Okay, we all know everyone in the forum is going to hell.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EvilEyesBan, May 3, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Level 6. Apperantly i will be locked into a cage with several hot naked people, and there will be no christians bothering me there. Sounds nice to me.

2. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

Phfft, This test is flawed. It doesn't take into account who I am and the fact I have a "Get into heaven Free" card.

3. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Where can I get one of those, I already sold my soul for a "Get out of Hell free" card.

4. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I think that this test is a little biased. I was sent to level six and I try to be a good person. Apparently the test didn't like that I don't believe in god and an after life. The questions aren't the most fair, in my opinion. Who here hasn't ever stolen something? Who here hasn't ever been really annoying at yourself, so much so that you say "I HATE YOU, SELF!" I hope it's just a joke test. If the people who made it are being serious, I'm surprised that it's not on Jack Chick's website.

5. Thalion

Thalion New Member

Seems if I do go to hell, I'll only be on the first level... and I was completely honest while taking the test.

Ha! You will all die horrible deaths, while I laugh at your misfortune!

Wait... laughing at other peoples' misery is wrong! Okay... maybe I wasn't so honest.

6. Persephone

Persephone New Member

I think I should clear up a misconception about Dante's levels of hell. Technically yes, the higher the level the "deeper" in hell you are. HOWEVER... they do not necessarily get worse the higher the number. Each level of hell is tailored to your particular sins. Avarice is not necessarily more sinful than Lust, it is just different (though sometimes related ;)) Since I'm not terribly greedy, the type of punishment on level 4 would actually be LESS difficult for me than the punishment on level 2 (where I landed for being gluttonous and lustful)

I also forgot to mention, in my level of hell, other people who inhabit it are Cleopatra and Helen of Troy. At least I have good company ;)

Yay Food and Sex!

7. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Fifth Level of Hell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx.

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Dante's hell is a very structured place. This sin gets you here, that sin lands you there. Blasphmey is worse than Glutonny, Greed worse than Lust. (I always liked Lust, did you see the orignal "Bedazzled" with Raquell Welsh as lust? Put a few stills from that on Judge a Girl & see if anyone complains about skinny.) It is not as much about evil as it is about belief. That if it is fun it must be wrong attitude gets in there a bunch too.

Treason gets you to the deepst level. And Satan is chained in the middle as the greatest tratior of all. Dante's patron wes a secular ruler. Perhaps there is more than just theology at play here.

The first level is reserved for virtious pagans. Those who led a proper life by their own lights, but never were baptised. In Jerry Falwell's belief, I suppose the catholics land there. (That personial savior stuff.)

One of the great things about Judisam. Our heaven is not exclusive. Those virtious pagans can get in, as long as they are monothiests. You too. (I'm not real sure about this three in one stuff, sounds like a candy bar to me. And as a student of history, I see the emergence of a new trinity, Jesus, Santa Claus, & the Easter Bunny. While I am fairly certian that that ain't monothesim, it is not my call.)

Basic concept is, we know the rules, we can't screw up. You don't know the rules, you got your own & you have to follow them. This does not make you bad. You can make you bad, & if you don't you get a reward. So a mothestic canibal can get in. Or Mother Teressa, who can't get into Jerry Falwell's heaven.

Final thought:

"Now in heaven I do dwell, I do dwell.
    Now in heaven I do dwell,
    And it ain't so bloddy swell,
    'Cause the whores are down in hell,
    Goddamn their eyes, damn their eyes.
    'Cause the whores are down in hell,
    Goddamn their eyes."

Sam Hall, traditional.

9. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

Your fate has been decided....
    You are one of the lucky ones! Because of your virtue and beliefs, you have escaped eternal punishment. You are sent to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!
    First Level of Hell - Limbo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.

WTF ???, I do NOT belive in God, and I'm NOT babtized or sodomized !!!, But still I escape eternal punishment ?...

Sounds good... Maybe i can bring a laptop and Arcanum ? :D

10. HOE

HOE New Member

Well, I'm in level 8. With the pimps. niiice.

11. xento

xento New Member

No, I was completely honest. But my good things out-weighed my sins.

12. Skenvoy

Skenvoy New Member

Level 8 "Some wallow in human excrement"

Sounds like my IT teacher.

13. Canis

Canis New Member

So, what's the difference (in the Inferno, I mean) between virtuous pagans who get the first level, and heathens who get the sixth? I was never baptized, nor do I believe in any deity, and the quiz thingy dumped me in the sixth with the heathens. Presumably because I think food's a good thing, because I may have once stolen a box of paperclips or downloaded an mp3, and because I occasionally drive my father's Corvette. AS IF Socrates or Aristotle wouldn't have wanted to drive it if given the chance.

Not that I think that quiz is the final authority on Inferno or theology. Just wondering.

Our Host!