Burnin' a hole in my pants

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bryant1380, Jan 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

The Dad got me a 75.00 gift card for Wal-Mart. I want a computer game, but I don't know what. Div Div, that new Kate Archer game (No one lives forever? Is that what it's called?) I don't know vhat tu do. Suggestions? Should I wait? Is there some uber-bad-ass new game coming out that I should wait for? You guys are more in the loop than I am, so tell me whatcha know, whatcha think.

I know there are a select few who, after reading the title, opened this thread in hopes of seeing a retard with holes in his pants, hopefully in suggestive places. I'm not going to name names, but you are sick mrnobodie and Windmills.

2. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

Oh, I thought you had an interesting story to tell.

The last game I bought was AvP2 about 3 months ago. So I'm not really up to date.

Are you sure you don't have an interesting story to tell us?

3. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Retard, I'd wait for Lionheart, or Devastation. Although, you might not go in for Devastation, because it's a post-apocalyptic shooter that sounds really good to me, I don't know whether it would appeal to you though. Lionheart comes out in a few months, and also looks pretty good.

5. Flink

Flink New Member

GTA3?! That peice of trash? Bah! I just got Mech Warrior 4 merc's. A new stand alone expansion for MW4. Very cool in both singleplayer and multiplayer. Don't worry, its got nothing to do with the original MW4 storyline. (Which I found to be pretty crappy.)

Thats the only new game I can really think of that I think would be worth getting...

6. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Alright, I admit it. I was getting all worked up into a lather, thinking about the various arousing possibilities awaiting me upon opening this thread. The fact that I was not greeted with a picture of retard wearing extremely holey trousers, or at least a decent pair of chaps, with nothing underneath, was extremely dissapointing.

Alas, I am destined to go through life without this much-anticipated carnal knowledge. I weep and throw my hands up in sadness and despair. Woe is me.

Now bring forth the oiled Scotsman. Mommy's got a Jonesin' for some lovin' - regimental style.

7. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Really, it depends on the games you like. But since you are in a forum about Arcanum, I would say way for Lionheart. LionHeart is going to be the same type of RPG as Arcanum and it takes place around the same time period. I think....

I mean, I could go on and on about games, but it depends what type of games you're interested in.

www.ign.com

Look there for game reviews and stuff.....

8. Etalis Craftlord

You're an idiot, Quethim. That is all.

9. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I checked out GTA3 (I'd never looked at it), NOLF2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'S Way, and Lionheart. They all look good. Lionheart seems like it's a refreshing change, but then so did Morrowind at the time, huh? :) I'll probably get NOLF2, and then wait for Lionfart. Oh, and other suggestions are still welcome!

Windmills, sorry to disappoint. Here's a little something to tide you over until I can make the trip to S.C. I'm not trouserless, but it'll tide you over.

Oh yeah, you know you want it.

They say I get my looks from my mom. Be warned. She's rather mannish.

10. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Troika's next release is a D & D game with all the multiple paths of Arcanum, but I doubt that it will be out before your $75 evaporates.

11. Milo

Milo New Member

I loved No One Lives Forever 2. If you have a good computer, the game looks amazing. The textures and animation in that game are top notch. Overall, a very polished game. Everything from the background music to the menu graphics all fit in with the swanky '60s spy theme.

Plus, the new and improved Cate Archer is hot.

The only gripe is that it's kind of short and doesn't have a ton of replay value. I can see playing through the game a max of 2 or 3 times. Once going through Rambo-style, once more playing it stealthy, and once again maybe at the hardest difficulty.

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

retard, it doesn't say much for your masculinity when you look like your mum, and your mum looks mannish.

13. gamenut

gamenut New Member

i've been waiting for a game named Sea Dogs 2 to come out, but i doubt that's your type of game...

14. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Well, the card is spent. I did get NOLF2. Spent the rest on paintballs, and a movie for the wife... I'm loving playing with Cate Archer. ERmm, I meant playing as Cate Archer.

15. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Oh, I'm sorry I'm such an idiot...it's not my fault I didn't really look on the lionheart site for long. It's also not my fault I read the site wrong...but from what it seemed like, it was in the industrial revolution and it was a strugle between magic and technology. Damn! You don't have to be so rude about it.....

16. xento

xento New Member

If you ever happen to come across another card or $40, I would highly recomend Warcraft III. Very nicely done game! Good graphics (for a strategy game), funny easter eggs (when you click the units more then 3 times), and a very interesting storyline!!!

17. Etalis Craftlord

The units have some good lines ("For the end of the world spell, press Cntrl Alt Delete"), but the overall game isn't all that great. The last campaign has the weakest plot I've ever encountered in a game - "awaken the druids! Their awesome power will 0w17 you!"

18. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I thought Warcraft III was a RTS. Do you have villagers, or slaves, or some other form of low lifes that gather resources? And, if so, what resources are gathered?

19. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

... so then I says, "more like borecraft!"

:lol:

My friend said that about 50 times on a coach bus to a ski resort... I can't get it out of my head! arg!

20. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Our Host!