where can i kill some guys or beasts with lvl 8 guy?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Vlad, Jul 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vlad

Vlad New Member

I have already finished game with warrior/mage, and now i want to finish it with technology guy.
    Now I am level 8, finished all quests in shrouded hills, and quest with Glady in Dernholm, but i don know what to do next. For solving thief problem in Blackrot i'm not powerful enough, and dont know any other place were i could go and kill some guys.
    Can you recomend me some places ?

2. Canis

Canis New Member

If you have already finished the game once, you should be somewhat familiar with the game world. Might I recommend the quests in Tarant, Ashbury, and even perhaps the main quest?

You don't need to be "powerful" for that quest. There are several ways to complete it, and just in case you don't know, it's connected to the "collect taxes from Black Root" quest, which is also a pretty big one.

3. Vlad

Vlad New Member

I know there are several ways to finish that quest, but i'm playing to have an evil aligment so it would be good if i buy dagger from them ... but it doesn't matter anymore i was walking around for random encouter 'till lvl 10, and then when to P Schyler and sons ...

And also the ting about finishing a game once, i finshed it with magician and it is alot harded with technologyst in the beggining.

Tnx anyway

4. Canis

Canis New Member

Um, what? You don't need to be "powerful" to buy the dagger from them, and anyway if you want to be evil that's not the way to go. There are several ways to complete this quest, and you don't seem to be considering all of them.

That doesn't make any difference. If you really had been through the game you'd have noticed many ways of gaining experience besides wandering around hoping to get jumped. Quite a few easy, experience-rich quests are available at the beginning for instance, and several easy-to-get-to locations are open for critter-hunting. I did mention Ashbury, did I not?

For nothing, right? :roll:

5. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

see Canis, you are being appreciated for your full worth. :lol:

6. gargob

gargob New Member

You can do their one of their quests and get a negative alignment.

7. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

If you're a fire-arms techie I reccomend you go steal the Looking Glass Rifle from the Fire-arms Master. Also, I'd look into getting Dog soon.

8. Canis

Canis New Member

Just two of the many delights which await you at the fabulous seaside resort town of ASHBURY!!!

9. gargob

gargob New Member

Don't forget when you first enter there's a special one time only show staring a gnome kicking a dog only in front of inn special prize to who saves the dog. Offer expires after one game hour.

10. neuromancer

neuromancer New Member

A lot of people jump from the crash site to Shrouded Hills. If you are a few exp. points short, take a nice walk through the mountains.

Ashbury has a dog that really hates the undead. Maybe he likes the bones.

Is there a flea-bitten cat anywhere?

11. Luvian

Luvian New Member

You should get dog, too. Oh wait... that was said already... 3 times... :roll:

12. xento

xento New Member

Vlad, I suggest going into the woods outside of Blackroot and killing some of those beasts! Especially the ones at Lian(sp?)'s cabin. Go to the portal, and just frag them! Be sure to only take them a couple at a time, at first.

I went from level 5 or so to level 20 or so doing that. :)

13. Resident Master Vampire

Resident Master Vampire New Member

14. neuromancer

neuromancer New Member

Vlad, I took my half-ogre arsonist (lvl 7) directly from Tarant to Ashbury. The group was wiped out every time by a lvl 25 were rat. However, I went up to check out life in a northern town, returned to Tarant and then got to Ashbury without meeting the whiskered one.

Or was I just lucky?

15. Canis

Canis New Member

Either that or you finally broke down and decided to take the train. :/

16. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Hey, neuromancer, the next time you are in Ashbury you should pick up the dog. He makes a great companion for the rest of the game and he is easily found: just south of the inn. You don't even have to be witty, powerful, or good-looking. Few wererats can stand up to a couple of chomps from him.

17. Lord Deker

Lord Deker New Member

Few wererat can stand the dog, but a few wererats can finish the dog and you nicely, if you are not very powerful and dog is only lv8.

18. Canis

Canis New Member

Dog is never level 8. He's always level 12 when you first find him. :wink:

19. gargob

gargob New Member

I think follower levels decrease to your level.

20. Canis

Canis New Member

No, sorry, they don't. They just don't level ahead of you. So if you get Dog at level 8 he'll stay at level 12 until you hit level 13, at which point you'll both level together.

Our Host!