I have a question.....or two

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadowin, Jul 19, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shadowin

Shadowin New Member

I downloaded the Arcanum save game editor, and it said to put the ocx and dll files in my system folder....so I did so, but I didn't back any of those files up. Has anyone here downloaded the save game editor, and had any problems with it? I'm just hoping that I did not screw anything up in my system folder by putting those new files in, and overriding the ones that were already there. :/

And also, whenever I install the patch Arcanum will not run, I get a message that says Arcanum caused an error in module (unknown), does anyone know how I can fix it? :???:

2. gamenut

gamenut New Member

i just have one comment: the editor takes all the fun out of the game. :x

3. Gambit

Gambit New Member

First question, they seem to be Visual Basic runtime library files. So there shouldn't be any problems with them. If there are just download VB 6 runtieme libraries somewhere (mircosoft perhaps).

The second question... Try to re-install the patch. I can't hink anything else for that.

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

where can i get a saved game editor? i missed some stuff like picking up Worthless Mutt, or Dog, or whatever his name is, can you edit that?

5. Resident Master Vampire

Resident Master Vampire New Member

The editor can be downloaded from Terra Arcanum's downloads. :p

No, you can't get characters using the editor or bring them back to life either(in the case that you let him get kicked to death). :-(

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I didnt mean too! i didnt even see him! i just entered blackroot and left! and i never had the opportunity to save him! god dammit!!! why dog why?!?!?!! :cry: :sad2:

7. xento

xento New Member

FYI, he is in Ashburry(sp?).

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

well whatever, i meant the place he is from, i still cant get him now though...

9. Aura Emenator

Aura Emenator New Member

serves you right

Probably installed it wrong. Did you check out the read me file that came with the patch? As for the editor, forget about it. Unless you know what your doing (not that complicated), you can easily make your game unplayable through inexperience. And you should just play the game like a normal person anyway.

10. Fhqwhgads

Fhqwhgads New Member

I used the editor and it worked just fine, although I did use it after I knew I was pretty much done with the game.

Our Host!