Arronax and Nasrudin are HUMAN

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Deker, Jul 30, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What Arronax and Nasrudin are?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2003.
  1. Humans.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Elves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. They are once elves, but now human.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. They are human, but then become elves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lord Deker

Lord Deker New Member

I am sure many Arcanum player have noticed a strange thing at the later part of the game, that Arronax and Nasrudin are HUMAN! At that time I thought it is just an error from the game maker, I think I have a new idea, or theory, about this.

First let's start with some faxts in the game : Both of them are called as "Power Elf in the Age of Legend" by the writer of the religous book. Back in the Age of Legend that is a world of magic, that the common people (except those in Vedigo, but destroy by magician) are magic-users, as common as we use eletrical devices. And these two "Elves" are great magic-user.

A story is made here : At that time common people, human, also use magic, although without a apt towards magic. Arronax and Nasrudin are human, but they learn magic hard, so that they live longer by some magical ways. Their magic is so superior that it works as the Supernature Selection does : turn them into magical being. So that as the time goes on they grow sharp ear, pale skin (by magic effect, of course!), and look like an elf! That's way the human writer say they are "Elf", but they are actually human, as shown in the game.

Is that Insane? Give me feedback, come and blast this theory.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Nah, I don't really think Arronax and Nasrudin are supposed to be human, it's just one big design flaw. :)

And if you read the races section in the manual, it says that the elven race evolved from the human strain waaaay back in time. Arronax and Nasrudin were both elves from the very day they were born and not human, otherwise we'd known.

... it would have been fun though, if the only way to actually play an elf was to play a [Insert Race Here] and reach 100% magickal aptitudes. Damn it! Now I've got scenes of brutish half-ogres transforming into elven mages playing in my head! :lol:

3. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Deker, I think you might want to think about changing your intake of certain chemicals. Unless your version of Arcanum is bugged then you probably saw the neat-O 3-D movie that plays at some point during your discussion with Nasrudin. In it -- during the Age of Legends 2000 years ago in game time -- Nasrudin AND Arronax have pointy ears and weak little girly-man elf-builds, although Arronax has probably been taking steroids. Sure, you could make the argument that their models in the game look like humans but its kind of hard to tell at that distance, especially when you have the testament of the aforementioned neat-O 3-D movie.

4. AngrySyrian

AngrySyrian New Member

Hey a-hole, thanks for spoiling the storyline! :x

5. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

6. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

You have deleted the previews post Chrisbeddoes !!!!

Shame .

I will report you !!!!!

edit.

Oh and yellow , green and red smilie !!!!

I love them .

In fact i have been seeing red, green, and yellow smilies all afternoon !!!!

I love them .

/edit.

Oh and moderators .

Please move this in the

SPAM

section of the forum.

7. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Oh, come on, it's not like we gave away the ending or anything. The only thing that newcomers might not be sure about and that we confirm here is that you get to speak with Nasrudin before the game's end. You might as well call telling them that they get to speak with Charles Brehgo a spoiler.

8. gargob

gargob New Member

The General Discussion forum should not have Arcanum spoilers if you checked before posting.

9. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

What's been spoiled?! If the cat is already out of the bag then you should have no qualms pointing it out to me.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Nasrudin was supposedly dead and had been for somewhile. Finding out he is alive before finding out in the game would have made me angry if it had happened to me.

11. Canis

Canis New Member

It was revealed that Nasrudin is alive, and that the player character might have occasion to meet with him. This has far-reaching implications for the storyline, and is not on the same level as Brehgo.

This whole thread should be on the spoilers board, along with the Arcanum Pissing Contest, er, Challenge.

EDIT: Curse you, Fleet-Fingered Phoenix!

12. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

If you read carefully you will notice that no one mentions whether Nasrudin is alive or dead when you speak to him, hence my comparison to Charles Brehgo. In fact, the only spoilers on this page are the correctly labeled one by chrisbeddoes and the last two posts. I don't really consider even chrisbeddoes post a spoiler as it looks like some sort of editing program is in use and that being the case everything on the screen has the chance of being completely fabricated. Until you last two blabbed it to the entire forum Nasrudin's physical status was somewhat hazy. NOW it's been spoiled for all those newbies who are capable of using the search function (ie. 0.02% of newbies).

13. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

For one thing, just finding out you speak with him is a spoiler.

14. Canis

Canis New Member

For another, there's quite enough information in this thread for anyone to come to the "Nasrudin Is Alive" conclusion on their own, whether or not any of us states it explicitly. Let's not even mention the multitude of spoilers in Chalupa's own pissing contest thread, which continues to exist in the wrong forum.

Do you think we should start considering Chalupa in the same manner as his hero Charles, and stop arguing with him? With some people, reason will get you nowhere.

15. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Perhaps not the same group. At least we can understand what Chalupa is saying most of the time. Hmm, who else could we group him with?

16. gargob

gargob New Member

Think about it if Nasrudin is dead. How are you gonna know he looks human?

17. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Yeah, I mean, near as I can recall, when you talk to spirits, you can't tell what race they are. And I doubt you could tell what it was from a thousand (or more, can't remember how long it had been) year old skeleton. And that's IF there was even any skeleton to look at.

18. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Nice recovery. :)

19. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Awww, Canis and Phoenix are just sore because they are the ones that spoiled this thread for all 0.02% of all newcomers to this forum. I think Canis is sore at my Arcanum Challenge thread because it has a vague connection to Eros Rex/Hel Khat. I feel that the thread is aptly placed right now -- it may contain some very minor spoilers but it is not really focused enough to fit in to the Hints & Tips section. This thread, though, is too far gone and might have degenerated to Vault of Folly quality by now, you spoilers, you.

20. Ferret

Ferret New Member

It still belongs in the H&T section, despite having gone somewhat offtopic. Any and all spoilers belong in there.

Our Host!