FUCKING POLITICAL-CORRECTNESS!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrnobodie, Jan 22, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

i just saw on the news that on the Beetles, Abbey Road album cover, they are removing the cigerette that Paul McCartney is holding. never mind that it's during a time that everyone was stoned on atleast one substance or another, including the Beetles, nooo let's get all upset over a fucking cigerette. what a waste of fucking time. now i didn't even know about the cigerette untill i saw the news, and wouldn't of cared for that matter, but because some weak willed do-gooder fuckwit with too much spare time has decided it might send a bad image it has to go. fuck me what a waste of time. my thought on "P-C" is if you don't like looking at something don't look at it.

2. Immortal_Wombat

Immortal_Wombat New Member

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Heh, too bad they didn't replace the cig with a flower or a white pigeon. HEH, lets see those good doers try to censor the Internet, sooner or later it will be the last remaining bastion.

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I enjoy watching uncut videoes on mtv :D

5. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

Yea, that would be enjoyable if mtv didnt play SHIT!
    bleh

I hate censorship, waste of time in my opinion... and many other people.

6. carlstar

carlstar New Member

george

now mrnobodie. If that was goerge or john with the cig then i think they wouldn't because they are dead. In this PC world you surly can't change the image of people that are dead.

God what i wrote has to be about as stupid as... well changing the cover of an album because there is someone holding a cigerette.

on the same note. Doing things like that make me want to smoke (my slightly rebelious streak i guess)

7. Canis

Canis New Member

I found an article about this if anyone's interested:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2681219.stm

It's not the album that's being changed, it's a poster of the album art. The poster company seems to have done it without the permission of either Paul McCartney or Apple Records. It's silly, but it's not really of any consequence. Frankly I'm more upset over Paul's campaign to change some songwriting credits to McCartney/Lennon to enhance his own legacy, bah.

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

He's already worth 2 fucking billion dollars! What does he need more credit for? To deny Yoko the money?

9. gamenut

gamenut New Member

THAT is a matter of opinion... It all depends on which type of music you listen to. I happen to like MTV. Just because you don't listen to the type of music they play doesn't mean it is shit to everyone else. like ferret. he hates rap/hip hop. but a few other people on "that other forum" like rap/hip hop.

10. Canis

Canis New Member

From what I understand the change won't affect anyone's royalties, so money isn't immediately an issue. Apparently since George's death Paul's become more interested in his Recognized Place in Music History. Some also suggest that his new (*cough*trophy*cough*) wife has been urging him in this direction.... Well anyway, it seems he's worried about John's "martyrdom" overshadowing his own enormous contribution to the Beatles, and Paul wants to change the credits on those songs which are already recognized to have been mostly or exclusively written by him. Like "Yesterday" and "Good Day Sunshine".

And yes, if he happens to piss off Yoko in the process, that's just a special bonus. :D

11. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Who wouldn't want to piss Yoko off in the process, after all, she is generally accredited with Breaking up the Beatles

12. Canis

Canis New Member

Not to mention the fact that she kept John from supporting his first wife and son, leaving Cynthia and Julian to live in literal poverty. I think Julian just recently managed to get a portion of his father's royalties from Yoko, not quite sure on that point....

I'm not... entirely fond of Yoko. :x

13. Immortal_Wombat

I don't think anyone is, well, anyone who matters, it's odd, how good men often have such shitty shitty ladies. Nelson Mandella has that evil harpie Winnie Mandella, and um...Jonothan Creek's girlfirend was an utter bitch....um.......I'll get me coat

14. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Jonathon Creek, as in the fictional character of a magic assistant turned crime fighting super detective? He didn't have a girlfriend. :-?

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, what the fuck is up with all round good blokes like Nelson Mandella ending up with evil harpies of doom as wives? WHY DOES THE UNIVERSE DO THIS TO THEM?

I also just don't like the name Yoko Ono. She sounds like a fucking whore and gold digger.

16. Immortal_Wombat

I seem to remember the woman who played Gary's girlfirend on men behaving badly was at least for part of the series Jonothan Creek's girlfriend, there was one scene that stuck in my mind of her bitchyness:

GF: "Sorry I was a bit of bitch back there"
    JC: "Yeah, well, we all are guilty of that at times" (or something)
    GF: "What? so your saying I WAS being a bitch??!!"
    JC: "wtf? ack, evil harpie alert" (ok, so A i made this last line up, B she might not have been his girlfriend and C it was pretty much the only episode i've ever watched so, um, ignore th whole JC referance if u like)

And She's Ugly

17. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Re: george

They do it all the time. Think of our necrocelebrities. Elvis, Marilyn, Jimi, & Charlie Chaplin have all undergone extensive modification in thier post mortem carriers. The only one they can't mess with is Jim Morrison, mostly because there are Doors members left who value principal over cash.

Anyone can do anything to anyone else, all it takes are good lawyers. Or friends in high places. Or a corperation for insulation. Or all of the above.

18. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

These woman give those great men the push they need to do great thing those they donot have to be with they bad wifes.

I ask God why he allow Evil people like Hilter and Stalin to do just great evil.
    His answer was sometime God use Evil people to do what God want done. With Hilter killing alot of people in cold blood like he did we now have International War Crime Law on the book.

Now for the first time we have than International Criminal Court being form than the dumb America not being apart of it mean it will work.

19. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

20. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Chuckles, you mean to say that God told you he allowed some six millon Jews to be enslaved, tortured, and murdered by Hitler and his Nazi regime just so we could have some fucking law that will only be obeyed by countries or leaders who would never commit such an atrocity in the first place? You should get back on your medication and stay far away from the internet, you are fucking insane.

Our Host!