What new Races?

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Shadygrove, Sep 6, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Susano

Susano New Member

eh, I dont think Virgil DOg and Geoffrey will still be arround in A2.

I had another idea....... when humans and orcs, and humans and elven can breed, then what about gnomes and halflings?
    The documentation in the manual says halflings evolved from gnomes through magic, just like orcs and elven did from humans.
    So, in analogy, there should be gnome-halfling halfbreeds.....

2. Drugar

Drugar New Member

A quarterling/Gnome?

Fat belly, big nose?

Iiiiieuw!

3. Susano

Susano New Member

quarterling :lol:

too funny.... I guess this would be the ultimat challenge for every player, I mean what advantegs could such a being have?

4. Eternal Dreamer

Eternal Dreamer New Member

Personaly, I'd like to see the Bedokan, the humanoid lizards from the Glimmering Forrest, included as a playable race. I hope that I haven't stolen anyone's thunder since I haven't read all of the posts in this thread.

Concerning pure-blood ogres, I think that they would quickly unbalance the game due to their superhuman strength and vitality. Also, the low intelligence inherint in most ogres would make it very difficult to have any kind of realistic dialogue. Anyway just my 2 cents worth. :)

5. Lukan_the_witless

Lukan_the_witless Member

the dread armour in the game reviels more then what the "underwear" covers (pondering thought: then what do they wear w/ that ice cold plate and bronze plat mail....... hmmmmmmm :???: ) I agree there should be a patch to fix the underwear thing........

6. Lukan_the_witless

Lukan_the_witless Member

let's see....... human dwarf elf orc ogre halfling goblin trolls centaur's and of course the hybrids from humans sounds good the others well most people don't know abou them and I doubt they'd make them ne ways

7. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Thats a nice selection there, that game would please me alot, the werewolf or ghost would be very interesting to use also...

8. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Lukan, cut it out already! If you want to say something, start a new fucking thread! You're debating with people who don't even visit the fucking forum any more!

9. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

The one race which I would really like to see would be race of shape shifters that could assume the form of any creature they had killed. that would be sweet! :smile:

10. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

in Australia we refer to them as organic speed bumps as every other animal is usually smart enough to roll off the windscreen, the ones in canberra have good lawyers so drive slowly there.

11. Phisch

Phisch New Member

I'd say just flesh out the races with their female parts and maybe add Goblins as an ancient subterranean technological race; you have to be careful with the established world. It's an exceptional world so I wouldn't want to see it torn apart through too much tinkering.

12. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

As opposed to the dwarves, an ancient subterranean technological race.

13. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Shape shifters could be nice. I mean there was a werewolf girl in Caladon, so we could have a shape shifter character, why not. Suppose it couldn't wield any humanoid weapons or armor(only the suits in their human shape) , couldn't learn spells or schematics, but could progress in shape shifting from a wolf or a rat at level 1 to something like a temporal crusher or Ore Golem on further levels. In human form they would have normal human stats. Shape shifting in a city with witnesses around makes everyone attack you and gives you a reputation of a monster in that city for the rest of the game. They could also have custom weapons especially for the- steel claws, fangs or horns.

14. Phisch

Phisch New Member

Hmm that would be a good point. Golly maybe just flesh out the races that are already established then.

Carry on, nothing to see here.

15. The_Malus_Monkey

The_Malus_Monkey New Member

I dont think there should be any new races! The game's history has been laid out and unless a far off new continent is discovered then you aren't getting any new races!

16. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

No new races? I don’t know about that. Think how much more interesting the game would be with even more races to chose from!

I like the shape shifter idea. How about making it a spell in the morph college? Or maybe even making a new college just for shape shifting. You could even have a new tech discipline where you can make potions that can turn you into different beings.

I would like to see Wingers. I believe someone has mentioned a winged race and I think it’s a good idea. Their wings aren’t big enough for them to fly but they can use them to move around faster (It would be a bit unfair if they could fly, just get a bow your invincible).
    This race could gain a bonus to dexterity (because they have wings) and Intelligence (because they are old and wise) but suffer a penalty to Perception (they are used to living in deep, dark forests so they aren’t used to bright day light) and Charisma (not used to contact with other races). :D

Another idea for a new race-Quadlings. They are bigger than Halflings but smaller than humans. They have four arms so they can wield multiple weapons however they have low Strength to balance the equation.

17. Delkatani

Delkatani New Member

MORLOCHS! WE NEED MORLOCHS! you know those creatures from the "time machine". They could be arch enemies to the dwarves, their tunnel digging counter-parts! Many quests could be made on this one theme, like you could be hired as a mercenary for the wheel clan or the morloch empire. mwahaha :eek:

18. cadaver

cadaver New Member

hmm don't know about this1, if say the quadling have -5 strength.
    I really would like to give my elf 5 points less strengt but 4 arms instead of it, now I can wield a sword of stillwater (creates unlimited animals) and an arcane staff (+80 mana I thougd)

don't know about 4 arms, just but there must be some other way to balance them, lets say they don't regenerate healt (even while sleeping in bed) and mana only sleeping (maybe only in bed), this way it is a lil bit more in balance. this is imo so cause in combat (where the 2 extra hands come handy) they have to retreat to sleep, or to buy new potions of healt

just my 2 cents

ps if the game is allready m rated, why not put kids in it? in arcanum1 they kids coming falling out of the air??? ps the halflings allready look like kids so that is not the problem

19. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Is it world wide gravedigging week or something? STOP GRAVEDIGGING! This topic hasn't been posted in for a month!

20. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Snow it's ok, this isn't general discussion or hints 'n tips. If someone has a new idea, let 'em post.

Our Host!