I just want to know which ones are worth buying...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleek_Jeek, Jul 11, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Which is the best game?

1. Arcanum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fallout

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fallout 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Fallout Tactics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

yeah, this is less of a real post and more of a poll, just because i'm interested in what the results will look like...

oh and please, i really am looking for insults on this one, please, i'm new, i deserve it

2. backstabber

backstabber New Member

too tired to think of expletives my self, so credit goes to insult-generator.
    Code:
    You can't even figure out which gender you are, you moronic androgynous specimen. It's easy to tell why you are celibate, you cantankerous, foul-tempered, self-loathing nonentity; not even a dildo would want to fuck you. You're damn right about being vomit-inducing fugly. You have a face that would give Freddie Kruger nightmares. How much would you change to haunt a house? You should stop smoking pot and get out and vote every couple of years, you pseudo-liberal bum. People like you are the reason cults exist. If brains were gasoline, you wouldn't have enough to run a piss ant's go-kart around the inside of a donut. Did your mother leave you in the dryer too long when you were a kid, you little tap-dancing Leprechaun in a pink wig? Be careful you don't bump your head on the door handle on the way out. If you turned sideways and stuck out your tongue, people would think you're a zipper, you emaciated fuck. Get a job, you goddamn leach! You're as useful as a handbrake on a canoe, you clog-hopping simpleton. I love that suit you're wearing. You never throw anything away, do you? Try this maneuver: Take 50-60 paces backwards. Take several deep breaths. Sprint forward at full speed. Do a triple summersault through the air, and disappear up your own asshole. 
    Code:
    You are a grievously vile loafer and a nefarious, congenitally clueless unspeakably offensive blackguard.You are a shockingly execrable subhuman and a wearisome, flesh-creeping scourge of decency.You are an unconscionably fiendish libertine and a primitive, cold-hearted lamentable mistake by your parents.You are an abominably gluttonous peon and a nefarious, dull-witted mass of neuroses and complexes.
    enough??? i guess not

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

This is a stupid, pointless poll - no one in their right mind would rate FOT better than the other games, and besides, it's not even in the same genre. So yeah, let's just let this thing die gracefully, and try to forget the thread was ever created...

4. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

5. xento

xento New Member

6. gamenut

gamenut New Member

as for the poll... all of the above except FOT. :thumbdown:

7. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

hehehe................... the tactics was the only one I liked........hehehehee

Parmanian

8. xento

xento New Member

If you didnt like Arcanum, then why are you here?

9. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

theres a lot out there who are single type players and go that way. I have always liked the control of a party in a game, started way back with the baldurs gate stuff / icewind dale NOT that these were great games, they gave you some semblance of control.

With arcanum you have some more control and there is even a way to change all the automatic level ups for your characters, Now this way I get to choose how they are built.

I have bought fallout 1/2 but could never really get into the game. When tactics came out, it gave me that party feeling which I was used to and enjoy. So the old saying to each his own is a reality.

Like my brother in law plays ONLY them single person shut-em-ups, his response was he didn't want to have to think!

Parmanian

10. xento

xento New Member

FO 1/2 are awesome, but are naturally hard to get into if you played Arcanum first. Go back and play them again, with an open mind. I must say, I preferred the character building style of FO to Arcanum's.

11. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

I believe its for all the gunslingers out there........ Guns are fun! But I never wanted to be wyatt earp! and with fallout it started out that way and I guess I never gave the game a chance after that. Its been a few years since I have played though. I may have to run them again!

parmanian

12. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

So, what's this Fallout game everyone keeps mentioning, maybe i should check it out?.

13. xento

xento New Member

You're fucking kidding, right? :-o

Here in the USA, you can get a dual pack with both FO 1 and 2 in it for under $10. If you want it, you had better get your ass moving!

14. the_game_addict

the_game_addict New Member

15. gamenut

gamenut New Member

i think proper punctuation is better than both of them :)

16. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

He is kidding. We have had so many disscusions about this before that he must have noticed it somehow. He got you however. :p

17. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

actually i'm only half kidding, yes, i'm aware of them and they seem to be regarded as some of the best games around except for tactics which is universely hated, but i've never played any of the game's or even seen any screen shot's..... maybe it's time i rectified that?.

18. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Ohh i do recomend you look into it. Not tactics but the other fallout games.
    In my oppinion they are better than arcanum. A much better or different atmosphere.

19. xento

xento New Member

Ditto to the max!

nobodie, I don't know where in Australia you can get Fallout, but I would try asking Jar, maybe.

If you have Wal Marts there, that is where it is commonly found here in the USA. Also in K-Mart, Target, etc. Large general stores. It's in a dual-jewel case, and has a cardboard container about the size of the disk containers.

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well, there aren't any Wal-Marts, but there are K-Marts and Targets. Unfortunately, both of these fantastic¹ stores don't tend to stock old games, being that they don't sell.

However, if you're interested nobodie, I do know where you can get them. PM (or even better email) me if you want them.

¹May not be as fantastic as adverstised.

Our Host!