Damn Mage.......

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Sketch, Jul 15, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sketch

Sketch New Member

How do I get into Tulla????, I discovered it during my random wanderings, but the wizard at the entrance says I'm not welcome there or something along those lines (I'm a Level 50 Full Techie).

Sooooo how can i get in??? I havent been able to find a back entrance either.....

2. Canis

Canis New Member

You get there in the course of the main plot, at a point you most likely have not yet reached.

Patience, Grasshopper.

3. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

also you have a little problem with being FULL techie also, those mages don't like you to begin with.

Parmanina

4. Bertromitron

Bertromitron New Member

hmmm Parmanian, actually even though i was a full techie dwarf those mages seemed pretty friendly for me. i think they care more if your good or evil then tech and magic. They kept welcoming me as a "noble soul" or something like that. Pretty nice guys.

5. Sketch

Sketch New Member

This Grasshopper waits for no man..........

Luckelly, I'm a +100 good guy, so even the Dark Elves (I'm Human) were not too bad to me, untill I released the Ogres that is......

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

speaking of alignments, i've got virgil at -65 evil because i've had him wearing a cursed helm that gradually wears down your alignment while giving you some pretty good boosts.

either way i have an evil virgile....
    how awesome is that?

answer... not very

7. the_game_addict

the_game_addict New Member

i had that problem of getting into tulla before but that was when i choose the the evil way

8. Cobrec

Cobrec New Member

Evil Virgil

That is pretty cool, where did you find this helm?

I would like to slap one on Mr. Virgil Goodie-Goodie-Two-Shoes..... I am sick of him complaining when I some times get into situations where I have to kill inocents.......... Is he still a Whiny bastard, or does it fix this problem???

9. masterofthelostcollege

masterofthelostcollege New Member

As I know it there are only 2 situations that may prevent you from entering Tulla:

I. If you 'forced' Tulla (eg. found its location on random wandering) you won't be allowed entrance by the Elf Guard, even if you were 100MA or 100 Alignment - you could, of course, force entrance by killing the guard but this turns all of Tulla's inhabitants against you. This is because, as is later explained, the city of magic takes no visitors whatsoever and ALL of its inhabitants were recruited at young ages and pure heart (explains their sometimes oversickening politeness) - even you'd only eventually be allowed entrance because Tulla's diviner later informs the Guard that you are expected.

II. If you are following the evil path (therefore having negative alignment) you are not allowed entrance, Tulla isn't essential whatsoever in proceeding through the plot for the evil path follower anyway.

10. Sketch

Sketch New Member

Heh speaking of evil items, I always se.ll them to the junk dealer on the wharf in Tarant, he still has all the evil things I've sold him over the course of the game, no-one want's to buy them LOL

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i bought the helm from a wisewoman i think

i gave pretty good bonuses, now i've got him using a shield that adds ac based on a modifier of the value of your evil alignment/3 +10 so it adds 42.5 (42 i guess) ac, how sweet is that?

as for whether or not i fixed him, persay, i've basically been good for the entire begining, my own alignment is +35 good, so yeah. but no he doesnt whine, ever...

12. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I've always kept the evil stuff for some reason (maybe need later in game) But if the junk dealer keeps it all then I can use him as a holding point instead!

Parmanian

Our Host!