Save Game Editor does not work!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Evil Drow, Sep 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Evil Drow

Evil Drow New Member

I wanted to mess around with the save game editor (I have the lastest one from this site) but after I install it it does nothing. I try to open a saved game but no matter what file I try it does not work. No error messages just nothing. What files does it open? I tried all the save game files but they don't work. Any help would be great.

2. SirCarcass

SirCarcass New Member

Editor

Hmmm.... I didn't have much trouble with it. If you're having trouble getting it to run with it crashing with an error message, be sure to read the readme file about installion. After that, just click File>Open, then go to Arcanum/modules/Arcanum/Save/ and pick one of the .tfai savegame files there. Click the up and down arrows to change vales, and save before exiting. Hope this helps you.

3. Evil Drow

Evil Drow New Member

I did followed your commands and when I click on the .tfai file to open it the editor does nothing but go back to the editor with out opening the file. I also noticed that when looking for the .tfai file in the open screen the the files of type box is blank and has nothing in it. Any thoughts on that? Is that suppose to be a certain way to install the editor? Thanks.

4. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hi.

I belive that it should be the tfaf files for the savegame editor.
    Also that you have to enter the name of your char. the same way it is written in the game.

Thats all I can offer to help.

/PeeCee

5. Evil Drow

Evil Drow New Member

Nope

I did that and still nothing. The editor won't even let me type in my characters name. If I do a search all it says is that it searched to the end. I can adjust the fate points but doing that causes a run-time error and locks up the editor. I guess it is no editor for me.

6. SirCarcass

SirCarcass New Member

Editor

I had the same problem with the fate points, too. That's strange.... I would suggest maybe re-downloading it. I copied all of the .DLL files to the Windows/System directory, though you may not have to do that. Be sure you register the one that the readme tells you to. Find the .tfaf file of your save (mine has TFAF for file types in the Open box) and open it. It should then ask you for you to type the name of your character, and then open it. If you still can't get it to work, I don't know what else to tell you.... It worked for me for both the demo and full version.

7. Evil Drow

Evil Drow New Member

This is odd

Ok I tried somthing diffrent and and ran the following for each file in the editor
    Regsvr32 C:windowssystemriched32.dll
    Mscomct2.ocx
    Msstdfmt.dll
    Richtx32ocx
    They all gave me a positive responce except for the Riched32.dll. The message said that it was loaded but the DLLregserver was not found. That it can't be exported or that there may be a corrupt version in memory and that I should use Pview to detect or remove it.
    Whats Pview and how do I use it?!

8. Rollbar

Rollbar New Member

Did you use a pre-generated character by any chance?

I know of two instances where the editor would not work with a character taken from the pre-generated list. It did work with characters created by the player. We may not, however, be talking about the same editor utility. The one I refer to is the editor by DKoepp913@aol.com, version 1.2.

9. Evil Drow

Evil Drow New Member

Well I am using the one from this site (1.6) and it is with a character I made. My riched32.dll file is corrupted and I think that is what is causing the problems but I am unsure how to fix it.

10. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba New Member

Replacing corrupt windows files...

If you are running Windows 98, you can open System Information under

Start - Programs - Accessories - System Tools

Then go to the tools menu and run System File Checker. When that's open, use the extract option to extract a new copy of that file. Hope this helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beelzebubba on 2001-09-08 18:27 ]</font>

11. briedis

briedis New Member

is there a working mirror of char editor?

12. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

13. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

14. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

15. briedis

briedis New Member

I, as a dark elf, have a fetish of grave-digging and necromancy. So, is there a working mirror?

16. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

A 9 year 25 day old gravedig, is this some record? Also, congratulations, you are a faggot.

17. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Actually, some of our downloads are down. Well, the Virgil cheat dialogue is down. That's the only one I checked. We don't have Arcanumedit here, though.
    And try to limit gravedigs. Even though your post was on topic, dead threads of this age should be left alone.

Our Host!