The best online weapons store ever.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkwalker, May 30, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

2. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

...WHAT?
    I can understand trying to push an Arcanum website or something like that, but a weapons store?
    Have you ever read usenet? Do you notice all the icky, irrelevant spam?

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Uhhh... Xan, they make models.

Nice site though. I'd never actually PAY for any of the stuff, but they've got some nice gear.

[​IMG]

Oohh.. I can just imagine meself in some sexy Roman Legion Armour right now. I'd pick up so many hot chicks if I cruised around in that niece piece of work.

4. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Re: ....

Fuck you, new bitch. :wavey:

5. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Ah.

Ah. It's not my board. I'm not complaining.

6. TairNean

TairNean New Member

Dark Underlord:
    You'd be amazed at the response shiny armour gets in the right circles...Wear Roman armour (skirty-thing and all) at an SCA event, and you may need a stick to fend off the advances....Well....not a stick..in the SCA a stick is a chick magnet...Fighters being referred to as 'stick-jocks' and alla that...

Kilts are bigger chick magnets, however..

Now, about the site:

Not bad. They have a decent selection, and that company tends to put out quality, functional weapons. Museum Replicas is another. They do quality stuff, but a lot of it is decorative. For REALLY nice functional blades(albeit pricy) Look for a company called Angel Swords, they make beautiful handmade blades that come razor-sharp off the shelf. They had a huge two-handed 'barbarian' sword that was over 6 feet in length, and had the balance of a good knife. I swung that thing around a little and was amazed at the balance of the blade. It was heavy, but you'd never know it! Again, razor-sharp, and fully 100% functional. I saw a demonstration by the company. Two fellas faced off with the same sword; the barbarian one, and the swords held up against each other with no bending, and only a little chipping of the blade. Of course, it was also a $2000 sword...so it damn well BETTER hold up..

Angel focuses mainly on the Renaissance Faire circuit, but I believe they have a catalog.

Unfortunately, the best weapon-maker I know died a few years ago, and as far as I know had nobody to take over for him. Had I known that, I'd have apprenticed to him ages ago. But if you can dig up anything on "Shadowmaker Blades, or Weapons" you won't be sorry.

7. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

Okay, some of their things are just plain bizzaré... WTF is an AXE with a built-in PISTOL going to do ? :-(

I can't imagine it was very popular, as it is very ugly and useless with ony ONE bullet. (As was most weapons in the days of lore)

8. Canis

Canis New Member

Ah, but there's nothing like a stud in Roman Legion armor. Give me a man with a sturdy Gladius any day... :swoon: Those kilted pansies don't stand a chance.

Yes, I'm a Roman Legion groupie, what of it.

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

To go slightly off topic;

Varis, a willy old Roman,
    Used a dried hedgehog skin for a condom.
    His mistress would shout,
    When he pulled the thing out,
    "De gustubis non est disputandum."

10. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

It's not like he's trying to spam the site with bullshit, he's just telling people who may be interested in the link to check it out.

On a lighter note.

[​IMG]

FUCKIN FEAR THE MANDARIN DUCK, BITCH!

That being said, some of those swords are rad as hell, the Japanese ones mainly.

http://www.casiberia.com/cas_website/pr ... p?id=904/G

That is pimp too.

11. TairNean

TairNean New Member

Well it could prevent one from being run through whilst reloading. Then, of course if the axe gets stuck in some tough part of the body...say a ribcage, or perhaps a shoulder blade you could try to use the powder to get it unstuck. Messy, but effective.

I can't quite tell where the barrel of the weapon is..is it on the axe-head end? It's hard to tell, and there doesn't appear to be a bigger picture..

12. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Which site is this axe that yall are talkin about.

13. TairNean

TairNean New Member

14. Dracona Elonire

Dracona Elonire New Member

Yeah, that was a pretty cool site. I'd never actually buy that stuff but those fantsy swords were preety sweet.That site really had every thing, hell if you were so inclined you could dress like your arcanum character; sitting at your computer in European full plate with a musket across your lap and a two handed sword firmly straped to your back, struggling like hell to click the left mouse button while wearing stiff metal backed gauntlets. You sure would be cool then! :roll: :lol:

wow these are the best emoticons I have ever seen
    :booze: :akimbo: :minigun: :asshole: :stoner:

lmao those are so great, sorry couldn't help myself

15. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

Damn, this is a fantastic site! :-o

I hope get the job down Games Workshop, because I KNOW where my money's going... (I just hope they sell a replica Martini-Henry rifle.)

Regards,
    Morden

16. xento

xento New Member

Wouldn't it be easier to use a bayonette?

Don't these look farmiliar?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And all this time, I thought that first one was a shotgun! :/

17. TairNean

TairNean New Member

Same concept...but generally bayonets from that period were little more than spikes; purely thrusting weapons, as one might expect. Not only that, they would also be a seperate piece, that one would have to attach to the weapon...a complete operation in itself. There's also more chance of losing the bayonet whilst traipsing through terrain.
    Bayonets are also rather impractical on a pistol, easily turned aside. Bayonets are more often an offensive; or charging weapon than a defensive one. Hand-axes are notoriously effective melee weapons; their shape lends itself well to trapping and turning aside swords and pole-type weapons. The weight allows for a more forceful blow with less expense of energy. If balanced properly, a hand-axe can be thrown with devastating effect. Even a novice has a good chance of damaging *something* with a thrown axe...

My semi-educated guess is that this weapon was a woodsman's tool. What better for the woodsman, but a pistol that can chop firewood or build a cabin!

18. xento

xento New Member

Not a bad idea, but wouldn't much use of the axe cause the barrel to be eventually dented or bent at all, due to how to barrel is, of course, hollow, and, therefore, isn't as strong as a normal axe handle.

In my mind, it would seem awkward.

19. TairNean

TairNean New Member

I would imagine it has a limited lifespan, yes; but German steel and craftsmanship/weaponsmithing has always been top quality...especially during that weapon's period. Plus it's steel--heavy, thick steel at that, not aluminum. Steel in a round or cylindrical shape is rather sturdy. The wooden stock would also add much support.

Besides, if it did bend, given the accuracy, (or lack thereof) of early firearms, how much difference would it really make? On top of that, even if the firearm part was rendered useless, well..one has that nice trusty axe to fall back on. And again, the poor reliability of firearms of the period almost requires a contingency plan.

Awkward, perhaps; but no more so than any other weapon of the time.

20. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

Our Host!