Who would win in a fight between.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Immortal_Wombat, Feb 20, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Who would win in a fight between.....

1. 11 year old boy with a blackbelt in karate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 30 year old body builder guy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Heh you know what the best part is? I train karate and at least over here in Poland you can't get a black belt until you're 18. :p

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

s0 r w3 a|| az smar+ az w3 tiype? l0lzarz!!1! rokzarz sokzarz in my boxarz!!1!

So Snowmane, how is Brian? He feeling all right?

3. Immortal_Wombat

Immortal_Wombat New Member

DU, everyone passed the test....exept possibly mrnobodie, but i can forgive him as he obviously suffers from what is known as "post karate brainwash propaganda disorder" it comes of believing all the bullshit your karate teacher tells you. I still wub him tho, not as much as you tho DU *smooch*

4. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

eh, i still think i'm right, but this is rather pointless debate with no easily definable answer.

5. Immortal_Wombat

ah come on, you up for a bit of point and counter pointing, you can't really have an easily definable "right answer" on most of these debates

6. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

So ... this body builder ... he's the type to go into a fight thinking about his vulnerable points and areas he should guard, then be disciplined enough to do so? How did he get this way without martial training? Did he pick it up on the weights bench?

Most normal guys I've seen fighting, meatheads and stringbeans alike, go in shoving and swinging round houses. Don't think I've ever seen one say "I'd better cover my nads cos that's where I am vulnerable."

By the way, why did you ask this question?

7. Immortal_Wombat

You tend to block attacks to those areas naturally, u don't need special training to put your hands infront of your face or close your legs, it's instinctive. I've seen it when kids and drunkards alike have fights, depends how drunk u are like.....plus the builder is likely just to tackle the kid to the floor and pound his ass good.

I asked the question for fun really, i like to see how people think about things like this.

8. Sheriff Fatman

Hoho - then all the blokes I've seen fight have had unnatural instincts, cos they go in swinging and the fight normally ends up on the floor with them grappling like mud wrestlers within a few seconds. Every now and then you see a guy who hangs back and throws sensible punches. He is easy to spot, because he's generally the winner, whatever age or size.

That's good, cos for a while it looked like you were being lame and trying to set people up for a fall with your half-arsed I-know-more-about-karate-and-fighting-than-you theory.

I don't know who would win to be honest, and I think you're a bit silly to pretend these things are in any way predictable just because some guy is a bit older and heavier. If life were that simple, the Karate Kid would have been entirely fictional and Mr Miogi would not be such a god to me.

9. Immortal_Wombat

That's just the point though, the body builder is so overwhelmingly bigger, stronger and heavier the kid has no chance. The kid is vastly outclassed, i'm not talking about a fight between a 30 year old strongman and a 20 year old karate man, or even a 14 year old karate kid, i'm talking about an 11 year old, you simply don't have enough strength at that age to do damage, i've been kicked in the back while on a swing by a kid that age and he fell backwards while i hardly felt it, now by anybodies usual reasoning kicking someone in the back while they're swinging towards you is automatic win, that's only true if you are of sufficient strength to make it work.

And as for the "know more than you about fighting etc" I've been the attempted victim of a number of those and the whole "hey it's the kid, bet u didn't expect that losers" perspective pissed me off, I find that way of thinking to be wholly annoying and frankly wrong, this was intended as a "hey look, the right answer is actually the obvious option"

10. Sheriff Fatman

Was the kid who kicked you trained in Karate? Did he kick you in one of your 3 vulnerable areas, as identified by our resisdent expert?

So basically the same annoying attempt to catch people out but with a different answer?

11. Immortal_Wombat

it was intended as an example of how strength is hugely important, the thing about the 3 vulnerable areas was demonstating the kid has little chance, they were the only places a kid could hurt the man, even then they wouldn't completely disable him

to catch the other sort of people, a strike back at that method of thinking if you will, if you look back most agreed, i succeded apart from with you and nobodie, who disagree with the actual subject, if the person disagreed i'd be prepared to debate it with them, as i i was doing then untill you changed the subject to my motives

12. Sheriff Fatman

Look mate, don't get me wrong - as an overweight old cop I am entirely in favour of this line of thinking. I have to admit, the times I have been beaten up by martially aware adolescents are comparatively few, and I would like to think that if they hadn't caught me off balance/unfairly kicked me in the nuts/tripped me up/winded me/kept skipping out of the way, I'd have nailed their slippery little hides to the floor.

13. Immortal_Wombat

hit and run tactics innit, if you were in a cage in a fight to the winner you'd have won, it's like saying who would win in a fight between a dolphin and a shark, sure the dolfin might poke the shark in the gills and swim away in the open ocean, but in a "cage match" the shark would most likely win, however this might be a bad example, not knowing too much about sharks and dolfins

14. Sheriff Fatman

It's more like asking people who would win a fight between a shark and a dolphin, just so you can say "Hah! You're wrong" to the people who choose dolphin, then going on to put forward a whole load of unsubstantiated conjecture about why you're right, based upon the odd trip to SeaWorld.

My brother used to keep a shark in a tank. It was 3 inches long.

15. Immortal_Wombat

do you deny you'd fin a fight with any one of those kids if you were trapped in a bare room with them? and unsubstantiated argument is what the internet is built on, and i never once went hahaha ur wrong mofo or somesuch, even to the people i considered to be wrong

16. Sheriff Fatman

Here's a funny story - my mates were razzing a guy about how a girl we know could beat him up (she's a mean one) and the night ended with me knocking him flat on his arse because he started throwing punches when I jokingly refused to admit she could beat me up.

I have not been in enough fights or had enough exposure to martial arts to know how these things work, but I would guess that there are 11 year olds out there who could beat me in a fight because they are more experienced, better trained and in better shape than me.

What do you call this then:

?

17. Immortal_Wombat

18. Sheriff Fatman

I'd say you've glued your penis to a rhino. Time to start looking for the debonder.

19. Immortal_Wombat

*Sigh* all i wanted was a debate, i usually enjoy debates, but all this motive questioning gets my goat.

20. Sheriff Fatman

Your motives are entirely relevant.

If your motive was to discuss the subject in an exlporative and open minded way, we could expect you to fairly considser the points made by others and to put forward reasonable challenges and your own inisghts based upon them.

However, if your motive is to catch people out by putting forward one theory and making it stick, we can expect you to oppose every point made to the contrary, regardless of validity.

Having said that, my motives were to have a laugh at your expense, because I thought you were being a bit of a jerk and therefore a fair game to relieve some of my stress. That makes me a bully of sorts, and I apologise.

Our Host!