Lionfart

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bryant1380, Jun 18, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Which one do you want the mostest bad?

1. Lionfart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Greyhawk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gothic II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Fallout:BoS Yeah, that's it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lesbian Spank Inferno: The Return of the Carpet-Munchers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Hey, I haven't heard you guys say anything about this game in a while. I've been googling all day, and checking it out. It looks and sounds pretty good. Don't know yet if it's dick-hardeningly good, but it's sounding at least flaccid-penis-stirringly good.

1. It's in Real Time, so I gather, which woulda caused me to bitch and bitch, had I not played Planescape. I actually, to tell the truth, am getting a little sore with Fallout 2, waiting for all the damn rats and shit to move.

2. I hope that historical events are triggered/influenced by your actions. I haven't found too much about that.

3. Graphics good. HUD is a little large, if you ask me. You didn't ask? Fuck you, I'm telling anyway. It takes up like half the screen, although I think there's gonna be a hot-keyed button to minimize it.

Is anybody looking at this game? This is the first game I've looked at in a while, other than Fatman's Gothic II, which I'm also aroused, er, excited about.

2. xento

xento New Member

Ain't worth my time if it isn't dick-hardeningly good.

On a more serious note, it seems to be well thought out, but it would be hard to jump to conclusions before the game is released.

1. If you set the Turn-based combat to fastest, under the options panel, they will move quite quickly, unless you got a whole room full of the little craps.

2. They probably won't say anything until it is released, either that or they don't consider it an important feature.

3. Fuck you faster. Graphics does help, especially if they aren't crap like the ones from Blader's Gate. Arcanum was fine and was rated "average", so I wonder what "good" in this case will be like. the HUD isn't too big of a problem, as long as I don't have to scroll for hours to see what's in the distance.

3. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. I shoulda done more researching before I posted this.

I just found this:

[​IMG]

Xento, now that is dick-hardeningly good. Well, you are still at that stage where you have a little boys pee-pee that doesn't really get hard, just longer. But anyway

So..... whadda you guys looking forward to more? Lionfart? Or Greyhawk?

4. Gambit

Gambit New Member

Last one defently...

But for a real, Grayhawk. I don't know much about the Gothic 2 nor the Lionheart, but from those three I'd pick greyhawk. Because it is the one what might run on my computer.

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Haha. About the only good thing about having a job is that I can afford to by any game I want, whenever I want it. I'm getting both Lionhart and Greyhawk when they come out. :)

I just gotta beat the jelly cubes! :lol:

6. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

Lionheart and Greyhawk are on my “must have� list. Both of them have high replaybility value and you can be evil. :razz:

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I've been interested in Lionheart for quite a while now, but I will be waiting upon reviews before rushing out to buy it. Greyhawk I think I'll be getting the day it comes out.

Retard, that pic was posted by DU in the Greyhawk forum (we have one of those you know) a while back. Get with the times man :)!

8. xento

xento New Member

Bah! I've got enough of a dick hardeningness to beat it, so beat it!

As for the pic, it looks awesome! Quite a work of art, although the follower's portraits seem a little low-rez for the rest of it.

I am looking forward to Lionheart more, because I don't care for the Dungeons and Dragons rules engine, but that may change if they do Greyhawk right.

9. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

You forgot to add the Vamp game in there.

10. xento

xento New Member

But that's a first-person style game, isn't it?

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

So is Gothic 2. Yes, Bloodlines is a first person game, but it's also not coming out till sometime in 2004 (could be a year from now) so it's exclusion is understandable.

12. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

Greyhawk of course. I am not certain if I will get Lionheart yet because the screenshots don't look that promising (indeed, I'm hoping that it won't turn out like Arcanum - superb story, lame pixels). And the headers over at the official website are irritating. Yup, I'm a superficial person.

Gothic II also sounds good, but I'll wait for more Fatman feedback.

13. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Hmm... Some questions for the teeming masses.

1. According to the screenshots, and the interviews about Greyhawk, it looks like it's going to be a hack-and-slash. Is this true?

2. What is the deal with the "party system"? It sounds as if you select a party to play with almost, but I think Tim Cain said you start with one character, and get NPC's to join you. What is the deal with all the party stuff I've read, like party alignment, etc etc.

3. Does plaid make my hips look fat?

14. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

No . it will have about 50-60 % of Arcanum dialogue .

15. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

1. It’s not dungeon crawl if that’s what you worry about. Some quest you can resolve peacefully, but this is D&D so I would expect lots of fighting.

2. This question was beaten to death on the other forums, so here it is: On the beginning you decide what alignment you want to play and then you create up to 5 characters (no matter how many characters you create, at any given time only 3 NPC can be in your party). So you have 9 possible alignments and 9 possible starting points. Your characters can be one spot horizontally or vertically away from your chosen party alignment, although paladins cannot be placed with evil characters.

Lawful Good Lawful Neutral Lawful Evil
    Neutral Good True Neutral Neutral Evil
    Chaotic Good Chaotic Neutral Chaotic Evil

I hope this will do

3. Yes your as is way out of proportion.
    :p

16. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I'm confused.... I thought stripes made my hips look fat.

Well, what's the point in creating more than three characters then? Where do the other cha. you create go? Can you swap out characters? What do you do, hold them in your pocket, and whip out whichever ones you want, at any given time?

So, characters don't "join" you in the game, right? What I mean is, the only playing characters available to you are ones that you create, right? No recruiting from NPCs?

Whens the due date? The Uberfaq said June. Did they mean this June? Or 2004?

17. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Ok, I'm a little more cleared up. Here are my questions in a more sensible form.

1. How many PCs can be in your party?
    2. How many NPCs can you recruit, assuming you have the maximum amount of PCs already in your party?
    3. And this totals up to......? (enter number of PCs and NPCs here)
    4. Xento, does your mother know that you are gay?

18. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

Sorry for confusion, THERE ARE joinable NPC’s (almost three dozens of them) and you can swap them if you want, sometimes they can walk out on you or slit your throat in your sleep. Still nobody is sure to what extend you can control them, but for certain you won’t be able to see their stats or have any impute how leveling goes, but I think you can see their inventory (NOT equipped staff thou). The first (1-5 characters) you can create a’la IWD. Only 3 NPC can be with your party at any given time, regardless haw many you created (max party 8 guys = 5+3)

September is mention as release date.

19. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Greyhawk will NOT be a hack and slash. I've read somewhere something like this:
    Why did he say that? Because of the gaming world. Almost everything you do and how you treat npcs has an effect on the world you play in. There are so many ways a player can go through the game that it's scary. You thought Arcanum's quest triggers and the world presented there was cool? Greyhawk takes it to a new level.

20. xento

xento New Member

Nope. I hide it very well. :)

Our Host!