Who is your most favorite character that you created?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by gargob, Jul 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. gargob

gargob New Member

Give the stats and a background story if you want. (blessings not included, backgrounds included, don't need to tell the base stats)

Norway Wimbleton (stupid name)
    male halfling levl 50
    22 dex, 20 per, mastery in bow, melee, dodge, throwing, backstab, pickpocket, prowling and spot trap.

5 full abars in all of the above plus the bonus to dodge and prowling.

2. the_game_addict

the_game_addict New Member

mr guns

human bandit 20 pe 20 dex 20 int master of firearms pcklocks and doctorate in firearms and mechanics

3. JoeFro84

JoeFro84 New Member

Spartik
    No background tech gods quest dwarf
    20 str, 20 dex, 18 PE, 20 Int, max dodge melee firearms and pickpocket, full smithy, charged rings, 5 into gunsmithy, maybe a few more..hes a powerhouse and always a load of fun.

4. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Most of them....except the gnome!

i can't get thorvald into the group so I stopped playing!

Parmanian

5. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Talon Knight-Human

Can't remember dex and such. Master melee and pick locks. Had full smithy and mechanics. I had pretty high charisma as well. Very powerful.

6. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

My favorite character so far is the one I'm playing now. Her name is Kismet, an elven mage, with a debutante backround. By the end, she'll be a persuasion master, specailising in white necromantic spells and force spells. She'll also know a few conveyance spells. (Unlocking cantrip and disarm.) If I have enough CP's, I'll try to get her to be a master (or atleast appretice) pickpocket.

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

pick pocket is mostly useless i find...

if the npc you want to pickpocket from has a house and goes to sleep at night, just accelerate game time to midnight and follow them into their bedrooms and theyll just go to sleep, then quick save and start pickpocketing them, quick save each time you succeed and reload if they ever wake up and attack you, it might be tedious, but this works great even if you have no points in pickpocket. I left shrouded hills with 14,000 :) gold and plenty of armor etc right at the begining of my first game.

now, my fav char...

i only recently bought arcanum... ($20) a little late but it was a bargain.

so yeah my first and only and current character is...

Cristoff
    Lvl 18 Human
    Background, magickal allergy

5point in gunsmith
    1point explosives (molotov cocktails are useful in the begining, easy to make, and keep me far away from baddies in melee)
    2 points in Electricity (gotta love charged rings

Expert in Firearms
    apprentice in dodge, lockpick, throw(1point is enough), melee

14PE
    14IN
    12DX

hes been working out pretty well so far...

8. NeoSargatanas

NeoSargatanas New Member

Yes, Ristezze (sp?) is easy to pickpocket, even with no points and low dex. His key gives you access to tons of money...

1. Steal.
    2. Take money from stash.
    3. Go two screens away, if magic character, to Wise Woman.
    4. Rest for two days (Check W.W.'s inventory if magic character).
    5. Repeat 2-5.

This is a pretty nice trick, but it takes some fun out of the game. To each his own, I suppose...

9. the_game_addict

the_game_addict New Member

i've got a real neat rick for that it seems that if you keep waiting and a merchant for example ritrezze's gold stock keeps getting bigger the first time you open there supply chest will have there money in it

10. Settler

Settler Member

Samuel Coventry, the first character I actually played through completely with - a persuasive, intelligent gunslinger :) . My points are really jumbled, I assigned as I went (my first game, like I said).

13 Str, 3 Con ( :) ), 13 Dex, 8 Wis, 18 Per (16, but I always had my goggles on), 20 Int, 18 Chr, 9 Bea. Master of Firearms, Master of Persuasion, 1 point in Prowl, 2 in Pickpocket, full Gunsmith Schematics...

And Droch's Warbringer. Yay.

11. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

What?? How dare you! Gnomes rule!!

12. Bertromitron

Bertromitron New Member

Blargh McblehMy dwarf technologist bomb tossing rifle(pistol)man. which I just beat the game with. Well, uhh....so far he's my only charcater and therefor my favorite so far

max points and mastery in firearms and throwing. Doctorate in firearms and explosives.

Don't remember all the stats.

He's pretty high up in good for the E&G meter.

He wears Iron clan armor, chapeau of magnetic inversio, Droch's warbringer, and regular metal boots i think.

13. LordCarlin

LordCarlin New Member

I really found it fun playing a half-orc with an arsonist background. The racial prejudice towards the half-orcs enriched the role playing process, adding additional challenges. I ended up paying more at most shops (though the ones run by half-orcs I paid less) and would get paid less for quests. On the other hand, when I encountered orc bandits, they were friendly. I thougt it was very neat the developers factored this in.

14. Fhqwhgads

Fhqwhgads New Member

My old dwarf barbarian who doubles as a fire mage....Trogdor the Burninator. :)

15. Mohrg

Mohrg New Member

Togar Bumpweed
    Half Orge
    Ran Away with the Circus
    22STR
    20DEX
    Master Melee/Dodge

I have 20 CP's just floating around and I have no idea what I should put them in....

Mohrg :x <-------n00b0

16. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Don't gravedig. That means no posting in a thread that hasn't been posted in for a while. It's a big no no around here and gets most people in a tizzy.
    That aside, welcome to the forum. :wavey:

17. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Sir Fishalot
    Mascot of my clan, the Weekend Warriors

6 St, 5 Cn, 6 Dx, 3 Be, 5 In, 5 Wp, 3 Pe, 3 Ch

Harm, and Minor Heal, 1 in Melee, 1 in Throwing

I hacked this guy to have 1 in all stats, he's really cool, these are his level 30 stats :D :D :)

18. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

how can you have a clan in a game where no one plays the multiplayer?

19. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Sleek, just because you don't play multiplayer, it doesn't mean that nobody does. From time to time, you hear about people going multi in Arcanum (although, admittedly, it's a rather rare occurence).

1 in all stats though... wow! You got to fight some very weak creatures if you managed to survive all the way to lv30 :-o !

I lift my invisible top hat for you, sir :thumbup:

20. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Actually, the clan is reasonably active, I vividly remember being in a room with 6 other players. Of course, radiationpoisoning, the kid who actually runs the clan, I'm just the moderator and beater of the ignorant, is having some trouble running his MP, and that is hurting the games, but it still survives. And the guy is an MP player, I don't have enough balls to try and get him to Shrouded Hills and use him in single player. Of course there is the problem of people beating him on sight too... Ayway, with the help of diligent training, and suicide runs in MP, I can now get through the first level of Hellgate before he passs out and gets eaten. :D

Our Host!