Magnus the great swimmer

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Lone_Wolf, Dec 30, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf New Member

Nothing 2 inportant... but I have noticed this funny bug... on the Isle of Despair I had to left my companions to fight in that pit... when I rerurned Magnus was missing (he was wearing a plate mail - or whatever it's called in english :p I 'ave the polish version :D)... I had to find him, he had some good stuff. Guess where I found him... in Tarant... he swam quite a good distance in heacy armor... why can't take his armor off, jump on his back and use him like a boat? :p

2. xento

xento New Member

This has happened to MY character before, as well.

I clicked somewhere so my character would run to that location, and I suddenly noticed that he wasn't where I told him to be; he was running away! I followed him and stopped him; right in the middle of Tarant's river.

That was one time with my human technologist. I think accidently saved and then loaded instead of just loading!!! I had to do it over again. Stupid quicksave...

Another time was in Shrouded Hills... I suddenly noticed my character was running away. I followed him with my screed and stopped him; right beside a pack of wolves due North from Shrouded Hills. He was attacked and killed... Stupid bug! :D

3. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf New Member

So lets now make it the "STUPID BUG\SITUATION TOPIC"... post stupid bugs\situations here :p

4. Susano

Susano New Member

You know this Elvenholy place, whats its called (somehwat-pain), where you have to get the humans to go away, without using violence?

Well I told my followers to wait at the starting point of the location (so out of sight), provoked the guy and didnt fight back. And STILL I was killed. Stupid bug, which I countered with a bug. I fortunately had still 2 fate points, so I spent one on "immune against magic" and wasnt killed. This wa quiet fun tricksing the game.....

5. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

falcons ache. i never had that happen before, are you patched?

6. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf New Member

never had that problem at Falcons Ache... (I'm not patched)...

7. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf New Member

just remembered an other bug... accidently (walking around the map) I found Thorins Quary (argh don't remember the correct name, but it was the place where I had to get tha boulder for an altar)... 2 bad my dubm@$$ half-ogre pick up the stone and I made him throw it away... Later on in the game I had the "build the altar quest"... Had to go to that quary, but the STONE WAS NO MORE... and no altar means no offering...

and about picking up things... Thorian Kel and Virgil are gey...:p... everywhere I went they kept picking up those yellow flowers...sweet ain't it :)

8. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

i always store the stone away if i go there before i need to. all followers pick up items on the ground, not just virgil and torian kel

9. Canis

Canis New Member

While I have my doubts about Torian Kel, or anyone else who wears that skimpy dread/barbarian/Village People/whatever armor for that matter, VIRGIL IS NOT GAY. Hmmph. Some people, honestly.

He can get seriously bugged if he becomes evil and/or surly, but he is definitely not gay.

10. Deathmage

Deathmage New Member

You know, I think Swyft and Gar are absolutly crazy.

Once I managed to get Gar free and then, after taking him around for a while I fired him (I was in Tarant) and I saw him starting to walk towards somewhere, so I followed him. And he actually walked right back to H.T. Parnell's and stood where he used to stand!!!! And I thought he didn't WANT to do it!

And Swyft. Well, after my Techie finally brought her all the way to Tarant, I went back to Qintarra later, and there she was, standing at the entrance to the elf city!! Sheesh...

11. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I had Magnus going through walls and locked doors. Pity I myself can't :D
    I enter the black market building in Tarant and begin to collect the stuff I had for sale from my followers. Guess where I find Magnus? In the room to the left, with a door locked. How did he get there and WHY WHY WHY can't I tell him to unlock the barrel he stands close to! Anyway, I went back to the barrel where I stored my stuff, hoping to see Magnus going out either through the exit (which would mean he went through a locked door) or through a wall, but he didn't join me untill I reached Madam Lil's, then he suddenly appears from around the corner. I didn't think he had that much magic powers to go through things!

12. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

if you give gar his freedom he goes back to ht parnells and you get a fp. i have teleported swyft to tarant, dropped her off, teleported back to quintarra, and shes already there. :-o she just cant make up her mind

13. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf New Member

hehe I guess the "bugZ in Arcanum" topic i going quite well :D

opening locked doors i shops etc is no problem

wait till the owner goes to bed -> enter the room after him -> rob him -> leave as he gets out again :) just like taking candy from a baby (I'm an evil char :p)

14. Deathmage

Deathmage New Member

Nono, if you tell Gar that he's free initially you get a FP. If you tell him to leave later you don't. I tried this just about 20 minutes ago. He's not that good anyway...

On another subject completly I find it strange that most followers begins with no weapons. Like Magnus. If YOU are trying to find your past from some company with an evil reputation would you go there unarmed?

15. Gavla

Gavla New Member

The evil reputation is only really a very vague and too dramatic sounding rumor at this stage. It seems to me that Magnus is just sort of hanging around and looking for a nice, legal way to find out exactly what is going on (he's so good, as we know all to well)
    And besides that, he's not a warrior - he's a city dwarf. He's pretty weedy when you first pick him up and not going in everywhere with pyroaxe blazing.

16. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

if you have gar to wait and then talk to him you can set him free for a fp. gar is quite the fighter and is close to soggs, chukkas, and dogs abilities. i think most followers begin with no weapons because most start out in cities and using weapons in cities is not approved of. followers like virgil that are found in the wilderness do begin with a weapon. either that or sierra just got lazy...

Our Host!