Damn this thing looks SWEEET!

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons Discussion Forum' started by DarkUnderlord, May 19, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    It's a gelatinous cube!!! Egads!! Doesn't it look neat? The graphics on Greyhawk are just looking awesome. The storyline sounds great. God-damned! This sounds like it's just going to be such a damn good game. Turn-based, neat visuals. Lack of targetted shots and the lack of fancy death animations concerned me a bit. I really wanted to hack an Ogre's head off and watch it lop to the floor. But the turn-based for spells I think is going to work nicely.

Is anyone else here actually thinking this game sounds slightly too good to be true?

EDIT: Fixed screenshot.

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I told Tim that this looks like the D&D experience of the 21st century. It does look to good to be true. Remember that Troika considers the graphics as the icing, not the cake. So if this game is looking so great, what about the RPG aspects?

Do you know that everytime you cast a spell, it's trajectory is calculated in real time? You never have the same magic missle.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

*Drools*

Oh man, this game looks sweeeeeet.

DU, there will be some death animations, just not on the gore scale of Fallout.

4. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Finally, something to look forward to. I'm going through withdrawal since finishing FO/FO2 and this looks like it could help with the shakes. I didn't even give this game a second thought until I saw that screenshot, thanks DU.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

How could you not have been looking forward to this Darkwalker? How? It has everything needed to potentially become a really great game.

6. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

I'm not a traditional gamer. Hell, the first pc game I ever had was Arcanum. Before that, the last game I played seriously was Onimusha Warlords and Resident Evil II. I'm coming around though, keep in mind I used to play D&D with paper, pencils, and dice.

On a side note I'm being stationed in the state of Nevada next month, roughly 45 minutes outside of Reno, for my next duty tour. I can dress up like the chosen one and play out my FO fantasies if nothing else.

7. Dracona Elonire

Dracona Elonire New Member

DAMN!, could this be the game I like better than Neverwinter? No death animations? but trokia rox at those! all the fallouts ( i guess that isn't technically trokia but u know) and Arcanum! those were the best daeth animations ever :-o thats what made me get the first fallout I played the demo for about 2 secs attacked some chick with a minigun and got roasted, from then on in I was hooked. I am in disbelief :-x

8. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

I believe I read that the game was due for release in early June, did they mean next year? I sure hope not. :(

9. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I hope they've got time to finish it properly. No shitty under-developed ending like Fallout 2. No thank you.

10. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

After much searching and forum crawling, I've determined the latest anticipated release date is mid September. Damn, I had my hopes up for a summer release. :-x

11. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

It does look supercool. Which is more than I can say for poor Lionheart.

*God please let this be the one game which lives up to all the hype... please please....*

12. bottledbubbles

bottledbubbles New Member

According to Amazon "This item will be released on September 16, 2003."
    At least it's this year, and not next...

13. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

it looks like baldur's gate 2..

a LOT like baldur's gate 2...

14. Cobrec

Cobrec New Member

greyhawk

Being a big D&D fan, It is a shame that's it not in beta.... I guess I will have to but it when it comes out. Anybody know any good games in beta???

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Lionheart's in QA at the moment, so it's past the beta stage I guess. It also depends on the other types of games you're interested in.

16. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

From what angle are you looking at this game that resembles BG2 to you?

BG2----------------------------------ToEE
    - forgotten realms-----------------greyhawk
    - real time---------------------------turn based
    - total control of NPC’s------------nope
    - two endings-----------------------60 ends possibilities
    -2nd edition rules------------------3.5

The only similarity is they both set in fantasy world with elves.

17. Cobrec

Cobrec New Member

Beta test

Well I enjoy RPG games like Arcanum, because there is more to them than hack and slash. Diablo was a fun way to releive stress, but it gets old quickly. Warcraft III, Starcraft, CC Red Alert, and age of empires II were good strategy games, but I long for a game that can be both entertaining and stimulating as well. I would like to Beta, so that I can help makes games better. So if you have any suggestions of any good betas, please let me know

:)

Our Host!