What new Magik and tech schools do you wanna see ?

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by The Chosen One, Aug 28, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

Ray, thats a great idea. What if there was a hidden group of lycanthropes, people who became shape shifters after some weird magickal accident, (or a were wolf and other shap shifters who bit alot of people) and then they were universally shunned. So they all got together and made a city or town or something. There could be a whole string of missions about them, like you have to get things for them, try and find a cure, things like that.

2. Sketch

Sketch New Member

Well as for the Car idea I reckon they should just take one of those Red hard top wagons we always see in the wild west movies and stick a steam engine on it, it would definatly look the part then.

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

uhhhh... DONT GRAVEDIG MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!
    wow. am i like an official forum member now?

4. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

If you hadn't noticed, this forum is virtually inactive all together. Therefore, even though it is a little annoying for people to gravedig here, it's perfectly permissable, if they're adding something useful/interesting instead of just spamming. On the other hand, spamming is never appreciated, not in this forum, not in any other. And no, yelling at people randomly doesn't earn you any brownie points.

5. Derfud

Derfud New Member

Personally, I think they should have a Mirrors/Glass technology discipline. You could make thinks like reflective shields (reflect magick), or light bending robes (partial invisibility). Maybe a Steamworks discipline too, where it was completely focused on steam powered devices things. Like a steam powered shell launcher (think rocket launcher for dealing with larger beasts.) Or steam powered boots to significantly increase your running speed.

6. Stuart

Stuart New Member

I like the idea of a Steamworks discipline, though I haven't thought of anything it would practically accomplice in the game.

I would like to see a Steamwork-motorcycle or -trike. Mainly brass and wood, with a stove-pipe exhaust, gears showing. Ah yes, a luggage compartment.
    It would speed up overland movement and we would finally have a use for the pieces of coal that we find all over the place.

-Stuart

7. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

I have 2 Ideas...

1. Underworld Magick
    Its similar to dark necromatic but only it summons the powers of HELL :x (1.Demon Charm. 2.Influence Dark Mind. 3.Summon lower demon. 4. Summon Higher demon 5.Apocolypse like in Diablo 1)

2.You can play as dark elves (or half), Full orcs, Beodokan(or half), and Some of the races from the elder scrolls series.

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Grand idea Sleek :), though you would rather have to call them Prestige Skills rather than Prestige Classes, otherwise WotC would fall all over themselves sewing Troika to oblivion.

It's to some extent done already in the original game, at least on the technological front (the found schematics). Would be nice if it was the case for skills and spells as well. Characters would have the ability to get much more specialized that way.

Does that site make you wet or something?

10. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

Ohh!! How about Thief Class?? Like: Hide in the shadows Which makes your character invisible at night.
    With Climbing skills to make it over wall depending on your skill. the higher you skill the better you can climb. It can also work for mountains too! And: The Thieves Highway. Where your character has the ability to walk on rooftops and break in using the large chimny or a sky window. Also the disguise ability! Oh yea that would be cool. Where your able to disguise yourself to get in rooms you can't normally reach or sneak past guards with ease. depending on your skill lv.

11. arronax21

arronax21 New Member

Or if you are good enough at haggle or persuasion you could unlock a class called scamming use youre imagination :lol:

Our Host!