!UNDEAD!

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by King_Natstar, Jun 3, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Victor Eremita

Victor Eremita New Member

I don't think an undead character would be able to survive in Arcanum.

He has been raised (and is kept alive) magickally which means an industrial city like Tarant would be certain doom for him - unless his MA is near 100...

Also an undead character is fundamentally so different from other 'races' that it would be nearly impossible to write a main story line that allows such a character (along with all the other races).

2. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

1.A Undead race would not need magic to stay alive. magic was only was to make him/her undead there is no upkeep.

2.The same quests would be available to a undead character but the undead character would do some of them differently.

3. Victor Eremita

Victor Eremita New Member

Actually I think the undead spells in Arcanum requires upkeep... but that really doesn't matter because an undead character, a human skeleton for instance, is still a magickal creature and is therefore affected by technology...

4. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

I dont think its a very good idea, for all of the reasont that other people have posted. (im so original)

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Then why post?

You seem to have this idea that you HAVE to post to everything you read. If you've got nothing to add to the discussion then DON'T SAY ANYTHING. Especially if it involves gravedigging a thread to make inane comments!

6. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

7. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I have absolutely nothing against you personally. It's the fact that you are CONSTANTLY GRAVEDIGGING you stupid twat! You're gravedigging threads that have been dead for nearly a year, and then you post stupid and inane comments that add nothing to the discussion and are utterly pointless.

I should point out that I'm normally extremely tollerant, but your ignorant, stupid and HIGHLY ANNOYING behaviour, which you refuse to stop, is just pissing the hell out of me for some reason.

8. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Forgive me for telling you what you should do but since i have seen you whine about people gravedigging posts in these forums mayby you should

a) Petition to be made a moderator.

b) Lock some threads .

c) Change some people title to Village idiot mayby ?

Because while moderation sucksit sucks less than reading complaints all the time .

Chris.

Peace and Harmony bro !

:D :D

9. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

Thank you chris, you are a nice and understanding person, who understandes that i cant find where the post dates are.

10. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The dates are at the top of the posts. Just like they always have been on every single PHP board I've ever seen and pretty well most other decent forums out there.

Surely the fact that the date is just above the first sentence should allow it to catch even your tiny attention.

And Chris, I apologise that you got dragged into this too. I don't normally complain, and pride myself on my tolerance and fair attitude, but for some reason the sheer bull-headedness of that twat has just got to to me and that alone pisses me off.

I would apply for mod status here - especially for the RP forum, but they've already got enough staff on this site. I've drawn it to their attention though.

11. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

12. Ferret

Ferret New Member

If that is true, which I very much doubt, since it would likely affect everybody, then you need to talk to Calis about that. It's a major flaw if it's true.

Most likely though it's complete tripe. You're not looking at your registration fate, below your avatar, are you?

13. Lord Deker

Lord Deker New Member

Hm...... I think the most important reason of not having Undead race is that Undead limit story writing. There are so much thing Undead can not do. They can't face Holy things, can't eat, drink, sleep, they are common enemy of most intellent being and will be KOS.
    So that if you allow it to be a playable race, we mod making guys will have a hugh limitation, as when someone play Undead in out mod, the mod will be terriblely unreasonable!
    So STOP SUPPORTING THE SILLY IDEA OF UNDEAD RACE :thumbdown: . It just ruin the game. If you want to play undead, you must make it a reasonable guy.
    The only possiblity of Undead is Lich (Nercomaner that turn him/herself into Undead, for immortal life) . A lich retain the nercomaner's mind, and still looks "normal", can interact, the only thing it is different from normal human is that it has endless life as long as he or she has magic power, and skin may look darker. It would be a nice BACKGROUND, not a RACE, since it come out from Human, or elf, half-elf..... whatever.[/list][/code][/quote]

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

ohhhh man this, from begining to end, is the absolute funniest thing i have ever read. i love it, from the stupid ass ideas to the grave digging to the fucking stupidest thing i have ever heard...

ohhhhh man. thank you backstabber

and i'm really surprised no one thought that playing a vampire character might make more sense AND compliment the storyline and time period???? jeez, i mean, dracula took place during this time period, you could still have been on the ifs zephyr because you'd be living among normal living persons, and you wouldnt have to worry about being dominated by everyone on sight! although you may still have the whlole magic verses technology thing going on in terms of being a magickal being, but whatever, i'm sure you wouldnt be that affected by a little background machinery. plus vampires could lead the polymorph and dark necromantic magick colleges in new directions (i.e. turning into a bat, sucking blood, etc. go play the original legacy of Kain. it ruled for a game that came out before diablo)

oh and come on ferret the time difference between posts was only three days, i personally think the margin of open/closed on a forum topic should be at least a week

Our Host!