Who the hell is this Leeca Newba??

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Lothirach, Aug 18, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lothirach

Lothirach New Member

Okay, so I'm exploring Black Root when I come upon this woman named Leeca Newba. Immediately when she comes into my field of vision, she gets one of those overhead saying things, saying something like "Please help me retrieve my godlike equipment from the sewer," and joins my party without me even going into dialogue with her. I can't go into dialogue with her after that, and can only issue commands by right-clicking her portrait. Worse, I tried to use the train to get to Tarant after that and when I get off she attacks my party, and the guards come to her assistance. If there is no other solution (or if I'm supposed to do something here), I guess I'll simply take her out somewhere in the wilderness and kill her...

2. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

What are you talkin about? Do you have some sort of mod?

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

dont kill her! this sounds interesting. just ask her what she thinks you should be doing right now. if she has that option, what are her stats too! and why dont you try to do her quest before going somewhere else? that might be the problem. this all sounds so strange and intruiging...

4. gargob

gargob New Member

where were you in Black Root? where you close to it or in the town or did you make up tha stuff?

5. Luvian

Luvian New Member

You need to take her to the Secret Black root sewers, once there take the first right, keep going at the next intersection, and turn left. Take the key in the chest. Go back to the last intersection, but go right again. Keep going until you see the 2 liches. Kill them and open the door with the key. Attack all the torches, and you get teleported to the real half-ogre lab. Explore a little until you find the stairway down, kill all the Gnome and half-Ogre until you get to the boss Gnome, I forgot his name. tell him anything you want, he'll attack you once you try to leave anyway. Once you killed him and his two half-ogre bodyguard, take his key and open up his chest.
    Take the Sword of Pain and the Gnomish Lord leather armor. Don't forget the Log Book, too.

Once you've taken the sword, Leeca Newba will ask for it, but I suggest you just kill her, it's the best sword in the game, and once you give to her she leave and you can't see her ever.

Then go back to the sewers, and you can explore around a little, there's goot loot and xp to be had here.

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

holy shit!!!! at what point in the game is this quest available? and what level do you suggest i am if i'm gonna take on liches?

7. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Luvian, you forgot to mention that the liches were extra beefed and blown up to the size of bludgeoners. And the big gnome boss is named Pilsbury. And to return to the room with the torches in the secret sewers of Black Root you have to find the ruby slippers (they're kind of hidden in the left corner of the big boss room), put them on, click your heels together three times and say, "There's no place like home." Most people don't know about this easter egg but it's a DOOZY!

I don't know WHAT you were thinking in advising Lothirach to KILL Leeca Newba! She's the best NPC in the game if you give the Sword of Pain to her (no pun intended)!

8. Luvian

Luvian New Member

I really don't like her. I'd rather like to use the sword on my main character.

9. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Lothirach is NOT a troll.

This well woman exists in Hard Arcanum.

Leeca Nooba well yes does it sound a lot like
    Leeching Noob :D

If you are high level go in the sewers with her .

If you are not high level yes go and kill her in the wilderness.

Or you can rightclick portrait and tell her to leave.

Our Host!