Memory loss, need help on Thanatos.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Solaris, Feb 22, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I forgot how to get out of the jungle maze on Thanatos!!! I blame the lack of sleep and an overwhelming number of ideas for stories I'm getting lately. My brain is quite overloaded. Anyway, could anyone "guide" me to the exit out of this awful place? As in what turns to take? Pathetic, I know, but I'm so short of patience lately. Thanks in advance.
    P.S. Pity they don't make mind marvel in real life. I could use some right now...

2. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Well, as to get to Nas... Elf Wizard, you must walk all the way South-West. To return back to the Worldmap you must go North-West.

It was clear? To get there: all the way S.W.
    To go back: N.W. :)

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Thanks Lagash! Oh and I've finally found your favorite Scourge, Next time I play a mage I'm going evil...:)

4. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Ok.

And, good for finding the Bangellian Scourge! You won't regret!

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I never really understood how people could get lost in the so-called 'maze' on Thanatos. I've always found it to be a straight-forward path through the inside of some trees heading south-east. It's been like that every time I've played the game and I imagine it will always be so. It's not complicated.

Is there someway around the outside then that people miss and have to try and work their way down? I'm just confused that so many people seemed to have missed the easy route if so, since they can't all be wrong about it being difficult to find their way.... :???:

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

There are far too many nice monsters to kill and chests to find to just "go through" the maze.

7. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Ooohh... there's something worth in that tree maze? ...some... cursed weapon? :grin:

Ah, somebody would happen to know/remember where's the Axe of Lost Time?

8. Canis

Canis New Member

It's in the Dungeon of the Dragon Pool, where Torian Kel sends you for the vial of dragon blood.

9. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I'm not 100% sure (still having a memory loss), but I think in my current game the Axe of Lost Time was picked up by Raven from the floor of the Dungeon of the Dragon Pool.
    Lagash, a question to you as an expert on cursed weapons. I've found something called Hurtful Bow, which does "random Harm"(as in spell I guess). Just how good is this bow compared to a standard Elven hunter's bow? Raven seems to have taken a shine on this weird weapon, even though she doesn't have enough strength...

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

In bows, there is no best but Elemun's Bow. Give Raven the Helm of Yacazar's Cost. She needs it. I believe those random Harms hit your party.

11. Lagash

Lagash New Member

The hurtful bow... the one in the Ashlag tribe?

Anyway, it may be good but not really worht when you are constantly hit by Harm after each turn. Shaddygrove is right, just give her Ellumyn's bow... the hurtful bow is strong but dangerous... of course one must learn how to live with that... you must pay the power with something! :D

12. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

If she could draw it, the bow might be useful. In one game, I was so hard up for magic weapons in order to clean out the Dredge, I had Janya use the Axe of Dark Lightnings (do I have the name right?) from Hardin's Pass. I had hoped that her TA might neuter the curse. Nope, after most rounds of combat, we were showered with fireworks. Pretty, not to strong, Maybe Janya's TA came through. Do you want to be zotted with Raven MA strength Harms randomly? Is the bow that good?

There are a lot of good cursed items in the game, & a few combos. I don't think that is one.

13. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Good point Shadygrove. The bow's been sold to the junk dealer in Tarant, he seems to be the only one buying cursed stuff

14. Lagash

Lagash New Member

What axe!? :-o I can't believe there're still cursed weapons I don't know! :( Where exactly is that axe? And... what does it do??? It's near the Scourge? Damage? :grin:

15. Canis

Canis New Member

I think it's on the corpse of the elf in Hardin's Pass. It does like 5-15, random bolt of lightning.

16. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

That's right, except I don't remember the dammage. The AoDL is mislabeled. It throws an aera efect rather like Jolt, but better looking, not LBs as advertised.

Look in corners up & on your right as you travel the path through the pass.

17. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Excellent! Excellent! And if it does Jolt it'll be better, because it can be against the player!

Those tricky cursed weapons say random xxx, but that doesn't mean that the attack will go sometimes to you and some to the enemy. It just means that there's a possibility that the attack will hit you. Well, of course there's one that doesn't hit you with the spells it has... it just demands your soul, but that's nothing you can't get back. :grin:

Our Host!