Queth Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigs, May 5, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Rhombus

Rhombus New Member

Try banning the... what's it called in english... IP-mask?... anyways... for dynamic IPs, when they come from the service-provider, always have the 6 first digits the same.. should have atleast.. if you can do that...

Jumping IPs isn't all that uncommon... most modem connections or ADSLs have it, atleast here in Sweden..

@Jarinor; Oh that... Heh! I can recall hearing that a couple of times.. but not so much lately though... :)

2. Canis

Canis New Member

Couldn't you just ban his username instead of the IP? With your luck he could be using AOL or something like that which changes every fricken time you log on.

Granted, he'll still be able to view the board as a guest, but you won't have the bother of him posting.

3. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

Hey, I still think you're all the same person. I believe everyone on the internet's the same person.

4. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

After a long discussion some time back we concluded with the fact that everyone is Milo, so no matter what you say you are Milo.

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Quethim got banned and yet Xento's still here? What the fuck's up with that? :)

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Skenvoy, I love it when people take a look at a post, and pick out every single thing that speaks in their favor, take it out of context and then go "look! I was right!". Something Bortiss was a master at.

Here is what you missed:

And this:

He later insulted snowmane as well.

No, it's not that simple, Q is changing IPs that are have different first digits. Maybe different dial up providers, school, a friends house ect.

7. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

How long has Skinvoy been here? He sure presumes a lot, to be so brand-frickin new and all.

Anyway, sorry for the gripe. My hemmorhoids are acting up again.

8. Rhombus

Rhombus New Member

Ok, thought I'd be a little helpfull and at the same time try to show off my enormous computer skills... guess neither worked.. damn..

Oh, and Sken is a she.. just so you know.

9. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

10. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

11. HOE

HOE New Member

Skenvoy, we're not here to pass judgement, its honestly not our place. And you can prove anything with selective quoting. Seems to me this is a big history thing more than anything, and not one we have any right to interfere with: it isnt our turf. coming in all guns blazing can only make the rest of us "aozos crew" look a little bad.

12. Wangus

Wangus New Member

Let's see...

First and foremost always: Sken, welcome to TA...good to see you, even though you're coming on a bit strong...um, i meant in your posting...right... :p

Second: I honestly don't think Queth is trying to use different IPs. So, unlike Eros, he's not gonna be coming back just to say "ha, look at me, I'm better than you."

Third: If you just banned the name (as was mentioned by Canis), Queth could still make a new name if he was that kinda guy. Now, I honestly don't think he is that kinda guy, but I'm just point out facts because I'm happy I see them.

13. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I couldn't ban by username, fortunetly the problem has been resolved.

14. Wangus

Wangus New Member

May we ask how?

AoZoS Invasion Count: 4

15. Skenvoy

Skenvoy New Member

I was merely making the point that you insulted him first, and thus you got what you deserved in whatever he said thereafter.

And no, I am not saying 'I was right', I'm saying you were wrong.

16. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I'll be honest, if I was in that position, I wouldn't have banned Quethim. But, his history here has been a spammy one. I can understand how that, combined with his whining, would lead to banning.

But, Quethim is pretty retarded. I'm not real good on retarded people. Besides, here's the whole history of the event in question:

#1 Quethim not only states the bleeding obvious for an umpteenth time, but also isn't quite sure what exactly he's got to offer, then says it's not worth offering.

#2 Jinxed is saying why Queth would never, ever, be a moderator around here. It just ain't gonna happen. He's also showing that he's pretty angry at everyone declaring the death of T-A too.

#3 Then Quethim screws himself. He not only says "Hey I can be a mod" then says "I don't have what it takes" he then says the same things again and blames Jinxed for the death of the forum.

As I said, I wouldn't have banned him, I would've given him a special avatar and changed his signature. Depending on his reaction to that, I would've started editing his messages, depending on what he started to post. :) If he kept posting whiney posts, then I'd ban him.

Now come on guys, if I went to Aozos, had a history of being rather spammy (or doing something you'd consider bad on your forums) and said I can't really help out and it's dying anyway, THEN Rhombus got ticked off at me, THEN I said that the place can burn in hell for all I care AND blamed Rhombus for the death of the forum... Come on.

17. Rhombus

Rhombus New Member

Don't know what I'd do... The closest thing we've had to a serious spam-attack is Bob.. we tried a little reverse-phsycology.. made him mod for a one month trial period.. didn't really work.. but he calmed down for a while.. actually posted some really nice and serious things and added to several discussions.. then he freaked out again, so we gave him 2 warnings (5 is max, after that it's banning).. and he calmed down, and a while later he left..

Mind you.. this guy was 12 years old.. and some of his more spammy posts was made by his brother who logged onto his account..

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

And WE'RE making the point that while you may know Quethim at Aozos, you don't know him here, and he's been here far longer than he's been at Aozos.

So please, stop trying to tell us what happens in our forum with all this talk of right and wrong, and shut the fuck up about it. Quethim has pulled a lot of shit here, and dammit, I'm going to support Jinxed on this one.

19. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I can vouch for the Aozos lot. They're all real and seperate people - except me. I'm apparently a figment of Rhombus' imagination, but I've learned to accept that. :) Quigs isn't Q either. Quigs is a loyal and decent chap and he just came over here to see for himself what the reason was for his friend's banishment was. I haven't been to Aozos yet today but there's probably a whinge thread waiting there which prompted everyone to come here to back him up. It's never nice to be banned I guess. :/

And Sken, please don't alienate my friends here. I still use this board you know. And Jar, don't take her too seriously either. She's a nice lass but a bit stubborn sometimes. She just thinks you insulted Q with no grounds, because she doesn't know what Q was like here and it seemed unfair on him. If you argue with her she'll only argue back. :p

It's surprising really. Q is completely different at Aozos. I guess he finally managed to make a clean break there since only a few people there knew him here (me being one of them) and I'm guessing he felt he didn't have to live with his past there. He's not the most active of users (a surprise in itself) but when he posts it's no different from any other normal user. A little spam but most of it is just friendly chat and he gets on well with most of the other users. :)

Anyway, it's nice to see some other familiar faces here, and you have to admit, it's livened the board up a bit. Perhaps we ought to ban Q every month. :lol: (no offense Q if anyone reads this on your behalf).

If you want to discuss anything with the Aozos members about this then HOE will be your best bet. He's the 'voice of reason' on Aozos and makes a damn fine admin/moderator. He's open to most views (the sensible ones at least) and won't argue with you pointlessly. :)

Oh yeah, and don't mention religeon around Rhombie. He won't take a breath for two days. :roll:

I've gotta go now. Play nice. Err... hello? Hellooo??

Damn. Gotta stop rambling....

*tiptoes out quietly before anyone wakes up*

20. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

DU's highlighted quote puts it pretty plainly, if he said this place can go to hell, then why would he care about his account here?

Blaming Jinxed for the forum decline would be like blaming your boss at Mcdonalds for your not selling any "Garden Salads" recently. It doesn't carry any truth, and throwing it in your superior's face isn't exactly a good idea if you like your job.

Our Host!