The only thing I want in Arcanum 2..

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Lauchlin, Dec 29, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lauchlin

Lauchlin New Member

A game-engine with less bugs! I love the Story of Arcanum, and the athmosphere, but it's so slow on my comp.. When I walk in Tarant, I sometimes have a framerate of 1! I know my comp is old, but with graphics like this I expect it to run fine.. So all I want is a remake, which doesn't need any new graphics, and the ability to use old modules, so there would be a use fo the mods I intend to make..

2. mihawk85

mihawk85 New Member

3. Flink

Flink New Member

this is true on many systems. Arcanum slows down in crowded areas or even freeze only to start again after a few seconds. Arcanum does take up a lot more system resourses then a game of its kind should.

4. mihawk85

mihawk85 New Member

on my old system,arcanum was able to freeze even for ten-fifteen minutes in tarant or vendigroth...then it ran for 1 or 2 secs and froze again...

5. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I had similar issues. Back when bitching about it happened in the General Forum, we came up with the novel idea of having multiple sectors for each city, as in Fallout.

Yes, I know it's not novel. Don't remind me.

6. Phisch

Phisch New Member

I think sectors would have done little for performance, I just stuck Arcanum back on my desktop and I get all sorts of bog and strangeness.

Dual Athlon 1.6GHz
    1024MB DDRSDRAM 266MHz
    240GB RAID Stripe
    ATi Radeon AIW8500

There’s no actual system reason for the game performing as poorly as it does, but there it is, all sorts of strangeness and slowness. It could be issues with XP but I doubt it, perhaps the game just doesn’t perform up to snuff, every now and then the hard drives just go nuts and their on a RAID controller in 64bit mode, there is simply no reason for it, I can move a 3GBs and more of animation faster than parts of Arcanum load. I don’t know whether its cache management or what the problem is but it is pretty significant, unless of course the game just doesn’t like my hardware.

Our Host!