Something fun for an evil character.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Xan Emrys, May 24, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Go ahead and get that statue for the cult of G. in Stillwater. If you celebrate with them, you can kill all the high level unconscious people in the room, getting experience and losing alignment points. Then you can go outside and kill the priestess. Also, do you ever like to kill Madam Lil's girls instead of sleeping with them? Or, better yet, use dominate will on them and refelction sheild, and you've got a pretty powerful follower that's not afraid to walk around in a nightie.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Ok, did that remind anyone else of Jack the Ripper?

3. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

No, Jack Studied anatomy, Xan Emrys studies Meta.

4. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Me study meta?

I'll admit, I do like to use bugs in the game, but not for actual play. I like finding holes in the system. It's a... hobby of mine. :D

5. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

lol true, but he also talked about killing them instead of sleeping with them. THEN he brought up using Dominate Will and all.

6. backstabber

backstabber New Member

BAH!!!!! you sleep around with mdm lil's gals and THEN kill them

7. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Huh?

I wouldn't do that any more than I'd sleep with the sheep! First off, you lose a lot of fatigue (unless you're a stud like me (or studette, in my case)), and, second, it's just not healthy. You don't know where they've been.
    Besides, there's no excitement in sex. You can get a hooker anywhere. You can even get it for free in Arcanum if you know how. It's no big deal. But murder? Taking someone's soul when all they offered was their body? That's real excitement.

Of course, I always play a good character. I do tremendous good deeds to pump up my alignment, then have a good homocide every once in a while to bring it back down. The trouble is, sometimes, when your alignment is high enough, you can kill people without it going down. Personally, I don't see a difference between killing good people and killing bad people. Murder is murder, and who am I to judge a soul?

Sometimes I wonder if we should be held morally responsible for our actions in lifelike computer games. But when you're just following the rules of the system, how can you have sinned? Surely a good programmer would not have made a game which requires evil acts.

TANGENT ALERT!

8. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Yah do things in games you would never do in real life. I mean, I'm not gonna go out and lockpick my way into Wal-Mart and steal all their money :lol:

9. Xan Emrys

Xan Emrys New Member

Hahaha

Why not? Ever wonder why they have "rollbacks"? Because, every time somebody steals something, they raise the prices of everything!

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Re: Hahaha

That's not quite it. The bean counters figure a certan loss rate for "uncontroled inventory shrinkage". If, by some miracle, nothing was missing one month do you think they would reduce prices? Or, as long as they can't stop it, losses are passed on. If they could stop it, prices would stay the same & profits would increase.* BTW, Wall-Mart dosen't have sales, they have rollbacks instead.

And if they are "always rolling back prices", when do they hit zero?

*Shoplifters use simmilar logic as a rationalization.

11. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I think they just rolled back price once about ten years ago and kept advertising it :lol:

12. verminator_666

verminator_666 New Member

my theory is that its a weekly process.

day 1 - rollback.
    days 2-6 - keep prices same
    day 7 jack up the prices
    day 1 - rollback to normal

:thinkof:

Our Host!