How do you edit your foes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hotei, Feb 7, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Hotei

Hotei New Member

I am in the part where you have to go to Quintarra (I hate that Stillwater Giant quest. That was one of the shittiest main quests I have done so far), but I am VERY tired of killing level 20 Orcs that give you diddly squat exp. How can you edit the game where you can boost the enemy levels for more exp? I d/led that Orc hack from a web site, but it REALLY sucks due to the BS factor because there is NO reason to have 50 Orcs, and 15 level 30 Yetis pop-up after killing the Orc ring leader (Even with 5 or 6 people on your team, it is still a BS hack). I don't want to fight 80 Orcs. I just want to change their level via hacking (I know I can change it to hard, but I don't think it would give me the EXP I want) to make things a bit more interesting. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this.

2. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

Just go find some dungeons or caves or places with harder monsters. Thats what I always did.

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

There are many places in the game which you can visit to literally wack some xp. But, without the level xp hack it ruins the game because you reach halfway and you are already capped.

4. Hotei

Hotei New Member

re:

The thing is that once you clear those dungeons, you have an empty cave.

Can you recommend me some places to check out for xp? Right now I am in Caladon trying to sovle the murders, and figuring out what happened to a holder of the Dark Elf book in case you need to know about my situation.

The Molochian mod hack the same guy who made the Orc Hack is somewhat useful (and much better than the Orc hack), but for some reason, I am having problems pickin fights with the Hand members.

Thanks for reading my post, and for some of the help. I would appreciate whatever extra advice you can throw in :)

5. Contemptus

Contemptus New Member

Liam's portal

Tarant Sewers (open and closed)

Caladon Sewers

That right there will get you to 50.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Holy shit. Is gravedigging your hobby man? Look at the dates of the last posts, and realise that once people get their answers, they usually don't revisit the thread.

7. Canis

Canis New Member

This is nothing. I think it's the same guy who's been digging up old threads on the Sierra boards, some of which are nearly a year old.

So yeah, it IS his hobby. :)

8. Contemptus

Contemptus New Member

Two weeks is a big deal?

And if you don't want it up at the top don't reply to it.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Around here, yes. For me, especially. Besides, you've already moved it up to the top, so me replying isn't a big deal. So, go someplace else and do your gravedigging, because no one around here wants it.

10. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

The other thread you dug was almost a month a three weeks old. Will you have the same explanation?

Whatever, just don't grave dig, it's a simple request.

11. Contemptus

Contemptus New Member

The older post had an unanswered question in it, which I answered.

It was on the second page, it's not like I was going through the archives.

And Canis, the ONE old thread I brought up on the sierra board was a question of mine that still hasn't been answered, and since I hadn't been around for a while I thought maybe one of the new members knew the answer.

And usually when I first see a new board to post on, I read through a few pages of the most recent posts to get a feel for how everyone here is, and sometimes I see something worth replying to. It's not like I make a habit of pointlessly bringing up old topics.

12. xento

xento New Member

Well, one this is for sure, you sure don't hold the record! I don't remember who, but someone, maybe a month or so ago, gravedigged a post that was nearly 2-3 years old! :-o

13. Contemptus

Contemptus New Member

That's a bit much.

Oh and calis, would you rather me make new threads addressing topics that are discussed but still have pending questions?

Go check the thread over at the sierra board, and you can see now that as I suspected, one of the newer members CAN answer my question.

Was this not better than making a new topic?

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

15. Contemptus

Contemptus New Member

Do you even post at that board?

If you did, you'd know there was no point in retyping a discussion in which a question was asked that no one could answer.

And relax man. Telling someone to shut the fuck up because you don't agree with them?

That's a little immature. If you have something to add to the discussion, feel free, but if not, why bother?

16. Zorque

Zorque New Member

Isn't it a little immature to dig up a dead topic just because your itching for a higher post count?

17. Contemptus

Contemptus New Member

I don't care about post counts. Hell, the sierra board doesn't even have post counts.

I obvious did not dig up topics to just up my post count, else I would have posted to a lot more threads.

I only posted because I thought I could either answer a question or add to the discussion. As for you, aren't you doin the same thing?

If you have something to add to the discussion, feel free, but if not, why bother?

18. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

If you haven't noticed the discussion you added to has become dead a long time ago. Digging it up now just pisses people off.

19. Zorque

Zorque New Member

If the person who posted last had an unanswered question, and it's been a long time since this person posted, either they looked somewhere else to find it, found out about it by themselves, or just quit the game, any way you see they would most likely not be looking at the post anymore.

20. Contemptus

Contemptus New Member

If people get pissed off when someone replies to a post that is only a dozen or so back from the top, that is their perogative.

I don't think its disruptive. It's not like I'm bringing up masses of posts that clutter up the board. In fact, both of the discussed topics would be back to about their original position were it not for all the responses like these.

Our Host!