Electro-warrior's best weapons?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Corsarius, Apr 7, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

Hi All,

Okay, so I'm a newbie. Now that I'm here, I want to ask a couple of dumb newbie questions that may well have been done to death already.

I'm looking for the most powerful ranged (firearms) single-handed weapon that is official in the game. I am currently using the Tesla rod, which is VERY nice, but I would also like to use the flow disruptor. Does the game have anything beyond something like the Hand Cannon for a tech character?

And how good is the Tesla Gun?

Okay, that's it. Wow, cool first post...

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

The Tesla gun is one of the most powerful guns in the game (10-80electric damage, speed of 6). As for one handed weapons, there is Bronwyck's gun (don't remember the stats, but it does fire damage and uses fuel, I liked it more than the hand cannon), a Long Range pistol (10-30 damage, range of 20, not sure about speed), and probably Droch's warbringer, which I haven't made yet. But in my opinion, a gunslinger doesn't need a shield, not even heavy armor. With a Tesla gun, a blade launcher or a mechanized gun you should be able to take down any foe before they come any close. If you're not patched, the Looking Glass rifle with 40-40 damage is also an impressive weapon because of its superior range.
    P.S. If you chose a mechanized gun, which is probably the best, even if not the most reliable, make sure to have LOTS of bullets (I have entered the Void with 6000 bullets and nearly ran out of ammo by the time I finished).

3. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

for ranged.... tesla gun all the way, for up close and personal, go a pyro axe..... and by the way, :wavey: welcome to T-AHoL

4. Phatose

Phatose New Member

Droch's warbringer is probably the best one handed firearm available. But it won't be available until close to the endgame, and if you're not a gunsmith, you'll need manuals to build it. Even does some electrical damage IIRC, adding to your theme.

5. Canis

Canis New Member

Quoth Shadygrove, "Ah, but Vendigroth can be forced!" (Maybe I should put that in my sig....)

Anyway, I'm not sure if the need to use tech manuals is really that big of an obstacle.

6. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Indeed right. I, an elf technologist specialized in gunsmithy, have never needed any armor but my precious rustic finery.

7. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

Great Green Gallumphing Gagrumpers! I just built the Tesla Gun!

Hello Mr Frigidon! *ZAP* Goodbye Mr Frigidon!

It sure chews the ammo, though. I remember using Bronwick's gun and Droch's Warbringer (I have full Gunsmithy) last game I played. I may make the warbringer, but I like, no, LOVE that power-hungry Tesla Gun!

Thanks all!

And as for armour, I've given away my powered armour. A regenerative jacket and the top hat force-field is enough for me! (I may change my mind on that one though as things go along, but I love being Captain Elektrik!)

8. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Ho-ho. Been there, done that. It's a wonderful feeling once you get the "phat" schematics.

9. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

Wow. Now thats origonal. I did kinda the same thing with a half-elf but a full elf is even more of a challenge. :D

Sugessted Equipment for Electro Warrior:

Tesla Gun/Charged Sword.
    Chapeu of Magic Intervension.
    Flow Disruptor--->(Charged Sword)
    x2 Charged rings
    Healing Jacket/Electro platemail.

Shame there aint Electric gauntlts or boots of some kind.

10. Solaris

Solaris New Member

The main drawback of the Tesla gun is that it requires learning all of the electricity for the Tesla rod (7 CP). A gunslinger can do just fine with the guns that can be found (a mechanized gun, stolen or built by Maxim, or Franklyn Payne's elephant gun transformed into a blade launcher). Unless, of course, there is a ready Tesla rod somewhere (like the pyro bow in Tulla, really doesn't make any sense, but would be convenient if there was an tech or neutral archer follower).

11. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

[quote="The Chosen One]

Wow. Now thats origonal. I did kinda the same thing with a half-elf but a full elf is even more of a challenge. :D

Sugessted Equipment for Electro Warrior:

Tesla Gun/Charged Sword.
    Chapeu of Magic Intervension.
    Flow Disruptor--->(Charged Sword)
    x2 Charged rings
    Healing Jacket/Electro platemail.

Shame there aint Electric gauntlts or boots of some kind.[/quote]

Indeed it is. I have my electrical and gunsmith skills at maximum, and am a master firearms shot. I am using a tesla gun, Chapeau of Magnetic Inversion, x2 charged rings, Electro platemail (with the healing jacket whenever I get hurt). I'm carting around the flow disruptor in the hope I will eventually manufacture Bronwicks gun or Droch's warbringer or even get a charged sword from somewhere (the random schematic has not yet come up). I would prefer something electrical to go with the theme, though.

12. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Heh. Yeah, I know. It sucks getting all those penalties to my tech skills, but I mean hey, looking cool is worth it. :D

13. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

RC6X03NX:
    Dam right looking cool is worth it. We both could have gone with a dwarf to make our lives easier but that just wouldn't look cool, right? :D

So being a FireArms weilder, you never got Master status because of the penalty Elvs suffer right? I got rou8nd this by Choosi9ng the Bandit background for my half-half which gives you a slight bonous to Fire Arms but I don't think Elvs can get that back ground. So did you just settle for Expert Fire Arms ? :eek:

14. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Er... to be quite honest, I've never gotten that far. Yet. (Damn this quicksave button! Damn it to hell!)

15. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Consider the Charged Accelerator Gun. It seems to be a cross between a fast repeater & a rail gun. Takes bullets, does normal & electrial damage.

16. Langolier

Langolier Member

A bit of advice to Tesla Gun weilders. DONT use them against fire elementals. I did and my T Gun did all of 4 damage...... carry a normal gun or some grenades to get you past situations like that.

17. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

Where can I get plans for this, or is it a random object?

18. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Our Host!