Crazy and Original character ideas.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Chosen One, Apr 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

So I need everyone's help in deciding a very origonal and fun character to play. Go as insane as you like, for example, a dwarf mage lol. Try and it make a cool character to play as, as well though.

2. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

One of my favorites is the 1/2 Orc Debutant. :D ST 7, CN 10, DX 7, BE 9, IN WP & PE all 8, CH 9, - 1/2 bow & throw. Ran mine as a diplomat - gunslinger, but with that CN, she makes a good mage or battlemage.

Closely related is the 1/2 Orc Lady's Man. Or 1/2 Ogre Lady's Man.

Halfling, Raised by Orcs. Talk about surly. But a great shot. Or 1/2 Orc, Raised by Orcs. Even more surly.

1/2 Ogre, Mad Doctor. Serously pissed about the size & breakability of common labratory gear.

Gnome or Halfling, Barbarian. Hillarious, especaly when you are carring a realy big sword & the "Halflings are not usualy known as fearsome killers" line comes up. The only way to see small Dark Barbarian Clothes BTW. Oh you could roll a Dwarf Barbarian as well, but Dwarves are pretty barbaric already. Have you seen a Dwarf EAT?

Arsonist. Any race / sex. Arsonist is good enough already. So is Escaped Lunatic.

Then there is the 1/2 Ogre, Troll Ofspring. That dude is so seriously intimidating that the wolves at the crash site run from him. O. K. he is not wierd, running him as a battlemage is.

3. backstabber

backstabber New Member

4. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Well my ideas so far were Vorpal bunnies breeder (Summon 5 furry little Vorpal bunnies with a Stillwater blade and let them consume everything in your way), a grenadier (not using any weapons except grenades and corrosive acid, could be a challenge as you don't get experience for the damage done) or a McGyver type (no combat skills at all, killing enemies with traps and explosives, except grenades).

5. backstabber

backstabber New Member

6. Canis

Canis New Member

Neither is your attempt at bad spelling, but you don't see anyone pointing that out now do you. Oh, wait....

BTW, you can't play as a Dark Elf, and even if you could, throwing together a Dark Elf and technology isn't original either, it's simply the unification of presumed opposites.

For me, the "uniqueness" of my characters comes mainly from their individual personalities and stories as I roleplay, and their skills are incidental.

7. xento

xento New Member

I've tried a magick dwarf, but it just doesn't work. Even when you use the Clanless Dwarf background, you still have a penalty to magick use (to be specific, you need twice as much fatigue to cast a spell as usual). There should be a magickal dwarf background...

Anyway, how about an elf raised by orcs? Highly strange, not to mention unlikely.

8. Canis

Canis New Member

I don't think elves or half-elves can choose the Raised by Orcs background.

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Canis, right on, both posts.

O. K. here's one. Sheepherd or Shepherdess. Go for Elf, Sold your Soul for the MA Boost, or Elf, Only Child for the combo of MA & WP. Go for Morph & Mental. Get your hands on a Stillwater blade as soon as your MA is 100%. Summon a Vorpal Bunny. Cast Pollymorph & then Reflection Shield on it. Turn off the Succor Beast from the sword first, then the Pollymorph & then the Reflection Shield. Presto, a permanent Vorpal Sheep. Rinse, Lather, Repeat. How many sheep do you want? :D

10. backstabber

backstabber New Member

what i meant this choose "dark elf" as the BACKGROUND not the race thank u veri much

11. Canis

Canis New Member

Ooo, that's a good one! That character should pick up Dog, too. After all, what's a Shepherd without a herding and/or guard dog! (Yes, I'll find any excuse to keep a puppy around....)

I'm convinced that your English skills are much better than you let on. Your writing is just too inconsistent and stilted to be natural. "Dark Elf Follower" is the background I suppose you mean, but my argument against its originality stands. You're just going for obvious opposites. Like the fabled dwarf mage, the elf gunslinger, the good guy who wears black, the bad guy who wears white.... There's more to an interesting personality than a stereotypical contradiction. WHY does your Dark Elf Follower feel the need to pursue technology, and how does he reconcile the two parts of himself?

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Of course she did. BTW, you did notice that Dog is an Aussie Cattle Dog (AKA Queensland Blue Heeler), a fine herding beast.

You vastly overestamate the quality of education that the later Gen Xers & Millennialists have gotten. Also, those who learned to type while on chat mode have acquired a lot of shortcuts in their typed comuniction. His "u veri" is not unusual. He has learned to parse out every uneeded keystroke. And a few that were needed too. He probably speaks better than that. I hope.

13. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

I just hope he doesn't stare at the keyboard and type out one letter at a time with his index fingers.
    I doubt his real life talking is any less cohearent, maybe more mumbly.

14. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i know people who do that because they were never taught how to type. its not their fault that they never were taught, but they couldve learned on their own. stupid lazy bums who wait for everything to be given to them by their government. (sorry, thats the conservative in me speaking).

i realize that my own posts dont make grammatical sense, but capitalization seems to be a waste of time.

15. Susano

Susano New Member

You dont need to learn typin!G you can learn it and makes you type better but you dont need it. You get experience in it. I, for example,w rite with two fingers. Yes, I admit it. But I still write rather fast, faster as most of my friends, and no I dont need to look on my keyboard. And I find the "u" very annoying. Its has wins a time of about, uhm - 0 sec in comparsion to "you".

16. Canis

Canis New Member

I never learned the formal art of typing either. I just picked it up in college, when I seemed to spend the majority of my waking hours typing term papers and whatnot. If you do it long enough you'll eventually cultivate some sort of typing skill, even though it may be technically lacking.

I do, however, take issue with this sort of "internet shorthand" brand of typing that the younguns seem so fond of. I just think it's lazy, inconsiderate, and entirely counterproductive if you accept (as most humans do) that the point of language is to facilitate communication. If somebody can't take the extra few seconds to express a complete thought, I don't want to hear it at all. The confusion and anger caused in polite society (i.e. the House of Lords) by such rude and lazy posts (e.g. Backstabber's) is all too evident.

17. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i agree that spelling mistakes are down right annoying and frustrating, as are some of the shorthand stuff thats used. things like capitalization and apostrophes can be left out in most cases and its still easy to understand.

18. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

One of the things I like about Serria's Arcanum site is the spell checker. Now if only the posters would use it....

19. Delkatani

Delkatani New Member

I find posts on the topic of bad spelling are downright boring... maybe its just me but, you know, it seems irrelevant to the point of not mentioning it.

20. Canis

Canis New Member

So don't read the posts or comment on them. Knocking the thread back to the top isn't going to make it go away.

Our Host!