Dropping Gas Prices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zorque, Mar 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Zorque

Zorque New Member

Is this just happening in my area, or is it in fact going on all over the country? Because it would seem the gas prices would go up during the war, not down.

2. xento

xento New Member

Ya, it would, except the oil dealers in Iraq are so happy about us getting rid of Suddam for them that they want to give a little thank-you gift.

3. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Nick, you should create a scrapbook entitled:
    "The Dumbest Shit I Ever Said" This could be among your prize entries.

4. Zorque

Zorque New Member

Technically, we actually control more than half the oil-wells in Iraq.

5. Canis

Canis New Member

AFAIK gas prices have gone down everywhere except in California, leading to widespread cries of, "PRICE GOUGING BASTARDS!!!"

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Given that prices are high (by their standards) in the Middle East, I doubt they're going down in the US. Some people here are frighteningly naive at times.

7. Clothos_Vermillion

Clothos_Vermillion New Member

Prices have gone down four cents on average this week after a fairly sucessful military campaign and Allied control of many of Iraq's oil fields becoming established.

Its not much, but its something. And its not a "gift" its because the oil fields which were under unstable control, and which could have possibly gone up in flames at any time, are now safe.

8. xento

xento New Member

Well, I'm serious, at least. They are truely lowering prices because we are getting rid of Suddam, and that makes them happy, because then life is easier for them. If it's not to say thanks, then what?

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You really think the oil world works like that? The only thing you've got going for you is the possibility of growing up and losing your naivety.

10. Zorque

Zorque New Member

As I said previously, we control most of Iraq's oil wells, because in an attempt to keep those people loyal to Saddam (which there are actually quite a few of) from setting fire to them. The Iraqis people will most likely not control any of the wells we've captured until we set up a stable government, and even then we'll most likely give control to the rich and/or the government

Our Host!