The Caine Mutiny

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snowmane, Mar 23, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I've just finished The Caine Mutiny, and all I can say is: wow. It's really, really good. There are some flaws, but overall, it's very enjoyable. Has anyone here read it? If so, do you think Queeg was crazy?

2. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

Around 8th grade I was forced into reading that book by my teacher. I liked Willie, or whatever the main characters name was, but I can't remember too much about it aside from him getting stationed on the ship with the nutty captain.

Good book though, I'll have to re-read and finish it sometime

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The Caine Mutiny might be good, but The Resurrectionists is really shit. I'm going to bitch about it here, because an incredible amount of people love the book, but I can only see it's rather massive and numerous flaws.

So, stay away from The Resurrectionists by Kim Wilkins. Very, very bad.

4. gamenut

gamenut New Member

never heard of it. is it about pirates?

5. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

No, sorry, no pirates. It's about a DMS (destroyer mine sweeper) in WWII.

6. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

7. gamenut

gamenut New Member

close enough. might look for it if i have the time... not today since i'll be too busy getting the new Linkin Park CD...

8. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

I have a better idea: Take your money and throw it right in here[​IMG]

Crazy kids and their mad-at-the-world-brimming-with-agnst-over-a-bad hair-cut studio bands these days.

9. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

NOOOOOOO!!

Send it to me, instead.

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

What a good way to waste your money! Please tell me you're buying the cd to burn on top of a tire fire.

11. R. Caine

R. Caine New Member

Well aren't you all judgemental. Everyone knows screaming (and rapping) is good for you :)

12. Zorque

Zorque New Member

Yes, everyone loves listening to no talent wannabes who only make it because of all the losers who are trying to make a statement

13. gamenut

gamenut New Member

oh fuck... why every time i mention something about that someone has to say something about it? I mean fuck, i don't criticize your musical preference. I listen to what i listen to. fuck, i don't say anything about what you listen to. Sure i might say it's old, but i usually don't say any more. Don't say anything about what the fuck i listen to if i don't say anything negative about your choice of fucking music. Fucking stereo-types anyway... :x anyway, evil eyes ban, i'm not angry at the world and neither are they. they just use their music to express what they feel. in fact, i'm the happiest i have been in years at this point in time. also, about the haircuts, most of them have normal hair cuts. in fact, the lead singer's head is almost shaved. i repeat again mother fucking stereo-types. it's because of shit like this why i haven't come here that often...

anyway, zorque, another stereo-type. i'm far from a no-talent loser. i make straight A's in school and i'm rather good at a few musical instruments. I'm even good at a few sports.

14. EvilEyesBan

EvilEyesBan New Member

Linkin Park doesn't use their music to express jack shit. Their writers may write things that they express through their rapping and "singing". Seeing as how they are a bunch of hand picked studio band shitwads put together to be an alternative rock boyband. Hell I'd probably not even bat an eye if you said you were going to pick up some Milli Vanili, But hell man, they did that thing where they jumped up and tapped chests. And that is cool right there.

Why don't you stop being so sensitive about your musical tastes, or at least get a breathmint to cover your shit for shit taste?

15. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Aren't you like 12? Lastly, do you think you could have squeezed the word "fuck" in ONE more time? Just asking, cause you know happy people routinely use "fuck, fucker, fucking" in conversation when trying to defeat anger stereotypes associated with Linkin Park "music".

16. Notharah

Notharah New Member

1. I hope this is not your routine way of argumentating your statements.

2. don't bitch... even when it's a forum... you don't always have to be commented. If gamy thought his flavour was critizesed, it's his good right to say he doesn't like to be judged on it. EVENTHOUGH his post caused the reaction.

and now don't give me crap like "well if gamenut has this right why dog on me"... it's because you're bitching....

17. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

I don't routinely argue, and I hardly consider that bitching, more along the lines of pointing out the hypocrisy of gamenut's post for the comedic value. If you didn't think it was funny, maybe you should try your luck with pin-the-tail-on-the donkey, or some other equally challenging game.

18. Notharah

Notharah New Member

well for one... if you were 'pointing out the hypocrisy of gamenut's post for the comedic value. ' you would have done it more literate then you did now by making lousy comments about his age.... so it IS bitching.

Secondly... if that was an attempt of insulting me... you failed. I know very well what humour is and apparently you lack the means of expressing that in your comments. That pin-the-tail comment is as lousy as judging people by their age and it made no sense or whatsoever and what's even worse.... it wasn't funny. Didn't activate a single laughing muscle in my entire body.

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Lowsy? It's in the middle of a sentence, and you capitalise AND you get the spelling wrong?

20. Zorque

Zorque New Member

I was talking about the so-called musicians, they act as if they have something to say, but they don't, they do it because it's the cool thing. They do it so they can mooch off of other's success. Real musicians do it because it's what they love to do, not because they're trying to make a statement.

Our Host!