Dernholm Pit

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Serak Vulnar, Dec 31, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Serak Vulnar

Serak Vulnar New Member

Is there any way for a good character to enter the Pit in Dernholm? I've aggravated the guards over and over again trying to make him keep his threat of tossing me in there, but he just won't do it. Maybe if I do like in baseball, and kick dirt on his shoes, he'll toss me in. :D

2. Canis

Canis New Member

I don't think there's any way you can get in without following the evil path. But maybe you can get in through the back door.... Anyone know the coordinates for that? Hmm.

3. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Go NW from the arival point, about 6 screens. Run a search pattern. There are a few trees & a gorila type critter there. And the stairs too....

4. Canis

Canis New Member

Oh, sweet! Gotta go try that. Thanks! :grin:

Is Virgil supposed to say something in the Pits about a friend of his who was sent there and died within a week? Or was that about something else, or was it just one of those things that were cut or just don't trigger for some blasted reason.

Whatever.

5. Deathmage

Deathmage New Member

6. Canis

Canis New Member

His brother was a law-abiding gentleman who died in his apartment in Caladon. Not some ruffian who couldn't hold his own in the Dernholm Pits.

7. weezil2012

weezil2012 New Member

I was a 100% law abiding citizen (Techno-God) who happened to be very persuasive. I simply walked up to the two guards that stand above the pit and asked nicely, insisting that I needed to get inside. Next thing I know, there I am, killing thieves. You don't have to be evil, you just have to be able to bat your eyes and ask real nice.

8. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

9. weezil2012

weezil2012 New Member

Actually, I had 0 persuassion. I made that comment not in reference to the ability in the game, but rather my uncanny ability to chose the right dialogue options. It was not an option for me earlier in the game, however. You get those dialogue options after meeting the dark elves. I didn't even get the quest from the dark elves, but I still managed to find the thief in the pit who will join your group if you're evil. So go see the dark elves, then go talk to the guards behind the pit. They'll let you in there.

Our Host!