Da Void Problemmas

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Lone_Wolf, Jan 4, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf New Member

Is there any way to get out of the void? and how do I defeat the final boss? I have brought him to that "blue forefield" like 10 times and I could do this any time I want (got Arronax virgil bane of kree and doggy) but I can't kill him (??)....

P.S. If it wasn't for that force field the dog by itself could kill Kerghan :p he hits as if he was blind

2. Canis

Canis New Member

You don't get out of the Void. Well, you do, but then the game's over.

Do you have the Vendigroth Device? You're meant to use it on Kerghan....

Otherwise....hmm. Doesn't that uber-sword of something-or-other do the trick? Kryggird's Falchion, or something. Or maybe not. Didn't try that, just something I heard.

3. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf New Member

nach I don't have the vendi somehing device... I gave it away to that eveli dark elf panari religion dude (the one with the "sssssssssstupid voice")... The bane of Kree is equiped it that falchion... I'll just get rid of all the other dudes from my party and try what you say (THX mon)

4. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Using the Kryggird's Falchion is the only way to beat Kerghan if you don't have the Vendigroth Device. And don't let the Bane have it or you'll see a not very happy ending at the end-game slide! ...*spoil* The Bane will kill everyone in Tarant and Caladon!

5. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf New Member

well... ech arem... I wanted to kill everyone in the world after I kill Kerghan :p... if I could continue the game that is... so the Bane will just do it for me :>

6. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

But allowing him to do so means he gets all the credit.

:x

7. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf New Member

I doesn't matter who will kill all of Arcanum... there will be nobody to talk about it anyway :p

8. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

That is a moot point. There may not be anyone left to talk about it, but it is the principle of the thing.

9. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf New Member

If the walker knows the paths, he will chose among them... if the walker doesn't know the paths... he should stay at home :)

10. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

And I have chosen. Others may choose as they wish but I wish to leave a legacy in my wake that is my own

11. The_Malus_Monkey

The_Malus_Monkey New Member

What ending credits happen if you kill everyone in the game?

12. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Surprise! That hardly never changes anything!

The first time I completed the conspiracy mission of Arthur Tyron I went to Tarant and killed every gnome, no matter he was from the council or just walking in the street. And nothing happened.

I killed everyone in Cumbria but having already rescued Maximilian, Cumbria got the good ending.

The mayor of Black Root is other example... :x

13. Whitebird

Whitebird New Member

Objectives if you will

What's the objective in killing everyone in Arcanum? Isn't that what you are trying to prevent Kerghan from doing? You'd be the only one left surrounded by death like Kerghan's fantasy. To me that would be a bummer unless I liked my own company and the company of dead souls. I agree with (who was it Canis) about leaving behind a legacy. Let Arcanum carry on and on and on ...................................

14. Canis

Canis New Member

Wasn't me, but I agree with the sentiment. However, there's also something to be said for the character who wants to finish the quest and to see good things happen to Arcanum, but who also wishes for anonymity. Bit hard to live quietly with some of the reputations you can earn....

That said, it's also fun to go through the game as a force of pure destructive evil, just so you can appreciate all the good you did in your other games. I like doing that with Virgil, too: once you see how much you can really screw up his life, you begin to appreciate how much he depends on you for guidance, and the whole affair seems so much more somber....

Anyway, if you team with Kerghan and destroy all of Arcanum, he turns on you and you end up broken, alone, and waiting for your own death. Par-tay.

And some people just like to play mass murderers. Maybe they'll come out with a Stalinist Purge simulation one day, so you can send people to the gulag and lay waste far and wide....

15. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf New Member

Finally I have some time to post something

I've killed that worm like boss which walked just like it was about to flll, Kerghan was his name... and to tell the truth I had more problems with Lucan and his 2 half-ogres than with the boss...all Kerghan can do is miss and sometimes cast a small spell... (my dog is better than the boss)...

Secondly, Arcanum is one of the best games I've ever played and unfortunately its ending TOTALY SUCKS... a dude just talkin and not even about all the things I did... argh... I'm disapointed... :(

16. Lagash

Lagash New Member

Which difficulty it was? Bahh... unless it was easy it doesn't matter.

I always play in Moderate... only one time Kerghan used all his potential. Casting spells all the time. He used something that looks like a red light that comes out of you (14 HT max)... but that time he killed Voigool and Tollo using the probably best attack he has (a spells that creates some spirits around you and you can hear Kerghan's laughter, it does 40 HT)... otherwise he always suck!

Have you tryied having Kryggird's Falchion and somebody else having the Ancestral Sword of Toria Kel? Really!

In Fallout 1: the Master (500hp), Fallout 2: Horrigan (999hp), now: Kerghan (1300hp)... how can he suck that bad? I agree with you, man!

17. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf New Member

I chcecked Kerghans stast (the spell)... as well as I remember he has 1 str and 8 in everything else... he has no dodge... no fighting... no ability... who made him a boss?...oh yeah I played easy...I'll play on a higher level now...

Our Host!