REALY REALLY COOL

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Sauron, Jan 1, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sauron

Sauron New Member

It would be sooooo sweat if they made arcanum 2 a mmorpg. ( massive mutipayer online role playing game) You could build houses, get married, travel in a grupe, take a side in a war, pick a skill. For example, I live near tarant, im married to someone, me and my playr organization travel far and wide colectig artifats and bounty, i fight against derholm, and im a blacksmith/ archer. wouldn't that be great? you and ur friends could get together and build a town or outpost. And after someone clears out a cave the next day all of the treasurs and monsters respawn. Most and all of these ideas i got from SWG ( star wars galaxies ). Please post your thoughts and ideas about something like this.

2. Canis

Canis New Member

It would be even cooler if people actually used it as a venue for serious roleplaying instead of just another elaborate chatroom for prepubescent males with vacuous aspirations to sex and violence and with only the most tenuous grasp of the English language.

I'm sorry. I'm jaded. That IS an excellent idea you've got, though. :)

3. Sauron

Sauron New Member

thank you, thank you. Please keep them posts come in!

4. weezil2012

weezil2012 New Member

Unfortunately, I already see too much UO or DAOC in your idea. Both of those games had potential, and they both wound up sucking. I've never played Eversmack, nor do I intend to, but I've become very jaded to the entire idea of online gaming.

Regardless of the design of the game, it becomes warped into a fantasy world for prepubescent complainers who cannot understand how a level 23 character was descimated by a level 40 monster. No matter how hard the creators attempt to keep the game's vision in mind, they always fail because the majority of their money comes from the "LeEt" losers. In the end, every game is altered to make it easier for those who don't want a challenge.

If an Arcanum II is made, I would feel horrible if they went the online route. It would taint my perception of a wonderful game.

5. Sauron

Sauron New Member

well, if thats your opinion. Please keep your thoughts and ideas come in in!

6. Falin M'or

Falin M'or New Member

If they did make Arcanum 2 a mmorpg, I wouldnt be too happy because they would most likely make a monthy fee like every other mmorpg ever...kinda.

7. Phisch

Phisch New Member

It's not the monthly fee that gets me, that's why I work.

It's being chased around by a man in women's clothing screaming "I 4r3 teh 5lay3r! B0\/\/ b4 |\/|3!" or "| R l33t, ki55 |\/|y a55."

It's too bad really, since MMORPGS could have been the greatest thing since highspeed internet.

8. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Ironically, I think The Sims Online will be mostly free of |337 crap. If they can't kill anything, they tend to lose interest.

In any case, Arcanum as a MMORPG would be the worst thing that could happen to the game short of producing a well-marketed sequel based on hitting pigeons with a stick. The whole point of it was that it was immersive and a roleplaying game - if you populate it entirely with other people from the same world you are and they're not all completely committed to realism, then all you've got is yet another multiplayer hack/slash.

9. Phisch

Phisch New Member

Amen to that!

Though pigeon whacking could be fun.

10. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

d00d! y00 c417 wh4ck 91930175?? PH34R 1779 |337, 9193017 c0ck511770k3r5!

Note: This is parody. The pigeons need not ph34r my |337 unless they so choose.

11. Phisch

Phisch New Member

The state of the MMORPG is just sad. It could have been an incredible thing, UO could have been the greatest piece of software in the history of the industry but shit happens and boy did it! From inadequacies in the internet to annoying twerps the MMORPG has been plagued by stupidity and mismanagement since the start. I would like to see a system of servers similar to NWN, the ability to create a multiplayer game and lock the server to the general public, all games should have multiplayer but the MMORPG is a recipe for disaster and customer disenfranchisement, not to mention a fantastic way to get rid of all those dedicated fans who bought your product from the beginning.

Just give us multiplayer, five or six sane people in a game are so much better than three thousand idiots.

12. Susano

Susano New Member

well, I guess some months after the release of a MMORP, free servers will arise, which will have restrictions on who can play and who not, and if somebody doesnt vehave he will be banned.
    Well, I know theer are many servers like this for UO, heh.....

13. Gavla

Gavla New Member

The way I see it, if you've actually got the energy in imagination to do any good role playing, you're not in a position where you just want to plonk down in front of your PC and play a videogame.

14. Susano

Susano New Member

Thats not really true. there are good, uhm, online role-players.

15. Sauron

Sauron New Member

16. Gavla

Gavla New Member

Maybe I drew the wrong conclusion, but I think the way i'm trying to look at playing an MMORPG as more creating something than playing a game is valid.

17. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

18. Ferret

Ferret New Member

For goodness sake STOP GRAVEDIGGING.

If you HAVE to gravedig, then at least post something worthwhile, instead of the worthless shit you have been posting!

Our Host!