Persephone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Persephone, May 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Who is your favorite God (Greek or Roman Mythology)?

1. Zeus/Jupiter cause Firebolts are cool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Duh... Mars... God of War and cool shiny metal stuff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Athena/Minerva because chicks in chainmail are REALLY cool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dionysus/Bacchus - Party On, Dude

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Hades/Pluto because A) he rules the underworld and B) he's married to Persephone!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

The pomigranite story is a personal favorite, but mom is named Diane, so my sympathies lie with Artimus / Diana. Another strong woman.

And Vesta, but that is another story.

2. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

From too much Age of Mythology I've come to hate Greeks.

I like the norse god of War. Tyr.

3. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Good see you in valhalla then

No i live in an backwater uneducated small dunghole when it comes to comics. There is several hours of travel for me if i should reach an only decent comics shop. I will try to get my hands on it, since I like the way gaiman (may he live forever) described the gods in sandman.
    Anyone else here who loves the sandman comics?

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I used to have the first 20 or so Sandman comics. I liked him beter when he had his gas mask, but the Sandman costume I made for sci-fi cons is the late Sandman.

Are subscriptions too expensive in Norway?

What is the population in your small town? We could trade small town jokes if you like, but should probably start another thread for that.

5. Persephone

Persephone New Member

We also live in a small town. I'm pretty sure less than 1000 people. The closest comic book shop is 40 miles away. My husband orders comics online from Westfield Comics, has been for two years and has liked it, so you may want to check it out.

American Gods is a book though, not a comic (yes, I love Sandman though :)
    So you can probably pick it up from BN.com... In fact... I've give you a direct link :)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookse ... ds2Pid=946

There ya go. Or you can search for American Gods. I really think you'll like it if you're into any kind of Mythology. And of course if you like Gaiman. Antoher relatively recent book by him is called Neverwhere, and it's pretense is that there's a fantasy realm under the streets of London (I think it's London...) It is also a good read if you can get your hands on it :)

6. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I like Aphrodite. She's hot, and she makes me go, "Uh-unnhhh-uhhnnhhh-uhhhh-uhnnnnhhhh..."

7. Wangus

Wangus New Member

Persephone, wife of Dis, you already know my feelings towards Ancient mythology.

As for the gods/goddesses, of the major Olympians I go with Minerva for the girls, Hermes for the guys. For all lesser gods/goddesses I favor Iris. And if you include all those who live on Olypmus: Castor and Pollux.

Our Host!