Concerning MA...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Victor Eremita, Jun 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Victor Eremita

Victor Eremita New Member

How is MA calculated? I'm playing an elf fighter mage with the 'day mage' background.
    Does the game 'add' any MA points over 100 before the night penalty (20 points) is subtracted?
    Or will my MA at night max at 80?

2. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

Since the meter only registers 100 like the alignment meter your stuck at 80% at night. good time to rest 12 hours eh?

Parmanian

3. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Hou many spells do you have? If you have 16, your normal mage would have 80% MA, but a day mage would flip betwen 60 & 100.

4. The_Malus_Monkey

The_Malus_Monkey New Member

What would happen if you raised your MA to 100 durring the night time?
    For example; Gaining a level but waiting until night time to gain the spells, thus raising your MA to 100 durring the night with the negation. Would you then have 120 dirring the day? or would itbugger up and turn to 80 next time it was night becase 100 is the max?

100+2=100 (When it turns to day, if 100 is the absolute max)
    100-20=80 (When it turns back to night with 100 as the maz)

5. Victor Eremita

Right now I have 30/70 MA... I guess I'll have to experiment a little but at night I'll probably max out at 80 (as I feared :-( )

Doesn't matter much though, I'll just advance time... IMO 'day mage' is still one of the best backgrounds for a fighter mage...

6. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

There are underlying counters for some things that go higher than the 100 listed. The Evil - O - Meeter for one. You can probably push ypur MA to 100% at night.

I always thought night mage was better. Fight at night, shop during the day & still be able to visit tech shops & armorers.

7. Victor Eremita

Hmm... maybe, but most random encounters at night are weak enemies - like wolves - while the more powerful enemies only attack during the day. I think? And if you, like me, rely on SoP that can actually mean a difference, mostly in the the early game though.

Our Host!