. Some of the hexed items may have permanent harmful effects. Saving the game before equipping yourself with a hexed item, taking it off and checking out of your stats had changed wouldn't be a bad idea.
    2)Not all hexed items are bad. Some can be extremely beneficial, if used wisely.
    3)Carefully consider the hexed weapons benefits vs. their cost.You may not want high damage resistance at the cost of permanent loss of HPs, or high damage at the cost of low speed and casting beneficial spells on enemies.
    4)Some (not all!) cursed items are cheaper before identification than after. Keep that in mind if you want to sell them

6. gargob

gargob New Member

Example if you find a helmet that says +20 MA and -20 Alignment. If you want to be an evil mage that helmet is perfect.

7. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

i love collecting hexed items, my faveorites are:

1) hexed berserker staff (at random times either increases or lowers stats)

2) axe of lost time (something like that... 0-76 damage but speed 6)

3) a bow which takes down their WP with every hit and is really fast but takes 6 of your CN points so only use at like 20 CN

p.s sorry if that was a fairly old thread i didnt feel i should start a new post...

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I tend to give items that throw random damage around to my techies to use against magic critters. The random damage effects are minimal due to a decent TA. I mostly only do this when there is just no other useful neutral to magic weapons for them to use.

Everybody's best hexed gear list will include The Axe of Lost Time, the Nature's Wrath Helm, & the Helm of Yacazar's .ost.

9. DJHostileTakeover

DJHostileTakeover New Member

I have a quick hex question: Say you're a tech character, and all magickal items end up at 0%. If an item has great resistance and AC but magickal curses, can a tech character use it without the magickal cons?

I guess he could, but I'm not really an expert at this game like people here seem to be.

10. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Hmm... no, I don't think so. I believe Magnus picked up that sword in the Tarant sewers (I can never remember the name...) but he suffered from the negative effects just like anyone else.

Besides, high-tech characters tend to hack themselves to death when wearing magickal equipment anyway...

11. gargob

gargob New Member

Strange I put on the helmet that makes you evil for good at something like 32 TA and no effect.

12. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Oh yeah? Strange... I might had been unpatched then... could have been a bug.

Other than that, I might just have confused Magnus with someone else...

13. DJHostileTakeover

DJHostileTakeover New Member

I'm using a hexed helmet with nice AC and resistance but an Engtangle con and I've never been entangled, so I think sometimes this works. Obviously I can't hit myself with it or anything so armor might be easier to use hexed than swords.

14. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Look at the helmet's MPA. It will not work after it gets below 5%.

Our Host!