Dwarven ore, multi-barreled gun and a safe place to keep you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragoon, Sep 7, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Finally had the chance to play full version :grin: unfortunately I don't have my very own copy yet :sad:

Anyway I went to the dwarven mines for Bates and everything was easy until I encountered ore golems. I read in this forum that pyrotechnic axe works wonders against these, unforunately I sold dwarven ore and merchants don't have it anymore. Is there some other place I could find/purchase it or perhaps some way of creating it myself?

I also found lava rocks in these mines – is there any use for these?

In one of the Tarant newspaper issue new steel factory was mentioned to be opened. Is it somewhere in Tarant?

In Bates' workshop I found some 'Multi-barreled Gun' schematic, however I can't learn it. I even checked whether I could learn it having better stats by cheating my char to a technician genius and still I couldn't learn it. Is there some special quest linked to this schematic which allows learning it or having the gun assembled by someone else? Please don't write exact spoilers just confirm if it is so. And if it depends solely on the character - what is requiered to learn this schematic?

One more thing. Are there places/containers in towns where I could place my items so that they wouldn't disappear?

2. ZaijiaN

ZaijiaN New Member

Dwarven Ore: I found some somewhere in Tarant, but I can't remember where... maybe under PSchulyer's or at the dockside junk shop.

Lava rocks are for an alter offering to Alberich.

I think the multi-barrelled gun schem is used for a thief quest or appleby quest.

I always keep my stuff in the big chest in the hotel room of Tarant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZaijiaN on 2001-09-07 18:34 ]</font>

3. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Also if you do the quest in Blackroot (I think it is here) you can get the room at the inn for free. Also a good place to store stuff.

/PeeCee

4. Aidan

Aidan New Member

There's some dwarven ore in a warehouse in tarent, the one that is full of rats.
    Across the road from Madam Li's to the east.

Don't know where you can find any more, sorry.

5. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I found dwarven ore in exactly the places you mentioned so far. Seems like there'll be no pyrotechnic axe for me. :sad: The worst thing is that I had to cheat my character to defeat these monsters w/o it.

6. Wookie7

Wookie7 New Member

Molotov Cocktails work against Ore Golems. Usually takes 4-6 cocktails to work against them. That and several handy followers hacking away at them, and, unfortunately, damaging their weapons on the golems hard surface.

You don't need dwarven ore for the axe, if your lucky you can find a featherweight axe. I got one off of the body of the dwarven assassin in the inn/pub in Blackroot.

7. Zula

Zula New Member

Ore Golems

Perhaps this will only work for fighter types, but I had good luck killing them with my fists.
    I used some gauntlets with a fairly good damage and punched at them.
    No damaged weapons and it seemed to me it a fair amount of damage, at least compared to weapons :smile:

8. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Looking glass rifle = golem killer heh

And the multibarrelled schem is the object of a thieves underground quest

9. Lord Jantar

Lord Jantar New Member

look up the location to ashbury and get the dog. He is the ultimate ore-golem and seething mass killer.

10. Deathlock

Deathlock New Member

Ore Golems

I 'av finded dat 21 strenf plus any wepun dealz wiv ore golemz, but den agen dat wurks fur jus about anyfing. I killz da 45th level mul...errr...meli...errr.. hitting peepul mastur with jus tree blows an da 45th level mastur asssasssassassin (how dus you stopp spellin dat wurd?) wiv fore blows. Bof ov dem wur too shtunned to 'it me bak!

By da way ders much tuffer stuff in dat dungin dan der Ore Golemz, best youze learn sum good kombat skillz befor youze goes furver my frend.

Deathlock

50th Level Half-Orc Frankenstein Monster Techno-Mage

Diz ard t'be da g'dguy when nob'ddy luvs you :sad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathlock on 2001-09-10 13:21 ]</font>

11. Alvis

Alvis New Member

Rat warehouse

I have been storing my stuff in the chest in the warehouse that I cleared the rats for the gnome. It's close to the Tarant docks steam transport spot so I can get there relatively quick. I find I travel to Tarant quite a bit, it's close to the docks if I travel to Tarant by boat, and it's also fairly close to the Wise Woman so I can identify stuff and store it there if I need it later.

12. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Thanks for help guys, soon I'll be able to assemble looking glass rifle so targeted shots should let me get rid of nasty golems :grin:

13. NeJJa

NeJJa New Member

umm..

the best place to keep your stuff is in the 'storage bin' in the small building right under the Tarant University subway station. it has about 5 times the capacity of a human player and you can go right to it when you enter Tarant via the subway system.

14. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I think the best place is somewhere in that Inn at Black Root I think because its free and safe. Same storage capacity.

15. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

About this being free. Does it mean that if I put my stuff in a container which is in a hotel room for which I payed for a week, and this time runs out my stuff may disappear?

16. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

No I mean the room is free or so it someone here says so. I never got into it but they told me that they got to store things at the Inn and get the room for free after you finish the quest, of course.

17. tarin

tarin New Member

but what is with the gun is it unpossible to build cuz its just a quest item or when can i build it when i get it from the factory nad after stealing it from mr black i was also unable to build it that suxx

18. RightTurnClyde

RightTurnClyde New Member

On the topic of storage:

You never need to pay for a room at any inn to store things in them (dressers, chests, whatever), and your stored items are never molested. As an adventurer, I find the idea of paying for a bed deplorable, I would much rather sleep under the stars.

19. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

But in this game one is not only an adventurer. One is also a 'sir' or 'madam'. :wink:

Our Host!