Problem with Morpheus 2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bryant1380, Apr 19, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Draconix

Draconix New Member

well you can unistall the firewall but why dont you look for firewall port settings for morpheus 2.0. if that dont help, uninstall the firewall and leave the virus scanner and do weekly updates. good luck :grin:

2. Draconix

Draconix New Member

Kazaa 2.0 - Morpheus
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select Tools -> Options from the Menu Bar.

Click on the Traffic tab.

Remove the check from the box Disable sharing of files with other Kazaa users.

Remove the check from the box Disable scanning of shared files for viruses.

Click on the Advanced tab.

Place a check in the box Do not function as a SuperNode
    Click on the Firewall tab.

Remove the check from the box Use port 80 as alternative for incoming connections..

Change the Use port ______ for incoming connections to port 1214

Hope this was some help for ya.....

3. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Grrrrrr... Now I downloaded mIRC, and it won't connect. What's going on?

Draconix, I couldn't quite find what you posted about on Morpheus. There is an Options and a Traffic tab, but nothing further like you described.

Somebody please help before I fucking stick a mallet through my comp screen.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

There's something on the main page about how to connect mIRC properly to the right channel and server and things like that and suddenly I've so very very tired..........

5. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Hmm, I've not used Morpheus in some time. I use Kazaa, but that's just me. I've had problems with connecting to Kazaa before...

And with mIRC, you could have typed in some wrong stuff, like the Server or something. mIRC gets very confusing when you first use that.

Every program gets pretty confusing when you first use them....

6. Draconix

Draconix New Member

retard: what server you trying to connect to?? if its dulnet...erm Dalnet...they have way too many problems to even try connecting to...try a server like efnet...how long have you had a firewall?

7. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

That's what I'm saying, I didn't even know I had a firewall. I still don't know it. I do have Norton anti-virus software installed, which was included in the operating system. I've not put any kind of firewall in at all.

I can't even figure out how to connect to a server, guys. All I get is the mIRC window pop open, and then, if I click connect, a text appears:

* / Connection interrupted/halted/stopped/some fucking thing

So all there is is a blank white screen in the mIRC window. I downloaded mIRC because Java chat sucks ass. Plus I couldn't even get the java chat to work on my comp. Never would load.

8. Draconix

Draconix New Member

wanna message me on yahoo or msn or aim? I could help you alot better that way.

9. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Kazaa actually costs money!! Gasp! May I have to actually pay for something? Sucks....

But will downloading kazaa help? Apparently, if Morpheus won't connect, and mIRC won't connect to a server, what's to say that kazaa will? And would someone please help me. How else am I going to make money on pirated music?¹

¹Just a joke. Juuuuuust a joke.

10. Thalion

Thalion New Member

I wouldn't know. I've been using KaZaA more than any other peer to peer network. Ah, well... if all else fails, try downloading a different program.

Uhh... where are you getting your info, Retard (Not a diss...)? Last time I checked, KaZaA was completely free.

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I think maybe your ISP could be the problem here. Morpheus and mIRC not connecting means there's probably a problem somewhere else, most likely your ISP. Just my opinion.

Our Host!