The Half-Elf FireArms Master.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Chosen One, Mar 29, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

On my quest to play a more original character every time I replay the game, I decide upon a Half Elf with Master in FireArms. Abit contraversial so it suits me. :D

At first I had doubt if this would be possible due to the fact that Half Elvs sufer a penalty in all Tech Skills, therefore I wouldn't be able to reach a max bar in firearms. Im pretty sure that you do need a max bar, otherwise you can't do the master quest.

So I found a simple way around this. I chose the back ground ''Bandit'' which gives you a bonous to fire arms. I hoped it would overide the penatly and it did, with abit extra to spare. :D

So now Im working on a Half-Elf FireArms master and its going great. I got Expert in Fire Arms at only level 7. I also plan to max out Gamble, dodge and heal as well as getting Expert in Pick locks, prowling and Pickpocket.
    In the end im gonna have 20 Int, 18 Pe and 20 Dx while weilding the Tesla gun and a Long range Pistol. :D

By the way, does anyone know the MRS of the Tesla Gun?

2. Delkatani

Delkatani New Member

You should get Droch's War Bringer (20-40 damage and good speed)

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Tesla is good, but charges for it were a bit of a problem for me. I prefer a blade launcher. Never made Droch's warbringer, but it sounds fine if the damage is 20-40 and if it's faster than the Elephant gun.

4. The Chosen One

Blade launcher uses 6 bullets so thats not much better then the Tesla Gun. The only thing about charges is they are a little harder to come buy but since I've already started collecting them and it'll be a while before I get the Tesla Gun then I should be ok.

I also plan on using my Pistols primarily and only using the Tesla Gun on the more formidable foes. :D

War Bringer was always an option but what is the range and speed on it ?

5. Langolier

Langolier Member

Tesla Gun MSR:11
    Drach's Warbringer: D 20-40 FT 15? ED 10 RNG 15 Speed 13 (with apprentice training)

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The Warbringer kicks ass. That's all there is to it. Unfortunately, it also only shows up very late in the game. There's a schematic to make charges for the Tesla gun, which uses 4 charges/shot. Of all the weird guns to make, I preferred the flamethrower. Damage might seem a little low, and it does use 3 fuel, and yes, the range is kind of short...BUT, in real time, it's all worth it, just to see a constant jet of fire melting all your enemies.

It's also good when you're not the main damage dealer, being protected by machined plate mail and 3 or 4 automatons, as well as 4 or 5 followers like Magnus, Loghaire, Sebastian, Virgil and Raven (or something similar to that).

7. The Chosen One

Yeah Vendigroth is far too late in the game for me (thats where you can get the weapon right?) Especially seen as I get to Level 40+ just after the Isle of Despair or before, then fuck off the save and maybe start a new one or maybe eat some cereal. :???:

Wehn you first hear you can make a flame thrower your like "Woah, Im getting me one of them!" Then when you get its like "Woooow pretty fire..........but wheres the damage!?"

Jarinor, you must have a pretty powerful PC if you can have over 10 followers. Sometimes I play solo partly so it will run faster. :D :p

8. Canis

Canis New Member

As Shadygrove said, "Ah, but Vendigroth can be forced!"

9. Langolier

Langolier Member

Yes, though I myself take more satisfaction in constructing an elephant gun......... or more recently...... playing through the game with a fine revolver in real time combat............ got to carry lots of bullets and use grenades......

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Right now, with the new AGP 8X standard for video cards sweeping the market, the 4X cards are CHEAP. 64 meg MX 440 cards can had for $40 in PCI or AGP. 4200 Ti cards can be had for under $100 in 64 & 128 meg. Either will cure the slowdown big time. It was so wonderful to go squashing the spiders of Vendigroth in RTC & watching a party of 9 RUN, not crawl.

Our Host!