No level limit anymore

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Phobos, Dec 24, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. terrasnake

terrasnake New Member

Their first idea was best. Just raise the amount of points you need to level up after fixing some other stuff. Ala fallout 2. With no level cap you'll end up with super characters that just kill the game. Half ogres that can design nuclear weapons, beaten with the ugly stick men that can win more beauty contests than supermodels. If you're getting cained that badly, just hack the game. It's great that they came up with a game with replay value, instead of the rpg, played it, never have to look at it again may as well sell it second hand, that unfortunately plagues the genre. Unless I see a game has replay value I seriously wonder wheather I should buy it or just hire it for a week and forget it the next.:cyclops:

2. Kilo24

Kilo24 New Member

No level cap doesn't mean that you level up after each kill. It means that your progress isn't suddenly stopped by an invisible barrier. You'll still have to earn your experience. The problem is when cheap mass leveling and no level cap are combined. I prefer not having a cap because it gives you something to look forward to instead of simply putting the ceiling where you can't stand up. My opinion is that if you have insanely powerful characters running around then either 1. their players are extremely adept in the optimization of experience and skill points (ie powergamers) or 2. the designers messed up on the game balance.

3. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

i like the idea of getting an extra 5 points when you get to level 50 like you did when you were level 1.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember, if you can only get to 50 the NPCs can only get to 50 also.

5. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Arrrr.

There should be an expansion with a higher level cap for people who have beaten the original. That way you could have epic characters. *drool*

I'm going to call my old D&D buddies. It's going down....

6. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

100 level cap would be ok but they would have add what the npc's spend there points to from level 50 to 100.
    And there another problem if you had heaps of npc's most following you most would have the same spells or technology schemes as each other. :razz:

OR
    there should be a patch that allows you to spend your followers skill points when they level up. :D

Our Host!