Just beat Arcanum first time, big spoilers

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Bertromitron, Jul 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bertromitron

Bertromitron New Member

Just some disjointed thoughts on the end

Argh, I'm somewhat disappointed at the ending of this game. this entire time I thought Arronax would be the big bad face off guy. Instead u fight this dude who is hardly even mentioned or heardof throughout the game...and he was pretty easy to beat too.

I liked how the ending tried to go for a Fallout "what-happened" style. Unfortunatly, it really wasn't satisfying since Fallouts location actually had personality and uniqeuness which made u interested in what happened to them.

I enjoyed the fact that they let u destroy the world. haha

And I reached the max level 50 a good amount of time b4 the end of the game which somehwat took the fun out of the rest of the game since advancement in skills and whatever was gone and the only character building left to do was with items and levelling up jayna my follower.

That's all for now

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I was just wondering what the point of this thread is. I would think most people here have completed Arcanum at least once and thus noone is particularly interested in hearing about how you completed exactly the same game as they did.

God, if everyone posted a thread like this every time they completed Arcanum we'd have nothing else but! :eek:

3. Luvian

Luvian New Member

He is posting his impression of the game now that he has finished it. Is he not allowed to do that?

4. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Hmmm....

I think the real question is whether this is an Arcanum board or an Arcanum FAN board. Personally, I don't see how anyone could find something to criticise about the game, but that's just blind fangirlhood.

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

What I was getting as was something similar to what Xan said. Why bother posting it here? Everyone here is more or less a fan of Arcanum and so when they complete it their reaction would be pretty much the same as Bertie's. It's kind of taken as given that they liked the game, but the ending was a little disappointing. If they didn't like the game so much they wouldn't be on an Arcanum fan board.

But you're right of course. I didn't mean to sound so offensive in that post. I had some posts deleted accidentally on another RP board because of an incompitent, arrogant moderator who doesn't give a toss about anything other than himself and I was in a sour mood.

You're free to air you opinions if you want to (unless of course we don't like them :p ) and I'm glad you enjoyed the game. :) Don't let me put you off. :/

6. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I've heard so much about what the ending is that Is why I'm still fooling around with parties and backgrounds than finishing the game. At least now I am still enjoying the game playing different styles.

I have all these save games right before the void that when I do decide to finish, I have a lot at one time to do (15 at present right now).

parmanian

Our Host!