You can't help but read this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chalupa Cobra, Aug 7, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What do you think??

1. The poetry is truly great.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Truly, this poetry is great.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know what to say.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Oop! I voted twice.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I had to write a poem for school in iambic tetrameter. God that shit is hard. I don't understand how Shakespeare did it for so much of his stuff.

2. AngrySyrian

AngrySyrian New Member

Hey you piece of turd
    Don't make these shitty haikus
    Please die, Chiquita

3. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Shakespeare is nothing
    Compared to my imminence
    You cannot sleight me

I understand mrnobodie's love/hate relationship with poetry. Apparently, there is initially disgust in the first two lines and yet he is aroused at the closing of the poem. Although he would not "want to see it again", his satisfaction with his work is eminent by the end of the stanza. I, too, am bipolar when it comes to composition and I think that it is a driving force when I am creating. The love of my work keeps me attentive to detail and the hate is what binds it to me. mrnobodie, I want you to know that you are SOMEBODY and you're not alone; I UNDERSTAND you.

Jerboa needs to spend less time trying to call me names.

4. gargob

gargob New Member

Okay let's see you create a play.

5. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

You cannot direct the focus of my creative talents. You might as well ask birds to swim like fish.

6. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Penguins come to mind. They swim better than fish. Then you've got dozens of other swimming birds. I can't remember the name of one particular bird, but it does actually swim LIKE a fish to - with the same oscillating lower body movement. Wish I could remember what it's called... :/

Oh, and it's Eminence, not Imminence; or Imanence if you're referring to there being no way to stop you from occuring.

7. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

I always thought that penguins used their wings to swim, not their tails. If you can name a bird that swims by swishing its tail I'll retract my analogy and replace it with something more applicable.

As to my usage of the words "imminence" and "eminent", they are correct. Both can be found in my previous post. The former is used to communicate that my genius has not yet been discovered and that when it is it will be found to rival Shakespeare's. The latter is used to communicate that retard's poem has an obviousness that is apparent upon examination. "Imanent" is not a word. "Immanent" is; it means "inherent" or "subjective".

Remove the mote from thine eye, Ferret. It is better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

8. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Penguins yes, but they swim just as well as fish. Like I said, I do know there is a bird that uses it's tail and legs, folded flat against it's tail to swim just like a fish does with oscillating body movements, but I have forgotten what it is called. Also, some fish don't swim like the average fish and don't use their tails at all.

I know what they mean. Actually, when I posted I actually looked up the spelling of those words. The way I spelled them is correct using the Oxford English Dictionary. However, since you pointed it out I looked them up in the Revised Cambridge Dictionary and they're spelled the way you spelled them. It looks like there is a disparagy within the English language. It appears as if the spelling of the words has changes in recent years. Either that or the Oxford dictionary has been printing a typo for the last few decades....

As for Shakespear, he was no genius. He definitely had a way with words (most of which he made up himself because he couldn't read or write properly) but he was not a genius by far. Infact his intellect was rather lacking despite the great imagination and creative flare....

9. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Genius, my friend, is not defined by intellect alone. It's too bad that you really believe that.

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Okay then, YOU define genius, because I'd sure as hell define it as a certain level of intelligence in a particular area - I'm sure you're familiar with the psychological theories regarding multiple types of intelligence.

11. Canis

Canis New Member

The Loon? I believe that's how it swims, using its wings only for balancing and turning. It's been found at depths of 600 feet according to the documentary I saw, which impressed the hell out of me.

12. Ferret

Ferret New Member

That may or may not be it. All I know is that there is one. It sounds like it is though. :)

There are probably actually a couple of dozen out there that we don't know of. Not everything is filmed.

13. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Intellect is one vector that genius takes but creative or serendipitous talent is another. Genius defines its circumstances just as Shakespeare defined the Elizabethan era and Socrates the heyday of Greece. Understand??

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

That's a pathetic definition - genius defines it's circumstances. What a load of crap. You so need more practice at dodging questions.

15. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Fucking oath.

Sorry, I've just been dying to use that phrase. Di....did I use it right?

16. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Oh, she doesn't dodge them. She just ignores them outright and continues to argue her point anyway. :)

17. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

serves you right for thinking haikus could be uplifting...
    those haikus made me cry a thousand tears of blood, the loss of human life was too much for me to bear

18. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Huh? When did you get back? And more importantly, what are you trying to say?

19. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I'm trying to say that those haikus made me go crazy and slaughter a nearby house full of orphans, when i came too i was naked and crying... and my tears were as blood...

oh and chalupa cobra

i'd prefer it if your creative birds would drown...[/quote]

20. Zen

Zen New Member

You sertainly have a way with words..

Hehe..

You remind me of someone I know from the Arcanum Inn Sleek..

:D

- Zen

Our Host!