My new character

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Phadech, Apr 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Phadech

Phadech New Member

I am working on a fighter half-orc with magic affinity. Current state is as follows:
    Background: Beat with an ugly stick (1/2 ranks of Throwing and Bow are useless, but it won't matter)
    Stats:
    STR, DEX: Maxed (I use "Gloves of Dexterity" and "Amulet of N'Tala" to spare 3 CP's)
    WP: 9
    IN: 12 (For spells and some quests)
    CON: 11 for maximum fatique regeneration
    PE: Base (Useless for a melee fighter)
    BE: Base (Which is 1!!!)
    CH: 8 (For 2 followers)

Spells:
    Force: Shield of Protection
    Necromantic Black: Harm, Conjure Spirit (CS is quite useful, considering my char slays every living thing, before interracting with them)
    Morph: Hardened Hands, Weaken

Followers:
    -Virgil
    -Torian Kel (I used a fate point to increase his reaction to me)
    -Worthless Mutt

Items:
    Elven Chainmail (for DR), Dread Armor (for AC), Gloves of DX, Enchanted War Boots, Amulet of N'Tala, 2 Arcane Rings, Mystic Great Sword (and "Sword of Air" as a backup option), Shield of force.

I have some questions:

1. I use Weaken oftenly, but I've never tried Hardened Hands. Does HH increase damage with melee weapons?
    2. Being very ugly, I always wear a Smoking Jacket and Jewel of Hebe in towns, so it slightly increases people's reaction to me. However, prices are still very high compared to other chars. Considering my WP (which is 9), will it be a waste of CP's if I learn two ranks of haggle? I know I can kill them and have their goods, but I want to spare traders, at least some of them.
    3. How can I have the awesome Bangellian Scourge? Can the Bangellian Deeps be forced?

I need your item and CP suggestions, dear lords :)

2. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

Nope. It only increases hand to hand combat damage, which is a shame.

Since Lock Picks is not an option cos your magical and Unlocking cantrip will wake people up, you can't really steal money which is what I usually do to get rich. 2 points in pick pocket will allow you to steal money from people but only in small amounts so I'd either go with haggle or pick pocket. Pick pocket is probably the better option as it can be used to steal other things.
    If you have any fate points lying around then use them to force sucess on Lock Picking in a magic shop as you'll get alot of money and useful items. :D

Yes.

3. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Learn Purity of Water. + 4 BE & stackable. Steal the Ring of Influence. At higher MA it gives + 3 BE & CH, + 3/4 presuasion & haggle.

4. Phadech

Phadech New Member

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Don't waste fate points on getting money, you'll need them to get your character Arcane sword/shield/helm and lots of other good equipment. Money comes and goes, fate points are limited. Here's a very effective way I used to get money: all you need is a dynamite stick and a resurrect scroll. Come to any wise woman who has gathered too much of your money in her inventory (I usually do it on those who have 20 thousand and more), and use the dynamite stick on her from afar (so she wouldn't notice, if she gets mad she will attack you after resurrecting). When she's dead, take all the money and whatever else she had on her and resurrect her so you could still use her services. You can also plant baneful gauntlets on her and wait for her to die from poison, but don't forget to use poison cure potion on her after resurrecting.
    Another advice- Magnus as a follower. While you're still low on MA, buy the parts for eye gear from the tech shopkeepers and get Magnus as a follower. Once he learns to make eye gear, you can sell it to the junk dealer for about 800 each.

6. Canis

Canis New Member

*cough*Kree*cough*

Okay it's cheesy, but it's also unlimited. :)

Once Magnus is high enough to make the bloody things you really shouldn't be having money problems anymore.

7. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

What what what?! (Good god, I'm, quoting South Park) What was that about Kree? Unlimited fate points?

8. Canis

Canis New Member

Yeppers. You know how you get a fate point when you steal the idol and leave the city limits without killing anyone? Well, there's a bug with that. Get the idol, cross city limits, point. Step back in, point. Out, point, in, point, until you get sick of it.

9. RC6X03NX

RC6X03NX New Member

Sweet! I'll have to try that as soon as I can.

10. Phadech

Phadech New Member

Worth a try :)

11. Corsarius

Corsarius New Member

I'm taking my electric backside to Kree ASAP..

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I usualy get ten or so that way, & then hardly ever use them except when impaitent.

Our Host!