How many games played?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Campos, Apr 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Campos

Campos New Member

I have been looking over the forums and it seems many of you have played this game more then once. Is the replayability that fun? Yea know where to go, yea know who to kill. Curious who ahs played the game more then 5 times and why.

2. VerZreV

VerZreV New Member

Once as a good char, and once as a evil char...

Then one of each races on both good and bad.

:p

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Done it about half a dozen time, variety of magick and tech, good and evil and races and sex. There's really quite a lot of things to do in the game, and it's definitely worth several plays through.

4. gamenut

gamenut New Member

i've played it more times tan i care to think.... all that time of my life wasted...

5. Drugar

Drugar New Member

I played as a Mage, Techie, thief and fighter, all of those good and evil.

6. Thalion

Thalion New Member

Not sure if I could list every character I've made... :S

But, my most recent is a gun-toting bandit who is extremely and utterly evil.

Bwahahahaha!

7. Octillicus

Octillicus New Member

The latest character I've made is Takara, an Elf with a trollish upbringing and a penchant for killing every living thing in Arcanum, currently she's wiped out every major town and is just having a few ickle problems with Stringy Pete.

8. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

Replaying the game as a human female to see the difference. I'm always hesitant to do evil stuff, despite my previous character was your average honourable hero. I think I'm just too nice a person to be evil, even if is is just a PC game. ;)

Regards,
    Morden

9. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I'm one who gets bored of a game after I beat it, heh. So, I've only beat the game once, but I've created like 500 characters. My character that I beat it with was a magic dude, with summoning and teleporting and stuff...it was a pretty cool game...but I get bored of games too fast, I also beat games too fast.

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Started more than I can count. Finished with a few. 12 - 18 games active, more laying fallow. :sigh:

11. backstabber

backstabber New Member

1st time= dwarf tech gunmaker, abandoned at SH
    2nd time= human tech-melee, finished the game at lvl 40
    3rd= elf black necro and force mage, black necro mastery(i use harm more than disintegrate), finished at lvl 50
    4th=human melee/dodge master, finished at 50, aptitude kept at 0
    5th=elf thief(pickpocket, backstab) but abandoned early because i couldnt pick doors and chests
    6th=elf mage white and black necro. (chose white because i could get that virgil out of my sight), still playing, but since i bought simcity4, it remained there, at caladon

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Oh, but being evil is FUN! Leading the rebellion in Tarant, slaughtering Stillwater, watching the change in Virgil, it's all so GOOD. The Bangellian Scourge is also a kickass weapon. Killing the King of Caladon is also pretty cool, and having to fight your way out of the palace and city can be challenging.

13. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

Bloody hell, Virgil changes as you get evil? This I have to see! :eek:

I think the main reason why I hesitate to be evil is that I really like Magnus, he's proably my favorite NPC in the game next to Gar. (And he won't join you if you're a bit of a "dick-dastardly".) ;)

Tell you what, next time I'm playing the game, I vow to go on the dark side. An evil Dwarf sounds good...

Regards,
    Morden

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Some good NPC's when you're evil are Torian Kel, Z'an Alurin and one or two others. They're pretty good though, and I rather like them.

15. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Well, I'm certainly sorry to say that I've never beaten Arcanum, and I left the game at the point to where I just entered that Mage-Town, what's it called? I think it starts with a T.... Anyway, I lost interest, and haven't touched it in over a year. Maybe it's time I played it again?

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

So, retard, have you ever beaten a game in your entire life? It seems to me that you just give up at pretty much everything you've tried your hand at - Fallout, Fallout 2, Arcanum, Civ 3 (I think) and probably some others you've mentioned.

Official Non-Completer of Games should be taken under consideration for your title man :).

17. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Good evil followers; Jeffory, but for his commentary, not his magic. Torian Kel, kicks but & is a properly servile minion. Zan, reminds me of some of my hippie friends. Tollo Underhill, a halfling psycopath. If you are not a thief, very handy to have along. Others like Thorvald & Sebastian are neutral or close & will be happy to follow you.

18. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Arcanum was the first PC game I ever bought for my shiny new laptop last spring. I thought I had hit the jackpot, I was convinced that all PC games kicked ass. Sadly, as most of you know, that is not the case.

I played Arcanum religiously for the first few weeks, mostly dwarven tech characters who encorporated the ultimate blessing for maxium character development. Then, like most of my girlfriends, I lost interest and decided to get rid of it. It ended up with my brother when I came home last fall. I'm visiting the family now and my brother downloaded Chris's mod, needless to say I'm hooked again. This makes my fourth time through. Yes, I'm a junkie.

I purchased Fallout I and II on DarkCow's advice, but just can't seem to get into them, same goes for IceWind Dale II and Warcraft III. All good games but they just lack the appeal Arcanum had for me. Maybe when my suddenly busy life gets on the backburner again I try those games once more.

Anyway, it's quit a shock to see how busy this place has become compared to the month's of nothingness retard, Snowmane, Xento, and I endured. Initially, It put me in a kind of stunned silence, but I'm back now. Welcome aboard to all the new folks, and belated congratulations to my lady Mane o' Snow on your new, not to mention surprising, promotion. About the avatar though, a battle ax is the last thing I picture when seeing "pretty girl moderator". Perhaps a princess or a My Little Pony horsie would be more appropriate? Just teasing, congrats again.

19. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Hmm, I didn't play too many games so far. I prefer dwarf techies with a HUGE team of followers most of the time. So far I played a dwarf archer, dwarf gunslinger (a few abandoned games because of corrupted save files), an evil elf spellcaster (with zero combat skills, just harm and fireflash, and 5-6 Arcane staves in my inventory), now playing an elf battlemage (melee+dodge+Temporal). Planning to play at least three more times- as an educator (dwarf or halfling) with a team of gunslinger followers, as a half ogre blacksmith (melee+smithy) and as a halfling thief, since everyone thinks its so much fun.

20. Morden279

Morden279 New Member

Vollinger's alright as well as an evil character. It's easy to nick Sammy White's hand-cannon, so you'll soon have a pretty good gunslinging NPC right there.

I'd be good to train up Virgil and the others to use firearms somehow, a squad of NPC's with Clarington rifles (blatant Winchester 73s) would be awesome!

Regards,
    Morden

Our Host!