im feeling lousy today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by backstabber, Apr 22, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. backstabber

backstabber New Member

that damn english teacher ticked me off because i didn't bring homework

i need to vent my anger...
    glk;sahfvbkjdfghvbrsfvsdvghvkfljskhfstrfbkajvthjuvfrsjktlghrlkefgbrkgthskjafbskjbhf aeklshfyiodhid ['w[glAW
    {ik3
    p[];sfjdlksghsklfnskjgmj rgk t il igho pgjhoighoigdushgow vwgi

that should do it

2. Wangus

Wangus New Member

<wonders if this is gonna be allowed>

Oh well... I'll use it to bring up a thoughtful topic:

Let me ask a question: IF there were no more actual grading in schools and only pass/fail courses would you work as hard as you do/did in school? What I mean is that you still get a grade on your hw/quiz/test but the grade never comes out. The only grade that you get each semester/year is a P or an F. Would you work hard to get the best grades you can get or would you work only as hard as you need to get that P?

Just wondering...

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You know, backstabber, there are far better ways of venting rage other than totally meaningless and useless posts on a forum.

Wangus, I could go way into why people wouldn't, but the short of it is, for most people, no visible reward, no extra effort.

4. Thalion

Thalion New Member

Killing is the solution to everything.

By the way, I'd like to apologize to Snowmane for calling her sir. Being new, I know pretty much nothing about all of you.

I did send her a private message, but since that stuff is private, I thought I would say something here so I'm not marked down as an asshole by the rest of you.

(Please note: This post has only made its way here because the other thread was locked... I'm not trying to spam!)

5. Canis

Canis New Member

At the University of California, Santa Cruz, they have no grades. Just written evaluations of each student in each class by each professor or professor's assistant. And let me tell you, there is no bigger clump of wasted hippies anywhere else in the UC system.

Backstabber, stop being an idiot and do your homework. And before you bitch about it, bringing your homework to class and turning it in is part of the whole "do your homework" scene.

6. Quethim

Quethim New Member

How does a teacher tick you off? I mean, come on, what did they teacher do to you that you didn't bring your homework, did she tell you "Bring your homework tommarow!" with a raised voice and you started to cry or something?

Cause me, when I don't turn in my homework, the teacher doesn't really care, they're just like "Your grade, not mine" so hey, they don't care, I don't care.

And Wangus, some times that could be hard of a grading system, would there still be percentage and stuff like that, cause that's what some people go by. I try not to get Fs, and if I do get one on a progress report or something, I'll try my best to get it up to at least a D. So really, it wouldn't make too much of a difference.

7. Wangus

Wangus New Member

Well... we don't think...um...okay, I didn't think you were an asshole.

My *ahem* ma'am *ahem* comment was just to correct you... and my "shooting" comment was all in good fun :D

Jar: Have you really lost so much faith in humans? No more shining light at the end of the tunnel (regardless if the train is already heading towards you? :p )

Canis: I applied to two of the UC schools! Unfortunately, not Santa Cruz though...

Queth: are you saying you'd prefer a Pass/Fail system?

Oh and thanks for the replies everyone...

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Wangus, I have zero faith in humanity as a whole. We fuck up everything we do.

9. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Heh, I hate humans too, especially me...

Anyway, Wangus, I don't really care about the school systems, I'm not one who really can make decisions. I'm never really happy with anything either....

10. backstabber

backstabber New Member

she asked me to write a APOLOGY.
    1000 word essay on how to improve my........er........memory.
    i got nothing to write so i almost put there...
    upgrade to 512MB RAM.

11. Draconix

Draconix New Member

Backstabber: If its anyones fault about the teacher getting on to you, its your fault. You didnt bring the homework. I used to not bring my homework to class and my english teacher who was my football coach....broke me outta that real quick. So in other words do it instead of bitching about it. Would you rather write 100 words or 1000 words...thats time ya could have been doing your homework instead of writiing those words. :evil:

12. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Try underwater rugby next time you get ticked of eventually chopping wood, don't bother the board.

Also you could do your homework, myself i have not done homework since last summer, i have been just surfing the classes. And my grades are all going one way, upp. :D

13. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Heh, what grade are you in BackStabber?

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

He claims to be 10, with english as his third language, but we all know it's a load of shit.

Also, underwater rugby? A standard ball would just drag you to the surface! How the fuck are you supposed to pass, chip, and do clearing kicks?

15. backstabber

backstabber New Member

its NOT a load of shit.
    im just more mentally matured than others of my physical age, and a tad smarter.

16. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Yeah yeah yeah you are probably so much smarter than anyone your age :oops:

Hey jar we have a ball filled with salt water, sinks right down to the bottom. We are allowed to do allmost anything to get it to the enemy goal. It kicks ass and boosts your lunge capacity.

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, I dunno, I prefer the real version. Union is more fun to play than league as well, but it's so much tougher to play. Although, there is a fun variant which basically requires a small area (preferably with a soft floor) and it's basically 2v2 rugby on your knees. Games either drag on forever or are over very quickly. I used to be a small fella, and I teamed up with a really tall, strong guy, and he'd create a sort of tunnel for me to crawl through. Don't think we lost.

18. Draconix

Draconix New Member

since my post got vaulted for wanting to learn how to post a sig...well Jinx, can this be vaulted?

19. Thalion

Thalion New Member

I horribly doubt you're ten... then again, looks who's talking.

*Specifies his age*

. <-- Right... there.

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

That sure convinced me. More mentally mature than others of your physical age! I never would have guessed. Hell, I'd possibly believe you were 9, or maybe even 8, judging from what you wrote there.

Our Host!