Why I yearn for the old days of the forum...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarinor, Apr 21, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I yearn for the old days of the forum! Back when the "who needs a laugh" thread was just starting out, when Milo, Sheriff Fatman, Feldon Kane, Vlad the Imposter and others were regular regulars. Back when Jinxed wasn't such a tight arse ;), back when there was controversy, flame wars, fun, and much laughter. These things used to be common, and now they're rare and sporadic at best. We had the people you could always rely on for a laugh, the people you could rely on to be the scapegoat, and take it well (I'm looking at you Quethim). loo hadn't yet been banned, and was telling funny insults and trading insults with Q.

Why the fuck did all of that have to change? I'm sad...Thanks a fucking lot to the people who ran the servers, because it was your crashes the drove half of the people away. The other half have been quietly fading, waiting for something to feat upon, which hasn't been provided. Sadly, I cannot provide the food myself.

We need a damn scapegoat, and we need him/her now.

2. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

Because you didn't let a dead dogdie and instead put it on life support and everyonce in a while ou come back to give it mouth-to-mouth

I believe we should all collectively invade another forum

3. Wangus

Wangus New Member

Feldon? Feldon with the avatar of that magic the gathering card which represented his name? Oh damn, I remember Feldon well.

I couldn't ever really consider myself one of the regular regulars, but I was decently close. Those were fun times...and I always believe that every forum needs to have it's trolls every now and then so when can yell at them and tell them to f*** themselves. I honestly think Ioo, Bortiis, and even Eros made those days fun. (That, and the RP forums was at full swing and even though a post from Oyarsa was rare, it wasn't unheard of)

Then the server died, and I kept trying to get back on and couldn't. Then a three month vacation came and gone and I didn't bother to try again. But I came back to experience the funnies again. To hear the banter, the grips of Jarinor :D , the flames, the pictures of gigantic spam cans, etc.

I've lost my entire train of thought. (Looks at derailed train and hundred of synapse passengers lying dead on the ground). Well, damn.

Oh btw, is the IRC room still up/active?

[edit]And the Vault of Folly was being fed regularily. You guys are starving him to death![/edit]

4. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Even though I wasn't around then, I do remember when I first came. When Eros was Hel Khat, and most people flamed him, when Milo, SF, Ferret, Calis and others who've disappeared were still here. I tried to blend into the woodwork because I really didn't want to get flamed, and I didn't want the regulars to hate me, because I might have stuck around. Damn, those were the times. Nostalgia ain't what it used to be. Another thing- where the hell is Etalis?

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, that spammy bitch hasn't shown his face around here for quite a while, has he?

Ah, I remember the early days of Eros, when he posted of his gay barbarian tribe. That was probably the funniest (also being the first) thing he wrote. Then he blew up a couple of months later. It was also funny for me then, when he took a couple of shots at me (surprise surprise :D), when he went on about how he was especially upset at me, because judging by my first post to him, he thought I was his friend. Honestly, I don't know how he picked up that impression, but I'm glad he did because that insane motherfucker got what he deserved. He's now had, what, five incarnations here?

Eros Rex was the most acceptable, then he blew up, was banned, came back quickly as Tyr Raven, still blowing up, got banned, waited a few months, came back as Hel Khat, spammed, blew up then got banned for a third time, then came back as War God when the war in Iraq started, got banned as quickly as he joined, then joined AGAIN as Ares or something like that. And was promptly banned again.

He's a black, gay, warmongering ex-serviceman shitmonkey.

I miss Feldon, he was a funny bastard. Excellent role player as well. Now, most of the funny people have left, although I laughed quite a bit when I had the big posting thing with retard just a couple of days ago. I've also noticed that now whenever someone starts reminiscing about the old times, the same hilarious threads are referred to, because there are no more new hilarious threads. loo seriously needs to make a comeback. I think I was one of the few people who liked him. If you think I flame, you should have seen what he did to people who just showed up and said "Hi".

6. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I miss Dragoon. He should come back. And Rosie and Windmills. I'm the only woman here now. Well, there was that Serena here, but I didn't really like her.

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Wait, that was because she was supposedly free with her sexual favours, wasn't it? And you're not legally allowed to yet...hmm, seeing a reason here :). Windmills claimed to spend the majority of her time naked, but she was married, so that's just cool and not slutty. Rosie, was, well, Rosie.

8. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

In a two more years I'll be legal... errr... what I meant was... she was just a little strange. Plus she seems to think that the US is the center of the universe. Yep. She got into a mini flame war with SF, if I recall. Windy was cool, and Rosie was, Rosie, like you said.

9. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I see Feldon and Milo on IRC a lot, chat to them and stuff. IRC is a good place...yes, that it is.

I know one thing you probaly don't miss, my terrible grammar and spelling and bad Role Playing skills. :)

10. Wangus

Wangus New Member

Dammit, I need an answer! <pulls out a gun>

Is the IRC channel still up?

<is calm...honestly>

11. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Cheer up, Jarinor. I was in a depressed mood over the state of the forum recently. In fact, I turned Jinxed down when he asked me if I wanted a custom av, since he, in his all-knowing wisdom, deemed me worthy. Jinxed replied that he's seen the forum in several down periods, so all was not lost. I've pretty much accepted things the way they are, now, even though I do feel a stab in my heart whenever I think of the fun times I've had with Sheriff Fatman, Milo, Ferret, Vlad..... (Feldon too, though I was a snot-faced n00b when he left, so I missed him for the most part)

But, I want my own custom av now, mostly inspired by the fact that mrnobodie got his. He's planning on sticking around, it seems like. Looks like you are too. So, you two guys being about the oldest active members still here, I figure what the hell, I'll ride this thing out too. I've had some laughs lately with you two, and hope for more. Maybe we'll be graced by the occasional prescence of the greats, Milo, Sheriff, Ferret, and the like.

Keep up the good fight. Except for Calis and Jinxed, I figure you, mrnobodie, and me pretty much fucking own this forum now, so all you n00b's, on your knees, and "pay your respects".

God, I'm turning into an evil bastard. I need the Sheriff back to keep me straight.

12. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Just out of curiosity, where do I fall? I haven't been around that long, but I'm definately not a n00b.

13. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

On your knees, hopefully.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I really am turning into a sick fucko. Snow, you're considered a regular now in my book. There's no hard and fast rule, but I say once you have 300 or so posts, and most of those are basically spam free, you're a reg. Someone like Native Bug or whatever the hell he's called will never be. He needs to learn to speak fucking English first. We like having you around Snowmane. You rock. So do your pictures.

Sometimes, when I'm all alone, I look at Snowmane's girlie pics, and pretend that they are her, and that she wants me really bad.

14. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I feel like I'm in the same category. That category being the undefined are between n00b and oldie.

15. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I'm a regular. Me, me! I'm old to this forum, one of the oldest that's still around actually. Only a couple of you are older then I am.... :p

And Wangus, you talking about #Arcanum in the Gamesnet server? Cause that channel is still around on IRC, I got to it daily. :)

16. Wangus

Wangus New Member

Dammit you guys are on gamesnet?

Were you guys every aniverse? or am i thinking about some other chat?

[edit]either way, I'll see you there soon! :p[/edit]

17. Milo

Milo New Member

Yup, GamesNet server, channel #arcanum for the main channel, I guess you'd call it. Channel #TA-Regulars is specifically for regulars from this forum. Channel #chuj is for the hardcore. If you've been to aniverse, then you probably know the guy who started #chuj, _Kayuga_ (aka Sakai_Noriko, right retard? hehe snap snap, nudge nudge, wink wink, grin grin, know what I mean, say no more!).

You can usually find me on #TA-Regulars and #chuj. I haven't been in the main channel in a while now. My schedule's changed recently so I might be around the forums more and IRC less. Dunno yet; I'll see.

You're more regular than Metamucil, babe.

18. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Yeah, I really hope you didn't get your hands on that fucking chat log, snap snap, nudge nudge, I'm really fucked if you did, say no more.

19. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I'm on mIRC a lot, lots of cool people there.

I see Feldon and Milo there at least once a week.

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I don't. I feel like you're still a, and I don't like the word but it's one you'll understand, n00b. I didn't consider myself a regular till I had 500 posts.

On another note, I might start stopping by the IRC channel some more, I thought it was dead.

Our Host!