Queth Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigs, May 5, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quigs

Quigs New Member

Heya =) im just an innocent bystander, sorta =P
    was wondering if the board in general could give me a run down of why he got banned, and the events leading up to it. from what i read in the chamber thingy, it seemed like one particular mod stepped down to a cursing level and flamed at queth. when queth flamed back, he got banned. if thats the case and how the board is run, fine, not my buisness. but would just like to know =)

thanks for your time

2. Wangus

Wangus New Member

Quigs Quigs Quigs!

Welcome to Terra Arcanum aka The House of Lords.

If you haven't already please direct yourself to the "Vault of Folly", besides Queth's removal you might also find some humorous reading there as well.

Let me give you a quick tour. On the right you have the molten hot pit of lava and somewhere inside is our pet fish "steamy". On the left you will see the seats of all the greatest who have ever and still grace this forum with their presence. Please ignore the brutally beaten chair with a chainsaw sticking out of it and the letters W - A - N ....... inscribed.

Oh, and everyone, this is the start of my attempt to post more here. Sorry for the unexcused abscence. I promise to go to 5th period detention for this.

3. Milo

Milo New Member

Welcome back, Wangus! I'm going to be posting more, too.

And welcome back, "Quigs". It's too bad you got banned, Queth (probably will again). I'll catch you around on IRC. If you get banned from #TA-Regulars, go hang out in #chuj. See you around, man.

4. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

be honest, Queth'.

Did you actually think you were going to fool me? C'mon, I can understand why you'd believe you could trick these other gibberlings, but not Ol' Octi' no-sir-ee

5. HOE

HOE New Member

Hate to piss on anyone's parade here, but I think you'll find that Quigs and Quethim are quite seperate, even with that tasty "QU" link. I'm a mod at another forum, (Aozos) I've seen these guys have CONVERSATIONS and stuff.
    By the way, hi. Haven't been a newbie for a while, should be interesting...

6. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

Oh, oh, OH and I suppose it's just a "coincidence" that you just happened to turn up out of the void?

No way, I may've bought a Mega-CD but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot (actually, seeing how much they go for on E-bay, probably quite the opposite).

Would you mind offering me a link to this forum you moderate?

7. HOE

HOE New Member

gladly.
    www.aozos.com
    I'm known as HOE the Village Idiot there (don't ask), deputy admin and global moderator.
    Remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

This is the first I've heard of Quethim being banned, although I don't know why Quigs mosey'd on over here to discuss it.

9. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Fair enough.

I don't have anything against quethim personally. It just so happened that it was HE who wrote for the ** time that the board is slow. So I got angry, further more he posted he could help out as a mod, which makes no sense since I already wrote that the mod positions are taken. So I put him down knowing Q's childish spamming T-A history.
    He wrote back with serious flames... Claiming that I'm responsible for the forums decline.

Q has supplied me with ample work in the past. There was a time when I had to delete around a hundred posts of his one by one. Sometimes whole spam threads, that whole thing lead to him getting a spam can. Which in turn lead to him spamming even more in the future whining about the avatar he got. He should've been banned right there.

Instead, I chose not to. I fought with people on IRC not to ban Q which happened to him many times for flooding and spamming. I took away his spam can, didn't ban him, gave him a chance and this is how he thanked me? Please...

That said, Q has been nothing but a source of negative vibes on the forum for some time now, he doesn't post anything relavent. It seems as if he has problems else where but is bringing them along here. That's not my problem.

10. HOE

HOE New Member

We're a pretty close-knit lot over on Aozos. Quethim came in, posted up a bit of a complaint, and Quigs came over to have a word on his behalf, see what was really going on. I also followed the link, to see how it went.

11. Rhombus

Rhombus New Member

This seems to be some kind of field trip.. :)

Don't know really why I care. I guess as Hoe says, we're pretty close-knit, and frankly I find it hard to believe that we're talking about the same Quethim... oh well, I don't know his history here, so I shouldn't get involved. I just hope he doesn't go that way over at my place.

12. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

It seems that all the powerful folk from Aozos are making a trip to this forum. Welcome to the forum all of you. :wavey:
    Many of you already know me, but may not realize it. On Aozos my name is Luinil, here it's Demosthenes.

13. Wangus

Wangus New Member

Wow, you have no idea how powerful I feel see both you, Rhomie, and HOE here... it's weird... must not fall into darkside.

Gyah!

Alright, you guys are gonna have to start slapping me around more in aozos to keep me straight :D

But, back to the subject at hand. Yes Oct: Quigs, HOE, and Rhombus are all different people. If they were all the same...well, I'd be scared outta my pants. Hell, I'm still scared outta my pants. As for Queth, he really did take a lot of cheap shots when we first came here, it was pretty hard. I thought, and I guess he thought as well that those were the dues that he had to pay to be a "regular" here.

I mean, I know you Jinxed, not as well as I might like, but I know you a bit. I know that TA is important to you as it is to most of us. So regardless of how much Queth used to spam, I thought he was more or less like a cog here. I haven't been around much, but the only ones I remember we used to ban and ban fast were guys like Eros Rex. I dunno, like I said, I'm still looking around for some insight. I really thought that both of you guys kinda exploded a bit and maybe if someone was there to calm you guys down it coulda ender with a nicer note.

And on a lighter note...

Milo: Hey hey! Thanks for the welcome, good to know you'll be here too. Hope I see you around mIRC soon. Can't wait to hear your perverted... um, I mean "insightful" comments soon. :p

14. HOE

HOE New Member

Field trip... neat idea...

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well, what Jinxed said about Quethim is true. He did spam a lot, and for quite a while all we heard from him was complaints about how life sucked, how no one here liked him, how he could write proper English if he wanted to, how he didn't spam any more, how no one here liked him, how he didn't spam any more and how life sucked.

He was also known to complain about how he didn't spam any more and that people didn't like him.

16. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I see, I'm no longer banned. Another chance granted to me?

Hmmm....who knows. =/

Anyway, I'm off to clear things up. I've only used one acount on this forum, and I don't recall ever having another IP address, unless...ah, the one from before I reformated my computer.

But now, mabye all of you need to know why I've been all like this on this forum. Well, you all know I hate my life (I think I've said that many times before). But also, I've been flamed all the time I've been coming to this forum, starting with Ioo, more and more people then started flaming me after I started joining the RPG forum and stuff like that, and it seems people didn't like my personality.

I then went off to #Arcanum, and was banned from there many times because I was "annoying." I didn't do anything to insult anyone or anything, I was just plain out annoying. (It seems the whole world is out to get me).

And speaking of mIRC, I won't be on there Milo, I got rid of it after I reformated my computer. Sorry, can't hang and chat. Perhaps if you had MSN, Yahoo or AIM....

And, sorry for the mishap....I just want to be a normal regular in this forum, but none treat me like that, because of my past in here......

17. Quigs

Quigs New Member

sorry for the mix up. my name is quigs, shortened form of my last name Quigley, which most know me by. queth is.. dunno, not quigley. but we both use letters so we must be the same! wheee! :eek:

anyway,

J-man, thanks for your candor. and sorry if the aozos influx disturbed your setup in here, just made an inquiry regarding one of my friends.

18. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

No, that's just another one of your dynamic IP's. Dammit, How much more do I have to ban? :/

19. Wangus

Wangus New Member

Ooo Queth has jumping IPs?

Interesting...how is this so? Tell us Queth!

20. Skenvoy

Skenvoy New Member

Training? Not to sound like a bitch or anything but I think you're getting the hang of it.

Jinxed said (before Quethim said anything about him):
    Quethim replied with:
    Jinxed told him:
    It's a bit much.

And now, ladies and gents, I will be banned for stating the facts. Goodnight.

Our Host!