Just like Arcanum the first, only better...

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Frotse, Apr 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Frotse

Frotse New Member

I love Arcanum the way it is. But it can be even better. I prefer RPG games in 2D. I would`nt mind if it were even better detailed either.
    More monsters, more alternatives when you make your character.
    But more items, more spells, more things to make.
    And as someone already said, the ability to upgrade things you already made. Example, rifle + scope = sniperrifle(A rifle with a long range)
    Bigger world and a better Multiplayer support.
    And something else. When you lay down a ring on the ground you see a big load of gold. I want those things cleared up. I find it stupid when one ring looks like a big treasure on the ground.

2. xento

xento New Member

Not only more items, but more uses for those items.

On Fallout, nearly every item had a use of some kind, while on Arcanum, there is alot of useless junk.

Also, about the multiplayer thing, see here.

Also, we need more specific ammo for guns, stronger guns, and the requirement to reload those guns.

3. Susano

Susano New Member

No, we do not need more tehc restrictions, as magic is already stronger....

4. Canis

Canis New Member

I know that many here will disagree with me, but FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS FLUFFY :)bunny:), no manual reloading of firearms! I'm all for a certain amount of realism in CRPGs, but there comes a point where "realism" becomes merely "tedium". I cannot stress enough how much that irked me in Fallout.

5. Phadech

Phadech New Member

:) Yeah, all jewelry (and junkpiles, etc.) look exactly the same.
    When you drop the Wheel clan glasses they look like a helm of vision. So does Top Hat or the Chapeu. I guess the guys are just too lazy to draw all items one by one, when they are thrown. Maybe a 3D engine would allow more variety.

6. cadaver

cadaver New Member

well a 3d engine, are the pc by the release of arcanum2 fast enoug to calculate everything.
    when you are at the glimmering forest with all those love-lights in the sky, woudn't that be laggy?

7. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

As to weapon loading problems of 'realism vs. tedium', there is a simple solution- weapons should all have belt clips (like machine guns) which ast as long as your ammo does. This way the laws of loading arn't vioated and you don't have to manually reload.

As far as graphics go, if they can get up to level (or close) that they are in Morrowind, then they should be 3D. Otherwilse they should stick with 2D graphics, but make them really detailed. Divine Divinity looks really sweet and if Arcanum 2 can look like that, I have no complaints. :)

8. cadaver

cadaver New Member

uhm 1 thing, PLEASE let it be possible ot have diffrent resolutions
    but I think that they allready figured THAT out, just go to the official forum and search ond resolutions :D MANY

9. Ferret

Ferret New Member

An engine like Div Div's would be really nice. It's in the same style but far superior and would work well with the 'feel' of the game.

Our Host!