The Level Cap & Potential Removal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by madcap, Sep 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. madcap

madcap New Member

Fellow Arcanum Players,

After ignoring responsibility & wordly pleasures, I finally managed to beat the game. Unfortunately, I noticed that many of my followers were -well- beneath me in level and experience (as I had picked up some low levels late in the game). About 3/4 of the way through the game, I managed to max out my experience level (playing on the moderate level). My question then, is whether or not there is a Level Cap remover availabe for my second time through the game. Anyone know anything about it?

- Sincere Gratitude,
    Madcap

2. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Don't know of a levelcap remover, but there is a trainer around. With this you can edit all your stats, and even some of the NPC's as well. If you find that you reach to high of a level and your NPC's don't. Just edit your char to a lover level, thus giving them a chance to catch up.

/PeeCee

3. madcap

madcap New Member

Thanks for the advice... Unfortunately I've -tried- that in the past... Many NPC's tend to -leave- the party if your level is below their own. Even more troubling, the editor doesn't allow you to edit the amount of XP you obtain... So, should you lower your level, you wind up regaining any lost levels on your next level up... :/ Any other solutions?

4. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

I did play around with the editor and buffed my level to 20 fom 12. I saw that I needed something like 58000 xp to gain the next level. At first I thought something had messed up, since I didn't get the bars and lights showing, but after some bashing of monsters and solving of quests, the bar started to fill up. I think this was because I had reached that level by that time (if I hadn't cheated). As for having your mates leave if you are lower then them.
    As I said, the editor allows you to change most about your char. You can always buff your charisma and willpower. Even if you lower your level, they might be sticking around. Then as you see that the NPC's are closing in on your original level you can lower the stats again.

That would take some willpower, but I'm sure you got it. I know I don't.

/PeeCee

5. madcap

madcap New Member

thanks for your time, Friend. I hadn't considered maxing out my persuasion and charisma; I had wanted to play a 'straight' game other than the level restrictions. However, it might be my only choice.

Your experience with the re-leveling once altering the level with the editor are different than mine. I had been a level 37 char who lowered his level to 25. I played as level 25 for a bit, and then when I made a 'level', I shot to level 38. Pretty weird, eh? I guess it just tabulates experience, and ensures that you have the correct amount of levels for the related experience points.

- Madcap

Our Host!